Would a *live* reading be more accurate than a reading from a distance?

Quest85

I've been doing self readings mostly, and I feel like now is the time to 'expand my horizon' and start doing readings for others. But there are some things I wonder about doing a reading for someone else.
Like the other day my friend asked me to do a reading, we weren't able to meet, so I drew the cards for her. And although I was thinking about her and focused in on a picture of her...

I wonderd, wouldn't the cards and/or reading be more accurate/succesfull if the querent is actually present (with their own 'live' energy) and draw the cards themselves?
Or can my readings be just as accurate, if I draw the cards?

What is your take on this readers? :)

Darkmage

I do both online and offline readings. I find they're equally accurate. Face to face gets you immediate feedback, but that's really the only difference.

It really depends on the skill of the reader.

Amanda

I prefer online readings; face-to-face with someone is more distracting for me.

Original Destiny

I have mostly done face to face as I enjoy the experience of connecting to another person, sharing a moment in time and feeling privileged to share a little of their lives. I have done remote readings with good results but have missed the interaction of person to person

Grizabella

I prefer face-to-face readings but I do mostly online ones right now. I don't see any difference in the readings, really, other than that I enjoy face-to-face more because there's more quick interaction than online.

EmpyreanKnight

I think that if you're really good, both should be effective although I still prefer face to face.

Cocobird55

The best readings I've ever gotten were online ones. I prefer doing them for other people vs f-2-f. I get tongue tied, and don't have as much time to really think about what the cards are telling me.

Disa

As a sitter, the online readings I've received were much better than the 2 face to face ones I received.

As a reader, I used to prefer to do online ones. I've gotten more accustomed to face to face ones now and I actually prefer them because I don't have to take pics of the cards, type things up and email. So face to face is quicker in that regard, and I like the immediate interaction, but I don't feel there is any difference in their accuracy whether they are online or face to face.

LeFou

I wonderd, wouldn't the cards and/or reading be more accurate/succesfull if the querent is actually present (with their own 'live' energy) and draw the cards themselves?

For drawing cards, I find the querent draws better cards than me. If I draw the cards, sometimes it still works but I feel I'm working a bit harder, which isn't a good thing (I'd prefer to do nothing at all).

What's odd is that I've met many scammers in-person, yet online, I've not had one scammer (these are paid readings). However, it might be best to just try yourself a variety of ways, and see. What works for you might be different.

Quest85

Interesting to read that most of you prefer online readings, rather than face 2 face.

I can definately see why online readings would be more 'comfortable' for the reader...especially when you are a beginner in practising tarot. It gives you more time to look at the cards and figure out the story. Maybe typing/writing it down (i.o verbally) is easier for a lot of people aswell.

Despite my less developed communication skills, I think i'd still prefer f2f for now, as I find interaction en present energies very important in order to 'tune in' on a person's energie.

It really depends on the skill of the reader.

True that...
So my next question arises: what level of skills would one need to do an accurate reading online?
Would you say need to be (at least a little) psychic maybe? or would u say that a developed intuition could get you just as far?