reading for others vs self

Grizabella

I don't really read for myself for the same reasons as others have stated as not being fully able to be unbiased. What I do, though, is just shuffle and lay out cards first thing in the morning over and over and if certain cards repeatedly keep coming up, then I pay more attention to those cards as the days go by. The Tower isn't a card I like to see because it usually means that I'm going to move again even if I don't really want to.

nisaba

there seems to be a larger consensus that reading for others is more accurate

but how can that be

when you read for yourself or other people you know all the details of the story and are able to more clearly see how the cards would make sense in that particular situation

when you're reading for others it seems like your'e just taking shots in the dark

Think about it.

When you're reading for yourself, you're full of whatever delusions and deceptions you've protected yourself with, plus whatever delusions and deceptions others in your situation have set on you. You're also wanting a given outcome, which will distort your readings by introducing emotionally caused distortions.

When you read for a stranger, your mind is uncluttered by all of this. All you have to go on is a combination of the images of the cards in front of you plus your actual intuition, not the louder voice of your thoughts, opinions and wishes drowning out the shisper of your intuition.

Reading for others is not only much clearer, it's also a *lot* less difficult.

Kalisti

Another benefit that I've found when diversifying my reading circles is that I get to know cards that seldom ever come up for readings for me. Regardless of the deck, I tend to get some of the same cards and it feels sometimes like only half of the deck wants to talk to me any given time. As a result, when I do get a card that I haven't experienced much, it can be a struggle to interpret it. Since I'm not the sit on one card and meditate type, opening my readings to others, especially strangers, has brought a slew of cards I don't often get to "talk" to to deepen my understanding of the full deck.