All about Lenormand Cards

Gavriela

The playing card inset is especially helpful to see if there's a person involved - now there won't always be, but the House, say, concerns your home, and it could also particularly concern an older male family member.

Or the snake could be a betrayal of some sort, but it may also be a dark-haired woman (Queen Clubs). Given that there are 12 courts, it's a useful layer of information.

Also, there are different meanings (and not everyone uses them, nor do everybody's match) if you're doing a less than 36 card spread and you get x number of aces, sixes, kings, whatever.

It's just easier to read with the playing card inset, and often gives you an extra layer of information or two that you wouldn't have without it. I know it's on Seaqueen's site somewhere, too, but my actual first 'Lenormand' deck was a deck of regular playing cards with the words for the symbols written on them (Lily, Bear, Fox, etc.)

Seaqueen

Playing card

Eios said:
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the Lenormand Oracle, so I'm clueless about the inserts of playing cards in the lenormand. Do the meaning of the cards follow the traditional meaning of playing cards? Do you use them in any other way?

Regards,

Eios
Hello,
I have found that the inserts of the playing cards don't always follow the traditonal meaning. For example, the child card has the Jack of Spades. The Jack doesn't not depict the essence of the child card but it does represent a young dark haired man who is not fully mature. The snake cards has the Queen of Clubs, which can mean a sister, co-worker and bright young woman. The scythe has the Jack of diamonds, which is a young fair haired man with a sharp tongue.

jeniko

Hi everybody

I recently began studying with Lenormand cards, and I'm a little confused with the sickle (10) and birds (12) cards, I think they would mean unexpected difficulties or finish something with some problems.

Jko.

Gavriela

One meaning of Scythe + Birds is grief, the other way round it can be sudden grief. I'd look at the card after the Birds to figure out what the grief is about.

Birds + Scythe could mean an end to gossip or worries as well. Or a short trip gets cancelled.

I'm sure there's more, but that's what comes to mind off the top of my head.

jeniko

Sorry , the next card is the path (22)
I think it would be decisions to make

thanks for your response

Gavriela

Agonising over which is the right decision, people who may not be well-meaning (or maybe they are) offering advice that's not helping? Feeling forced to take a certain decision even if it's not the one you want?

I'm no expert, though - obviously.

Seaqueen

Lenormand 10 + 12 + 22

jeniko said:
Sorry , the next card is the path (22)
I think it would be decisions to make

thanks for your response
jeniko said:
Hi everybody

I recently began studying with Lenormand cards, and I'm a little confused with the sickle (10) and birds (12) cards, I think they would mean unexpected difficulties or finish something with some problems.

Jko.
Howdy all,
Looking at these 3 cards I can see a few interpretations which might fit into what is going on in your life.
I agree with Gavriela about scythe + birds suggesting a profound grief. Or a very deep hurt.

And the decision you make (if you take the path card to mean decison) will be based in some situation resulting from the deep hurt. Could the path card be a female close to you (queen of diamonds). Does it affect her?

The birds also suggest "2"- are there sisters involved? Just a thought.

Scythe + birds points to a very serious issue/worry. Another question to consider could be -is there a young fair haired man (jack of diamonds) spreading nasty rumours (birds)?

I see it as a problem because of an ending or abrupt stop to something- worries are created because of this, which leads to the decision represented by the path card, possibly involving the queen of diamonds.

If path is taken to represent travel, it cautions not to drive while upset.

Gavriela

Here's a new and nifty one. I amn't going to go through the whole read, but it was a general what I need to know during the next couple of weeks that I did over the week-end. I won't focus on all of it, but we may have a new interp to add to the books, so to speak.

My next door neighbours are less-than-desirable, aside from being drunk and violent a lot, they brought bedbugs into the house two years ago and it's been havoc ever since. I had to have my flat sprayed cos I'm next door to them the first time it happened, then again the second time it happened, and we're still having inspections every two months or so, and various other flats have needed spraying - and it always originates in the same place (lucky me). I just got a notice today that we have to all rip our flats apart again for yet another bedbug inspection in two days' time.

When I was doing this reading, my focus went immediately to the House, and the sense of upheaval around it.

Here are the cards:

7 Diamonds Birds/King Diamonds Fishes/8 Spades Park/9 Clubs Fox
Jack Spades Child/10 Clubs Bear/9 Diamonds Coffin/King Hearts House
Ace Hearts Gentleman/9 Spades Anchor/Queen Clubs Snake/10 Spades Ship

First look at the last line down - Fox + House + Ship. Now there are other ways to interpret these cards, but one seems to be that there is something wrong with the house (Fox + House), that will cause you to spend more time away from it than in it (House + Ship) - I had to move out for a week every time it was sprayed cos I'm allergic to the spray (hoping they don't have to spray again, because I'm ill, and I'm just not up to this).

Bear + Coffin + House - a little off the beaten path, but something usually strong (Bear), like the house, ends up getting sick (Coffin + House). Now the uncovered part of the Coffin is facing the House, so maybe there's still hope!

Then there's that little Snake + House + Ship triangle going, again, indicating treachery or problems (in this case filthy neighbours - Snake + House), causing upheaval in the housing situation (House + Ship). Anchor + Snake = a long-lasting problem?

There were any number of other interps I wrote down, but I know Fox + House is often something wrong about a house, and it occurs to me that the Fox with the Coffin and the Snake around the House could point to pests in the house - and if the Ship is around there, it could cause upheaval in a living situation. I think if the Mice were around, it could be talking about termites, wood rot, maybe actual rats or mice.

MatPoint

Hi,

Here you have a few things I've seen in the reading.

Look at the last column:

Fox + House means to me a neighbor whom is not very nice, and the ship may mean that this particular neighbor is going to be away from home or is going to avoid a problem or responsibilities as it seems to be shown in the top row.

Now I would read the first row. You can combine any cards, they don't need to be one next to the other to be combined.

Birds + Fox. Small and temporary problems with a neighbour whom is not trust worthy. A smart and selfish one.

Then the cards in between will give more specific information about that event.

Fishes + Park. It is a financial problem that involves a group of people.

Summary:
There are going to be small and temporary financial problems caused by a neighbor. This will affect a group of people. And this neighbor will avoid or scape from his responsibilities or duties.

Do not trust a fox person ever.

I hope you'll be able to sort it out with no major problems.

Mat

Seaqueen

Foxy person

MatPoint said:
Hi,

Do not trust a fox person ever.

Mat
I agree with you about not trusting a fox person in one aspect of interpretation. I have found through studying layouts that the fox sometimes suggests a possessive attitude or disposition, if you take the court as the focal point. And even if you don't. For instance FOX + FISH, can mean a stingy person holding onto every cent they have. A con artist comes to mind as well.

When people are too overprotective, it seems that it is to the exclusion of other's feelings. I think that this will come across as sneaky and secretive especially when the intention is not expressed.

I was reading somewhere on one of the Hungarian websites (I think, I forget now there has been so many, ha-ha) that the orginal Lenormand cards did not even have pictures on the cards.

Has anyone else read something similar?