Group Activities/Exercises?

Tommy2700

Hello,

Recently, I had my meetup group split into two smaller groups of three and each person had a turn at playing reader,client, and recorder of the reading. This seemed to work well. I am also thinking of doing similar with a multi-deck reading (one Tarot deck, one non Tarot) -two or more people could pair the Tarot card with an oracle deck card, working collaboratively at an interpretation, while another group member records the reading and perhaps adding input.

Forgive me if another thread addresses this, but does anybody else have group activity suggestions that aren't found in The Tarot Activity Book or 365 Tarot Activities books?

Thanks.

Grizabella

I don't have those books and haven't tried doing what you suggest. It does sound like an interesting activity though. :)

Original Destiny

The thought of a group activity sends my introversion crazy.

EvaSegovia

Me too I'm afraid... INFJ

Original Destiny

INTP-A

Grizabella

I'm an INFJ and the idea just makes me intrigued. :)

I posted an idea in Tarot Games and Fun here that's a little bit similar and will start adding my story when I get time later tonight if anyone cares to participate. It's not the exact same thing, but should be fun and informative, I hope.

ncharge

My group does round robin readings, making sure that each round robin circle averages 5 people. In a round robin, each person chooses a deck (we want drastically different decks to challenge our skills), then each person chooses one card from each deck. Then, the first person at the table will flip their cards in turn and each of the other people will read that card. In the end, every person at the table will every card for you. This exercise helps the trainees focus on intuitive reading, see the many ways you can interpret a card, discover the nuances that other people put on a card, etc. It also helps new people who don't know what to say or how to express themselves learn how to give a reading by hearing the other's read. Finally, if you don't connect with a specific deck, hearing other people read the card can often spark a connection.

The group reading has been amazing for opening intuitive channels. It is like everybody working together on the reading creates an exponential explosion of intuition. But once you get up to 5 people at a table, the process can take forever. Worth it for the experience, though. Too few people and you don't get the interplay that adds so much to the experience.