Hot Flash Help

shelikes2read

Do a google for "evaporative cooling towels". I have a few of those now. I do not get hot flashes (yet, but as I'm pushing 50, I suspect those days will be arriving sooner rather than later). But I do take a medicine that can cause whole-body heat and flushing an hour or two after it's taken. I have had some success with using a cooling towel to feel better. One is called Chilly Towel, and I think another is called CoolGear.

The towel is made of a material that holds moisture really well after it's been wet, and as it gradually evaporates, the towel gets VERY cool to the touch. I also use one at the gym, to help ward off overheating when I'm doing cardio exercises. I drape it over the back of my neck, and if my body heat warms it up, I remove it and shake it for several seconds, and it cools right back off.

Your mom might want to have a word with her doctor about the menopause symptoms, in case there are some additional ways to ward off the unwanted side effects of The Change.

On the crystal side, I keep remembering that moonstone is a very feminine stone. I will have to look up if its uses include relief for female-reproductive-system symptoms.

I hope your mom feels better ASAP!

Padma

Apparently an egg-shaped moonstone works very well, or so I read this morning!

Tobaira

Oh, my! Evaporative cooling towels! I've never heard of those before! I'll have to check those out. I ordered some moonstone for Mom, but it's only a set of tumbles. I didn't realize shape would make a difference. Very interesting! If she finds some relief with the tumbles, I'll see about getting her an egg. Thank you, Lotus Padma and Shelikes2read!

Padma

Oh, my! Evaporative cooling towels! I've never heard of those before! I'll have to check those out. I ordered some moonstone for Mom, but it's only a set of tumbles. I didn't realize shape would make a difference. Very interesting! If she finds some relief with the tumbles, I'll see about getting her an egg. Thank you, Lotus Padma and Shelikes2read!

Tobaira, may your mother find relief :love: and you are a really good daughter! :heart:

Hemera

Oh, my! Evaporative cooling towels! I've never heard of those before! I'll have to check those out.
Regular small towels work well,too. You just wring them so dry that water won´t drip anywhere. I used to keep mine on a plastic tray next to my bed.

Tobaira

Just an update

I'm so happy, I can't see straight! I gave Mom her moonstone and rose quartz last night, and she hasn't had a hot flash since! This is the longest she has gone without flashing since her "personal summers" began a year ago. Prior to meeting her crystals, Mom would have multiple flashes an hour.

Additionally, Mom had back surgery a year ago and has been in pain ever since. She hasn't been able to walk upright for the past couple of months. So I also gave her some amethyst last night to try to help with this. Not only has her pain level significantly been reduced, she is standing straight!!

Thank you all so very much! Words simply cannot adequately express my gratitude. You have helped bring her the relief she hasn't been able to get from doctors and modern medicine. From a daughter's perspective, this is priceless. Thank you!

Padma

Tobaira, that is wonderful news, indeed! :love: I am so glad you let us know. Your mother seems very open to the crystals! That's great. She must be hugely relieved!

Myself I carry black tourmaline in my pants pocket for relief of lower back pain and sciatica, works a treat! ;)

Tobaira

Black tourmaline is on the way! I should be receiving an order of that in either today's mail or tomorrow's. More gifts for Mom. Your teaching is taking root, Lotus Padma!

Padma

Lol...thanks for your kind words, Tobaira :heart: it is not my teaching, it is just what is :)

The black tourmaline is a great stone for making one feel happy just in general! Which is odd, because it is black and looks like ridged charcoal, lol! A lovely stone for staying grounded and for dealing with root chakra issues. I hope your mother enjoys using it!

Just remind mom to occasionally cleanse the stones and recharge them :)
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=138095

Queen Hippolyta

Two words: black cohosh.