Storing multiple decks

avalonian

Mine are kept in bookcases and on top of bookcases, in my bedroom and in the living room, but are always overflowing, some in bags and some still in their boxes. And there's always at least one in my handbag at any time.

I have, as of today, a lovely chest of drawers waiting to be assembled, when it is it will be time for a complete reorganisation! It's either that or move to a larger house!

Queen of Disks

Mine are piled up on my bookshelves, and the ones I am using are on my nightstand. (Organized, I am not.)

One thing I have found is that Tarot Decks are like yarn (and probably other things): No matter how many decks you have, there is always someone who has more then you!

thorhammer

Queen of Disks said:
One thing I have found is that Tarot Decks are like yarn (and probably other things): No matter how many decks you have, there is always someone who has more then you!
Also like yarn, no matter how hard you try and organise them, there will always be a stray, an independent, a "find" just when you didn't expect it.

Mine are scattered between my not-yet-moved-into study and my dining table, which doubles as a study table and computer desk for now.

And the floor of the living room.

And my work backpack.

And my bedside table.

And I think that's it. So far }).

\m/ Kat

gregory

I have too many not to organise them. I feel sure one of those thread links will be the one with my pix of my storage in. And I have a database so I can FIND them :D

rwcarter

gregory said:
I have too many not to organise them. I feel sure one of those thread links will be the one with my pix of my storage in. And I have a database so I can FIND them :D
I did some digging cause I was really curious. That post is here.

All I can say is I wanna be gregory's new bestest friend in the whole wide world so I can hang out at HER place and play to my heart's content! :)

Rodney

Emily

I have had a complete clear out and moved all of my tarot decks, apart from the Liber T, into storage - I'm so focused on the Liber T and I realised that my deck collection was just about overtaking my dining room bookcase and was looking too messy.

Thing was I had no other place to store them so I went out to a DIY superstore and managed to find sets of plastic boxes with lids that fasten on, I had two of these boxes so now my collection sits nice and safe in a cupboard upstairs but still within reach if I need to get a deck out. :)

SolSionnach

Most of my "collection" decks are in a drawer in my antique secretary. It has a glassed in display shelf, and my super-special Italian decks are displayed there.
My working decks are in a bookcase in my bedroom, along with all the "shelf" box decks and books from deck/book sets.

Zombina

Since I only have two decks at the moment, I usually keep my mini tarot deck in my bag and take it with me everywhere. The other sits by my computer desk on a little shelf.

Once I start getting more decks, and a decent book case, I'll probably store them there.

.traveller.

Mine (tarot and oracles) are in a small painted trunk that sits on the floor in my bedroom, except for two that live next to my computer and the five or six that live in a wicker box on my reading table.

Oh, and there is one in the pocket of my coat :D

missycab

I have mine in a 2 small shelves. The bottom one has books (on tarot) my 2 journals, and some decks. On the top shelf I have a small box (of candies), that is a bit torn (I should find a new one) with some oracles (because there is a collection of oracles going on here, so I have a few ones... some of them aren't convincing me, so I may trade them), and above that box, I have my Fey and the Jane Austen tarot (this one in a lovely bag, courtesy of Mrs. A. Nonny Mouse, as well as the deck!). During my holidays I'll arrange things a bit more.