UNDER THE ROSES US GAMES ED

greatdane

YAY EMPRESSARWEN!

Mine are sitting next to me as I type. I have a reading table next to my computer table.
I DO really enjoy this deck. I also like the size just fine.

claire1805

Just received both Under the Rose Lenormand (and the French Cartomancy) in the mail today and I have to say, this deck is simply adorable. There is a Victorian feel to it, a deck with an old soul indeed. I haven't read with it yet, but I am looking forward to using it... I really like my Lenormand cards as small as possible, so the size of the deck is definitely a pleasant surprise.

I store the deck in a plastic wrap since packaging seems too tight, and I am afraid I would dent the edges by constantly taking it in and out of the box. I do wish the box could be slightly wider though, but that's just a personal preference since I store most of my decks in their original packaging.

Where do you store your Under the Roses Lenormand deck?

greatdane

My Under The Roses deck is getting a custom case!

Madame Squee is doing a fabulous custom case of red roses overlaid on more red roses for this lovely deck. For me, cases are the only way to go, they line up beautifully next to my monitor when I'm reading. And custom cases, well, doesn't get any better for me than dressing up my decks in custom frocks! :) GLAD you got your deck, Claire! And you're right about boxes, the wear and tear. Silky smooth lining of cases keeps decks in such great shape.

Linfang

Ordered mine yesterday after much mulling over it. Hope the faint key words won't be distracting.

greatdane

Lin fang, that was MY biggest concern

And I don't even notice or "see" them. If you're just laying the cards out, I doubt you will notice at all. Unless you're farsighted, MAYBE. I'm nearsighted, read without glasses, and I don't put the cards up to my face, I can see them fine about 20 inches away on my reading table. I would like to know what YOU think when you get them, if you even see them.

Glass Owl

I can barely see the key words. In fact, if no one here had mentioned them, I doubt I would have even noticed them. They sort of blur together so they look like a pattern and they are very faint.

Linfang

Yes, you're right, they are barely noticeable. In fact, I like the faint writing, give the cards some spooky edge. The muted colors are beautiful, the card stock shuffles well and the size is perfect. Some cards I don't like too much, both child cards, the ring, the snake. But they are outweighed by the ones I find really well done, e.g. the sun, the owls, the stars, the fish... and especially the backs. All in all, I do not regret getting this deck. Will take it on my next holiday and hope to spend some good time with it.

greatdane

Looks like a slightly cloudy background to me

I agree with you both. Looking at them on my reading table, love how it all blends.
This is one of those decks that I think of as a GREAT deal for the money!

Linfang

That's true, I got it for ten Euro, that's a deal-breaker. I really love self-made decks selling directly from the artist, but these usually involve pricey shipping plus import tax not counting the long time waiting and fretting till they finally arrive.

Especially nice mass-market Lennies are hard to find, so thank you USG for this one. I hope there are some more to come.

Miss Divine

I'm looking forward to receiving this deck. It looks wonderful! This deck isn't busy, which is what I also like about this deck.