UNDER THE ROSES US GAMES ED

greatdane

I saw a youtube video by Inner Whispers on Under the Roses, but it had keywords. I don't really want keywords on a deck. Does anyone have the US Games version that LOOKS like it doesn't have the keywords on the deck? Thanks for any feedback and would love to know your thoughts on the deck, especially the US Games version.

magpie9

I have the US Games version. It does have the keywords, but they are printed so faintly that I didn't even notice them the first few times I used it. They are very hard to read, almost not there and easily un-noticed. Overall, they did a good job on the deck.

greatdane

Thanks Magpie

From what I read on Amazon, the keywords were in the LWB and when I did an IMAGE check online, one group came up with NO keywords, just clearly titles and the end of the card. So I found THAT confusing. I thought that the US Games version just removed the keywords. I don't do keywords on decks. It just takes up space to me. THANKS for your feedback, Magpie. Reading reviews, it didn't mention keywords on the actual cards either on Amazon or what I say on US Games.

greatdane

Magpie9 I just pulled it up on the DECKS section here

WHERE are the keywords? I'm wondering if there is another edition?? I read the review and it said the keywords were worked into...the imagery....??? I see there were three editions plus a mini. The first two are oop. Sounds like the one I would have wanted was the second minus any keywords. I'm wondering why US GAMES bothered putting in keywords if people have trouble even seeing them?

magpie9

They are incredibly faint. You really can't actually read them, just a design element in the background. I don't think they'll bother you at all if you get the deck. The reviewers probably just didn't notice them. Really.

magpie9

The keywords are on the un-illustrated backgrounds, behind the main figure on the card. Looks like a faint decorative tracery, scattered about.

greatdane

THANKS MAGPIE9!

Makes me wonder why they are even there then. It's like when I know something is there, subconsciously I want to look for it lol.

magpie9

I looked at the scans here, and that's what I've got. If you look really really hard you can see the writing on the background on the gentleman card....and possibly on the path on the crossroads card.As keywords they're a dead loss, since you really can't read them.
Weird of US Games to do this.

greatdane

lol so basically it's kind of like Where's Waldo?

OK I don't get it. I don't get the point, but good to know they're not intrusive. I wonder who's great idea it was to go let's put keywords in so people can try to strain IF they want to read them. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Well, that's a first for me. Keywords that you can't really see. OH it's like at Hogwarts! Maybe you need a special map or cloak or glitter or something.

greatdane

Ah ok I see it in the background....

And don't like it. Will be skipping this one now that I notice it, I can't unnotice it. It's like playing card inserts on the top of Lenormands. I don't want to have to ignore something. THANKS MAGPIE9. I was wondering why no one was mentioning in reviews on Amazon.

Maybe some day I will find an ATer who has the one with no keywords who doesn't want it.