The Book - what the...?

EmpressArwen

I am very new to Lenormand so any help here would be great.

What are some of the meanings for The Book that I might not have read about?

The Book - learning, information, a book, education...possibly secrets.

Anything else?

I was just asking quick questions and pulling one card..shuffling well between each question.

What is going to happen with my job? - The Book

What is going to happen with my husbands interview? - The Book

What is going to happen with my marriage? - The Book

What is my mom's flight home going to be like? - The Book

What the heck?! Why is this card stalking me? So confused.

Amanda

Did you only pull one card for each question that you asked? If so, I recommend that you pull at least 3 Lenormand cards for each question that you ask. These cards are not as... malleable... with their meaning as tarot is. They are much more straight-shooting, and pulling at least 3 cards would be more like putting short words together to form a small sentence.

In terms of the Book, I think you have a pretty good understanding of what it can mean by the words that you chose. A lot of times, it will help to know which way the binding and opening of the book faces... for instance, if you had Book + Anchor (where the opening of the Book was facing the Anchor) it would literally say: "Learning Work" which would indicate some kind of orientation or training for a job, perhaps.

EmpressArwen

Did you only pull one card for each question that you asked? If so, I recommend that you pull at least 3 Lenormand cards for each question that you ask. These cards are not as... malleable... with their meaning as tarot is. They are much more straight-shooting, and pulling at least 3 cards would be more like putting short words together to form a small sentence.

In terms of the Book, I think you have a pretty good understanding of what it can mean by the words that you chose. A lot of times, it will help to know which way the binding and opening of the book faces... for instance, if you had Book + Anchor (where the opening of the Book was facing the Anchor) it would literally say: "Learning Work" which would indicate some kind of orientation or training for a job, perhaps.

Yes, I only pulled one card. I was just kind of messing around and asked the first question....then asked the second and got the same answer...so asked two more just to see and got the same card again!

I see what you are saying about the combinations. I will do that next time. So really without the combo, its impossible to say what the book could be pointing to in each scenario?

Amanda

Yes, I only pulled one card. I was just kind of messing around and asked the first question....then asked the second and got the same answer...so asked two more just to see and got the same card again!

I see what you are saying about the combinations. I will do that next time. So really without the combo, its impossible to say what the book could be pointing to in each scenario?

Yes, I would say the Book especially is more difficult to decipher alone... the Sun or the Key alone could give you a 'Yes' answer, while the Cross or Scythe alone may indicate 'No' for instance. But definitely, more is more with Lenormand and it will help you to string together some understanding with more than one card. I would say 3 is probably best to start with. Lines of 5 are also good if you are just asking a simple question but you feel like getting a little fancier... then you can do larger spreads (Weekly or Monthly Squares of 9 for instance) as you become more practiced and want to take on more.

conurelover

I usually interpret the book as information that I do not yet know and that I will have to learn or decipher/discover. So I agree with the above comment about "learning work."

Village Witch

I once pulled the book in a three-card spread that indicated the client was a bookie. She wasn't happy that I revealed that.

The Book can also represent accounting, ledgers, or even diaries. While discovery falls under the Book, so also does the unknown. Book can represent seeking answers and not always finding what you hope to find.

Lenormand does not lend itself to one card interpretations as does the Tarot. Lenormand interpretations are based on card combinations. For simple questions, I draw a minimum of three cards. For more detail, I draw a 5-7 card spreads or a 9X9 spread.

Teheuti

I was just asking quick questions and pulling one card..shuffling well between each question.

What is going to happen with my job? - The Book

What is going to happen with my husbands interview? - The Book

What is going to happen with my marriage? - The Book

What is my mom's flight home going to be like? - The Book

What the heck?! Why is this card stalking me? So confused.
I think the deck is being humorous.
Answers:
- Unknown.
- Unknown.
- Unknown.
- Unknown.

The original title for the card was Zauberbuch, which means Magic Book or Grimoire. It refers to things that are kept secret. Caution and thoughtfulness are necessary if revealing these matters.