Self Readings and Drinking

The crowned one

Moral templates vary by individual, as does judgment as they shift :D

Papa Tango

Indeed!

Nor should anyone sane drop acid and play with cards. You may not understand what happens. Don't ask me how I know... :rolleyes:

Again, your mileage may vary.

blackmoonbee

Couldn't agree more. Curious about folks personal policies nonjudgmental inquiry as I can imagine there are diverse thoughts and policies in our tarot communities

Sassyinkpen

If I've had too much, my thinking is muddled and unfocused, and there's not a lot of point to reading. But a glass or two of wine or beer can sometimes grease the wheels of my mind a little bit, and allow my intuition to flow a little more freely. And most importantly, it quiets the critics and the self-doubt in my mind, which is extremely helpful.

baconwaffles

It depends on what my goal is.
There's something to be said for entertaining readings with cards and wine and friends. That said, I don't like being drunk, so I don't drink all that much. But it's still fun.

There's also something to be said about the sacred and the serious - in which case I would prefer for my mind to be unclouded. But, honestly, most people are affected by sleepiness or multitasking distractions just as much as by alcohol.

I find it much more difficult to read without tea. Tea, for me, is close to being crucial.
Oh yes I agree, the same sloppiness in reading happens to me when tired as when I am drinking. It's like a groggy monster comes out to play. I can read for fun but I will get tired quick.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

baconwaffles

This is likely to get me into deep trouble, but when seeking to access my deepest levels of thinking a bit of the "devil's weed" is profoundly helpful. A buzz from some Sour Diesel, some patchouli incense, a bit of candlelight, and some time with card images can clear up a number of questions for me--and lend remarkable clarity to how I might be getting in my own way...

Your mileage may vary with this.... :p
Oooh never tried this but I can imagine all the amazing readings I would be giving myself.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Zephyros

Of course, everything has some kind of psychoactive effect, not only what we think of as "drugs." These aren't always present in the amounts in actual drugs, but they still do have some effect even if we don't notice it. Chocolate shares several compounds with marijuana, as well as having Phenylethylamine, known as the "love drug" because it is a chemical related to the high we feel when we're in love. You can't really become intoxicated from chocolate in the classic sense, but what we think of as "us" is really different chemicals mixing in the soup of our brain.

The Chemistry of Chocolate

danieljuk

some shamans and other people who give divination take drugs and give readings in a hugely altered state. But they are speaking from "another place" usually, not reading something in front of them. It really depends on the context and how it works for us.

For me, I can drink and the readings turn out okay but it really depends on my mood at the time. If I am wailing with upset and drinking lot's of wine, it's not going to be a good reading. Also partying with friends doesn't really give good readings. But a few glasses and then reading in a normal mood is fine for me!

I concentrate in my readings and need to be able to think and work things out. But alcohol seems to be okay for me but I have never read when I haven't really been able to think clearly :D

Le Fanu

Tipsy makes me more intuitive, but it's a delicate tipping point. Only I know when I'm ready to reach for the cards! Veer towards drunk and it's hopeless. I know this from endless dinner party readings with insistent guests...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk