Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

I've been bitten.....

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot


 
Trogon's Avatar
Trogon  Trogon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Aug 2002
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 2,916
Trogon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicjack View Post
I think I've been cured of this disease for the time being. Amazingly it has stopped! The wanting and needing has gone away. I'm sure I will be bitten again in the future but right now I have plenty of decks to keep me busy until my next infection.
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this magicjack ... but there is no cure. It just goes into a temporary remission from time to time.

I purchased 2 copies of the Sedona Vortex Tarot about a week ago. Had seen them in a used-book store. Originally there had been 5, when I went back there were 2 in excellent condition and one that was beat up. I bought the 2 good ones. I'm now contemplating the Medicine Cards.

[ETA;] Okay, I'd already posted about buying the Sedona Vortex cards. Dur.
Top   #71
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpyreanKnight View Post
Sometimes it bites just when you least expect it, so be careful folks, and always keep the bug spray on hand.
That is very true, EmpyreanKnight! lol Unfortunately, I don't think bug spray works for this. LOL
Top   #72
magicjack's Avatar
magicjack  magicjack is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 17 Feb 2013
Location: San Fransisco CA USA
Posts: 509
magicjack 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this magicjack ... but there is no cure. It just goes into a temporary remission from time to time.

I purchased 2 copies of the Sedona Vortex Tarot about a week ago. Had seen them in a used-book store. Originally there had been 5, when I went back there were 2 in excellent condition and one that was beat up. I bought the 2 good ones. I'm now contemplating the Medicine Cards.

[ETA;] Okay, I'd already posted about buying the Sedona Vortex cards. Dur.
Right now the antibodies are fighting it off. I just realized today I haven't looked at my wish list in awhile. I know there is something in it so I haven't pulled it up yet. I might wait till next week to see what I've put in it that I just have to have.
Top   #73
Trogon's Avatar
Trogon  Trogon is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 27 Aug 2002
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 2,916
Trogon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicjack View Post
Right now the antibodies are fighting it off. I just realized today I haven't looked at my wish list in awhile. I know there is something in it so I haven't pulled it up yet. I might wait till next week to see what I've put in it that I just have to have.
And so The Bug wins out over the antibodies again ...
Top   #74
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 

My fellow Tarot Bug bitten friends.... I need strength! I'm being pulled yet again towards some new tarot decks! I literally haven't even gotten through the last batch. It's a disease!!

BeyondtheVeil calmly backing away from the 'buy now button". Whew! That was close!



Anyone else? .....
Top   #75
Barleywine's Avatar
Barleywine  Barleywine is offline
Elder Jabberwock
 
Join Date: 10 Jun 2011
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 9,055
Barleywine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
My fellow Tarot Bug bitten friends.... I need strength! I'm being pulled yet again towards some new tarot decks! I literally haven't even gotten through the last batch. It's a disease!!

BeyondtheVeil calmly backing away from the 'buy now button". Whew! That was close!



Anyone else? .....
Here's some new computer wallpaper for your start page.
Attached Images
 
Top   #76
BeyondtheVeil's Avatar
BeyondtheVeil  BeyondtheVeil is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 09 Jun 2009
Location: Here, There.. Everywhere!
Posts: 7,446
BeyondtheVeil 
Barleywine


Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
Here's some new computer wallpaper for your start page.
LOL .. YES.. I NEED that!


Thank you Barleywine!


Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #77
page of ghosts's Avatar
page of ghosts  page of ghosts is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 23 Jan 2017
Location: The kokiri forest
Posts: 174
page of ghosts 

I got the Thoth deck I ordered and I've only managed to look a little at it so far. But, seems I gotta change my status from "not a cardstock snob" to "someone who doesn't like too thin cards / a low level snob" because this current edition is... weird! The cardstock is similar to some decks I already own and is quite thin but it's also kind of strangely floppy? Like a cheap deck of playing cards I have, except this was around 200 nok so not that cheap. It's disappointing, especially since I have some other USGS decks that have, at least to me, decent more solid cardstock, like the Halloween, Dreaming Way and Centennial. At least it will be easy to riffle shuffle, but I gotta say I had hoped it was better. I'm still happy to have it so I can slowly get into the Thoth... now I just wonder if the current big size deck is also weirdly floppy since I wish I could see the pictures better...
Top   #78




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.