Labradorite : Depressing ?

samantha

The first time i held labradorite, i got a lump in my throat and found myself holding back tears. Eventually i let them flow, i have found this stone releases blocked emotions, if you have repressed stuff, it will try to come up. Ohhh boy the path that followed was a very emotional but also a very very healing one. I now have a very large piece, the size of my palm, and can now feel peace and serenity when i hold it. Its now my favourite stone. Its a deep emotional healer, well, that was my experience anyway.

Thats an amazing story. Ive never had such a strong reaction to any stones (possitive or negative) Labradorite is the only one that I *notice* specifically. Having read your post it makes me wonder whether there isn't something I need to work through here- with the stone- but am less than keen to embrace. Did you stumble on this stone by accident ? Or did it seem to turn up during a time when you really needed it ?

queenxofxwands

Thats an amazing story. Ive never had such a strong reaction to any stones (possitive or negative) Labradorite is the only one that I *notice* specifically. Having read your post it makes me wonder whether there isn't something I need to work through here- with the stone- but am less than keen to embrace. Did you stumble on this stone by accident ? Or did it seem to turn up during a time when you really needed it ?

Firstly, i think working through any heavy stuff is something no one is keen on, because it is well, heavy! Which lends a kind of foreboding mood to it.I was actually at at crystal workshop, ( so everyone saw me lose it which was kind of embarrassing lol )and we each got 7 stones, but this one i couldnt put down. I would have to say, it came at a time when i was ready to take that journey, i needed it alright, i just didnt know it, if that makes sense. Id never even heard of the stone before that day. I think its gentleness and beauty is a reminder that these things exist in us, and it tries to touch us there, so if we've been hurt and are holding on to it, its like an intimate friend looking deep into your eyes and saying, i understand you, and id love to help you, but i will never push you, just know that you are loved, and i support your healing process, however long it takes. I dont know about you, but when im unhappy, and im trying to hold it in, and a friend says something kind, it makes me want to cry. On another note as to why i needed it, it is apparently a stone that heals holes in the aura, which allows attachments, and i found this very useful when going into places like shopping complexes, because i would always come away feeling negative and drained, which i realised was because i was so open, and was basically picking up everyone elses crap. I would often get home and have to lay down. This stone, really worked well for me in that regard. I took it everywhere for a couple of years. Its an emotional and spiritual healer, and if you have emotional pain, it will help to heal that first, which in turn makes your spirit lift. It doesnt heal you just by holding it, thats not what im getting at, but it makes you aware that you need healing, and the best way to go about that for you. I found that once i decided to start, things were just presented to me in a way that were often times miraculous, this stones connection to higher beings in the spirit world, whatever you want to call them, has been very true in my experience. Its a very powerful protective stone, and brings you closer to those who guide you in the spirit world. I felt the presence of these beings on a number of occasions, when i needed extra support, and i received really specific guidance. I could go on and on, because this is the one stone that truly moved me, on a deep level. When i first came in contact with it, i had suffered from depression for most of my life. I learned that this was caused by my repressing emotions. for example, if you go up to a chair with a cushion on it, and you hold it down, what does it cause? It causes a depression. When you stop holding it down, it bounces back. :)

Hemera

What a lovely story! Thank you for sharing queenxofxwands:love:

I have used the sparkly blue variety of Labradorite (also called Spectrolite) and I only have good things to say about it. It helped me a lot during a difficult period in my teens when my parents were divorcing etc. I wore it in a ring and just looking at it helped me get through the day. I think you describe it so well queenxofxwands. It is a trusted friend and a healer. It never made me want to cry though but just made me feel more grounded and strong.

Padma

When i first came in contact with it, i had suffered from depression for most of my life. I learned that this was caused by my repressing emotions. for example, if you go up to a chair with a cushion on it, and you hold it down, what does it cause? It causes a depression. When you stop holding it down, it bounces back. :)

Q of Wands, I loved that! What a perfect way to describe depression - something I suffer from as well - and you are right! Thank you for this excellent and insightful conclusion to your lovely experience. It made me see depression in a very different way! :) It really IS a case of holding oneself in and back...(I am currently thankfully depression-free...and I love my Labradorite too :) )

Kristyjnh

Labradorite - The Tearjerker

I recently had a similar experience with Labradorite. I was drawn to it, and got a couple palm stones and a necklace. After cleansing and charging them, I put one of the palm stones under my pillow, and wore the necklace everyday for about a week or week-and-a-half. I ended up having to remove it because it made me so emotional. I was constantly at the brink of tears, and things that normally wouldn't bother me had me sobbing.

I will admit that I tend to ignore my feelings, because I don't like being emotional, so I sometimes have a habit of shoving them down into that dark place inside. I think the Labradorite forced those emotions out, but not with the right triggers.

Every once in a while, I think I'll try to use some to clear out that emotional pit a little, but it probably won't be too often, because crying all the time is so draining. Or maybe I should try pairing it with a different stone to temper it's effects a little.

Hemera

Oh, this is interesting because just last week I bought a blue Labradorite (=Spectrolite) pendant. Mine is like the one in the picture but set in silver. I have not worn it yet because I need to get a nice chain for it. I associate this crystal to the Dark Goddesses, especially Hekate.
What color is your Labradorite?

Attachments

• Spectrolite.jpg
    Spectrolite.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 204

Kristyjnh

The necklace I was wearing had a gold sheen, no other colors, and the palm stone I had had a rainbow, the largest portion being blue. They both blow me away with how pretty the color is. It was one of the things that drew me to Labradorite in the first place.

danieljuk

how weird this old thread updated, maybe a destined thing and fits me currently exactly!
Lotus suggested I get some Labradorite and I have it as a bracelet. its quite a light form of the stone. I have really had an emotional release over the past couple of months and things coming out. I wasn't sure why it was happening but forgot about the gem stone! I use it for grounding with anxiety and depression.

I have worn stones which have given me much more nasty effects, this is just a "release" but it's very interesting :) I still wear it everyday!

Padma

It's such a peaceful, soothing and loving stone to wear...when I wear mine, I feel so calm, and yet joyful. Like any stone, I suppose that it has a different effect for everyone who wears it :)

Hemera, your pendant sounds lovely, and I was very interested in your association of it to Hecate. But as all moonstone is basically Labradorite, or feldspar anyways, I can easily associate Labradorite to the moon goddesses. :)

Danieljuk, so glad you have found release and relief from your stone! :heart:

November's Dawn

I love Labradorite and he is actually my number one stone :) I felt attraction to it's colors but I never had bad experience with it only good.