the phantomwise tarot - deck in progress

Little Hare

Woooohooo!! I love them :) I'm so stocked for you. Your one talented cookie :heart:

lunakasha

alizarin said:
Ha, did I really say "by the end of the month" back in October? That was obviously a big lie.

Anyway, hi! Long time no Phantomwise Tarot update, and I apologize for that. I ended up basically taking the end of '07 off from working on the deck. I needed to work on other things and think about what I wanted to do with the minors and so they've become the official project of 2008.

And while 2008 did kind of sneak up on me, I am off to a good start and finished the aces today. I'm having some technical difficulties getting them properly photographed but I have posted a preview of them over here on my journal. Hopefully I'll have better images (and a Minor Arcana gallery) up by next week.

I'm really, really going to try to finish the entire deck by the end of the year. It's feasible, I think, barring any unforeseen problems. 4 down, 52 to go at any rate.

Erin~ nice to hear from you again, and the Aces are beautiful!

I love the way you had them all connected....they look nice all lined up together.

I will echo Chronata's comment....your Phantomwise deck is pure perfection, and one that I am VERY eager to see completed....
but no pressure, no hurries.

It will be worth waiting for, however long it takes....thanks for the update!

:) Luna

alizarin

Thank you all! And don't worry, I'm not pressuring myself with deadlines. As much as it would be lovely to have the minors complete by the end of the year I tend to take the same attitude towards deadlines as Douglas Adams: "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

But the minors are going well so far! I just finished the 2s and I couldn't be more pleased with them. You can see them in the tarot minors gallery on my website.

I'm enjoying working on each number as a set, as you can probably tell from these. I'm not sure how much I'll carry the wands=black on white - pentacles=white on black throughout the rest of the cards but it's working well so far.

I already have some sketches for the 3s so they should be up (comparatively) soon!

Sidhe-Ra

Those are wonderful! Really, really.

That is the cutest two of cups I have ever seen- and yet also very readable and well thought out.

NICE work!

Em xx

truelighth

The new cards are lovely!!! I very much like the 2 of pentacles.. the little dog balancing on the pentacles.. it is so funny and cute! Love the cat in the 2 of wands too. Heck, I love them all. They are wonderful.

nicky

Just ran across this thread...what a wonderful deck. Keep it coming!!

Nicky

Little Hare

OMFG!!! The two of cups is the cutest :D *squish* Bunnnnys eeeeeeeeee!

Chronata

How did I miss this?

I love love love love love the Twos!

I adore each and every card in this deck.
keep it up, and this may become my perfect tarot :shhh:

Actually, seeing these inspires me. I need to go finish my deck...

lunakasha

peace_pixie said:
OMFG!!! The two of cups is the cutest :D *squish* Bunnnnys eeeeeeeeee!

*squeeeee* BUNNIES!!! :love:

I also adore the ravens in the 2 of Swords....and well, pretty much ALL of the cards to date! Can ya tell I'm a fan??? ;)

This is exciting....take your time, Erin~ this will be worth waiting for!

:) Luna

karenquilter

Love your deck! I think that "Judgment" is my favorite so far. Keep up the good work!