How is the Moon card related to romance?

mrmond

I had the Moon come up quite a few times with regards to romance. It never meant illusion/delusion or having an affair, but rather deep, subconscious desires, often repressed and sexual in nature (but not necessarily; it spoke to me once about telling the girl I was in love with about my feelings). The Moon usually spoke about fear of realising them, advised to let yourself go and act on them (unless he came up reversed, of course, which also had happened).

SekhemNefer

Fostha said:
If you need to look at a 3rd person in a marriage,then you aint happy inside out,putting it bluntly,and THATS nothing to do with the moon IMHO.
When you're with someone,you can love your partner 100%,even when there aint no passion/fun/excitement,but then thats real life,it aint always gonna be exciting anyway,but thats what real love,and a real partnership is all about.If a r/ship is all give,(and actions speak louder than words),on one side,it becomes extremely hard work,and then it will not last,as you say its when someone loses their spouse,and realise that now they're really free to live life,thats just 2 people thats been existing together,big difference between that and living and loving.Its when you're doing the simplest little thing,and you cant help but think to yourself, oh i'd love to have shared that with him/her,or just sitting and laughing together,even when times are hard,and there aint no money,its simply about working together,in an adult way,and when you're really in love with someone,you only have to look at them to feel that moon moment all over again that you're talking about,theres nothing more time wasting than being with someone who only wants to be with you for your good points,but then gets rather unpleasant with you about your bad points,you eventually lose your trust in and respect for them.Its simply better to be on your own,as no-one loves you better than yourself. Minute you start thinking about a 3rd person means the marriage is over and finished for good,even if it is disrupting,and unsettling,adult thing to do is walk away,cheats never prosper,and it solves nothing.

I think the ideal of Marriage is a Moon. It is pure fantasy of that perfect ever after. Then people get married and wake up from the dreaming. Maybe lots of people can be happy trying to adjust themselves in marriage after realizing it isn't all that is cracked up to be, but most can't.

Realistically, if most people can't keep a boyfriend or girlfriend past 1 year or two, because they want someone new, then what makes many people think that can be married for 10, 20, to 50 years with one person.

Marriage, like romance, is a Moon in regards of that people think that they are in love they can make this thing last forever. How many times people have dated folks that they truly love and can't make it last forever.

Marriage is a good concept in theory, but a bad dream in reality. The divorce rate and the rate how people cheat on each other proves that. Can't blame it on morals. The only reason people stayed faithful in the past was because religion ruled instead of democratic governments where you couldn't get a divorce no matter how miserable you were. And if you had an extra-marital affair to be with the one you truly loved, they stoned you do death for adultery.

The only reason many people stayed married, because there wasn't no other choice and even if divorce was allowed, it had a great stigma.

In reality very few people can remain monogamous for a long time and be happy with that. Marriage is a Moon in the sense that it gives you the impression that if you just find that one person to love you that love for each other will be eternal. Far from the truth for many people.

I think there is little difference between the high of a relationship and the high of people wanting to be married with those delusional romantic notions of what they think marriage can do for them.

But then again, I see marriage more of a financial arrangement with social perks. Realistically, I don't expect my spouse to love me forever and I don't expect to love him forever.That is why I am for Open Relationships. When I get married I will marry the person I enjoy being in company with the most and whom I could see myself living with them on an intimate level by starting a family together, but the romantic notion of only wanting love and have sex with one person FOREVER TIL I DIE? No way. Unrealistic idea ever.

Fostha

SekhemNefer said:
I think the ideal of Marriage is a Moon. It is pure fantasy of that perfect ever after. Then people get married and wake up from the dreaming. Maybe lots of people can be happy trying to adjust themselves in marriage after realizing it isn't all that is cracked up to be, but most can't.

Realistically, if most people can't keep a boyfriend or girlfriend past 1 year or two, because they want someone new, then what makes many people think that can be married for 10, 20, to 50 years with one person.

Marriage, like romance, is a Moon in regards of that people think that they are in love they can make this thing last forever. How many times people have dated folks that they truly love and can't make it last forever.

Marriage is a good concept in theory, but a bad dream in reality. The divorce rate and the rate how people cheat on each other proves that. Can't blame it on morals. The only reason people stayed faithful in the past was because religion ruled instead of democratic governments where you couldn't get a divorce no matter how miserable you were. And if you had an extra-marital affair to be with the one you truly loved, they stoned you do death for adultery.

The only reason many people stayed married, because there wasn't no other choice and even if divorce was allowed, it had a great stigma.

In reality very few people can remain monogamous for a long time and be happy with that. Marriage is a Moon in the sense that it gives you the impression that if you just find that one person to love you that love for each other will be eternal. Far from the truth for many people.

I think there is little difference between the high of a relationship and the high of people wanting to be married with those delusional romantic notions of what they think marriage can do for them.

But then again, I see marriage more of a financial arrangement with social perks. Realistically, I don't expect my spouse to love me forever and I don't expect to love him forever.That is why I am for Open Relationships. When I get married I will marry the person I enjoy being in company with the most and whom I could see myself living with them on an intimate level by starting a family together, but the romantic notion of only wanting love and have sex with one person FOREVER TIL I DIE? No way. Unrealistic idea ever.
Thats a very sensible attitude too,far too many young girls spend their youth dreaming of the perfect wedding day,with the works,which costs an absolute fortune,yet so many fail to think past the return from the aisle,THAT is when the real work starts.As you say,the decision to marry someone is when you're with that someoone you can really see yourself growing old with,but some people think that once they're joint in holy matrimony,this immediately gives them power over the other,when in fact it should be 50/50.It is after all a partnership.Moon may just be that illusionary fairy-tale type dream so many young girls have.Thats why i said it takes hard work,together,it aint always fun and laughter,but life isn't,and it takes 100% trust,on both sides to make any type r/ship work,married or not,and if theres the slightest reason you dont trust the other,whatever the reason,it will not,and does not work.Maybe thats another way to see the moon,sort of "truth hurts" when the other realises that for all their talk,and apologies,the marriage is over,they simply cant/wont be trusted anymore.

ncefafn

Fostha said:
Thats a very sensible attitude too,far too many young girls spend their youth dreaming of the perfect wedding day,with the works,which costs an absolute fortune,yet so many fail to think past the return from the aisle,THAT is when the real work starts.

This is why I think all women should be allowed one free wedding. Not free in the sense that it doesn't cost money, but free in the sense that once the reception -- and hell, maybe even the honeymoon -- is over, you shake hands with your "spouse" and say, "That was great. See you around." And then go your separate ways. That way, every woman gets to be the fairy-tale princess once in her life without having to pay the cost of being shackled to someone possibly entirely inappropriate until a divorce judge grants them their parole.

The Moon is just the wedding. The marriage is the entire Fool's Journey.

Teheuti

ncefafn said:
The Moon is just the wedding. The marriage is the entire Fool's Journey.
Love it! How right on!

SunChariot

finaflight said:
Has anymore here experience romance in relation to the Moon card?

The Moon xard as I understand it is about emotions and superstition. Emotions is connected to romance I understand - but I take this as kind of emotion in regards to the moon as a a kind of an scarey intense feeling.

If someone has had an experience or has read for someone that the moon card come up in romance - could you share it with me please.

Thanks
Cosmoline

The only set meaning I have for the Moon card is romance, romantic feelings, something romantic about to happen....It comes from the idea of the full moon representing romance. I do not use the meanings of superstiion, mystery or any other meaning. The only "set" meaning the card has for me is romance. So it ALWAYS means that for me.

Even once I asked about if my job, if I should quit it, and for if I did not quit I got the Moon card. I thuoght the cards were off as I had not asked a relationship question but about my job. Then of course two weeks later a man started working there who I immediately fell in love and started a romantic relationship with.

Babs

jcwirish

Thirteen said:
I think what's being asked here is why the moon, often a scary card about hallucinations, illusions, dangers, etc., would be connected with something so positive as Romance. And I think the answer given by pook and others is right on the money. I remember a friend who'd fallen in love. She talked endlessly about her boyfriend. She *gushed* about him. He was tall, handsome, an Adonis! Perfect in every way!

Well, finally, we met the guy. He was tall, kinda rolly-polly, glasses. Nice. And we all exchanged glances of disbelief and asked, "This is Adonis?" :D

When people first fall in love, when they are at their MOST romantic, they act like they're under some sort of spell. Bewitched by the light of the full moon--it's written up by the poets--poets, madmen...and those in love all go together. They're all lunatics. Willing to do crazy things, seeing the world in a totally different way from anyone else.

I mean think about it. Think of Knights on a quest killing dragons for a lady's favor, think of Romeo venturing in to the garden of his most dangerous enemies for just a LOOK at Juliet! That's the Moon in control there. Under an illusion, a magical spell, seeing the world by moonlight, acting like a lunatic. And *yes* they can very much be in danger or in a scary situation. They aren't thinking or seeing things clearly. But in the best of circumstances, they are also feeling a magic that parts veils and gives them a most rare, emotional power. Sooner or later, they'll see their lover as a person, not as an ideal...but if they don't lose the power of romance entirely, the union will be forever enchanted.

And everyone else, there in clear, rational daylight, stares at the Romantic and shakes their heads and wonders..."What does he see in her?" Such is the power of the Moon.

I love this. Thirteen you have a way of explaining things that is so wonderful. I've been with my guy for 20 years, but I can still remember how I saw him as 'perfect' at first. I was so into him, he could have picked his nose and I would have thought it was charming. I was seriously under the Moon's spell. Now, I pick up his underwear and wonder why he always leaves toothpaste in the sink, but I still love him.

Nova

Ahh to be "18" again

Fostha said:
Thats a very sensible attitude too,far too many young girls spend their youth dreaming of the perfect wedding day,with the works,which costs an absolute fortune,yet so many fail to think past the return from the aisle,THAT is when the real work starts.As you say,the decision to marry someone is when you're with that someoone you can really see yourself growing old with,but some people think that once they're joint in holy matrimony,this immediately gives them power over the other,when in fact it should be 50/50.It is after all a partnership.Moon may just be that illusionary fairy-tale type dream so many young girls have.Thats why i said it takes hard work,together,it aint always fun and laughter,but life isn't,and it takes 100% trust,on both sides to make any type r/ship work,married or not,and if theres the slightest reason you dont trust the other,whatever the reason,it will not,and does not work.Maybe thats another way to see the moon,sort of "truth hurts" when the other realises that for all their talk,and apologies,the marriage is over,they simply cant/wont be trusted anymore.

Thank you Fostha, your timing is excellent. (song here: Someone saved Someone saved my Life tonight--Elton John)
My boyfriend did something in November that I can't get over, I can't pull up the plane that's in a spiral nose dive. He is 50 and wants to be 18 again I think, Im in my forties and I love my age. We began in a "moon" relationship like so many described here, I've been reading and enjoying everyone's input. Mine is over, but that's ok. I do love myself (and I'm ok with that)

When I do readings for young teens who wish they were 18 and the freedoms of mobility they immagine come with it, their love and fancys are often inside 18. From their viewpoint, 18 will be a wonderful time. They imagine that they will have a car and won't have to worry about what their parents say. Negatively though, [18] card for them can mean the love sick depression that can come with it. If you remember being [18] it was surely Gut-wrenching. Love sickness is so physical sometimes.

I totally see [18] for the wedding and the "Honey Mooners" but also the sleepless nights and the stressors that weddings bring along with the crazy relatives who show their goofy side once they've had too many at the reception.

For us once in a blue moon cougars ? (any admit?) I agree that [18] card reflects that situation so well. I really like the Gothic Tarot example provided by caridwen. Yes society does finally wear a ten or so years-gap down as clbzkl explained so very well.

Grizabella actually mentioned "conception" which is extra ordinary for me. I recently pulled this in an "incoming" position for my self on a first - use of my new Da Vinci Enigma cards (I find them positively accurate, I don't care what anybody says) Their [18] is indeed Conception and my first reaction was HELL no....LOL (had 5... no more, its grandbaby time)

I think that for me this is an offing time of both a new and scary time for me as well as a time when I had better watch out for the depression that threatens.

Here's a bio-fact that I see now with "conception" in the Da Vinci Enigma set.
When I was young I lived along the Florida coast. The sea turtle mommas must lay their eggs on the beach by the light of the moon. It is cool and secretive (safe from seagulls and privacy invaders) and yet it will tell them where the sun will beat down and incubate their eggs' pit. Many many bright white eggs are layed down in this 2 feet pits and then covered over to cook but not too hot in the Florida sun. Unfortunately artificial lamp posts installed in the 60s, 70s, etc. have thrown their ancient accuracy off and this did indeed help devistate the sea turtles' population. But what I marvelled at as a child watching them in our small and respectful on-lookers groups was how she would toil and toil and go back to the sea exhausted, knowing that only a few will make it, and knowing that she might never actually see her offspring, all was hope, the plan, the dream, that they would mature. If you could hear her exausted exhaling you'd understand how hard she had to work for ...(what would an animal immagine?) a possibility.

Thank you for keeping this post long enough for me to read it on-ready and add my experience

Teheuti

The Moon card in The William Blake Tarot of the Creative Imagination is very interesting in terms of romance - featuring a romantic couple who are unaware of the ominous presence of evil fiends. They see only each other's beauty and what they are creating together:
http://marygreer.wordpress.com/files/2009/11/blake-moon037.jpg

Ed Buryn writes (based on the ideas of Blake): "In the card a family of pilgrims stands beside a moonlit bay, endangered by a pair of fiends hidden in the darkness. This scene is Blake's realm of Beulah, ruled by Luvah and the emotions, a state of spiritual repose, artistic creativity and open sexuality. Beulah, a place of perpetual night illuminated by the moon, specifically represents the dream world in which contraries such as peace and danger are equally true—a description of the subconscious mind. . . . The figures lurking in the shadows behind the rock beneath the Druidic oak are the enemies of intuition, the twin fiends of reason and morality . . . which are the gods and religions of this world. Their furry garb and primitive nature show that they also represent the personal fears, nightmares, psychological shadows and dark emotions within one's own mind, which are encountered at this stage of the journey. . . . [The child] symbolizes the human ability to evolve from brutishness into innocence through the transformative power of dreaming."

I think this card represents quite well the various sides of this discussion.

ainsorii

I stumbled upon this thread when researching about the Moon in love as I did a quick 3 card spread because, being the Cardinal Grand cross, I am being a bit open and honest and derailing with that feeling of myself about my longing and desperation to fall in love. There, I said it *trying not to be ashamed*.

I asked the question "When will I meet him?" and the Moon card presented herself. My first thought was what? That isn't a right answer..., but after reading this thread it appears that maybe the timing may be the luna cycle. Oh how wonderful that would be. Oh how disappointing it would be if it was the other end of the illusion of a partner, therefor disillusion in life.

The "where will he be?" asked next was the Knight of Wands- about to look into this, followed by "What does he look like?"- The Star.

I hopefully may have some delightful news soon, and if I do I will share here x