house + ring, help!

MissNine

Dang it! So sorry! Yes I meant "understand". Ugh text predict!

Oh whoops! Now I see what Padma and dan put. Now I see what was asked! I get it now.

MissNine

Ok so it's looking - with your added - input to be about a looping issue related to the home you need to make a decision on.

Yes, decision is one meaning for the scythe. It's usually a decisio that will have some finality. But with clouds and ring on either side, it's surrounded by looping issues and uncertainty.

Yes, I read clouds as passing situation of confusion. Clouds should clear up quickly, so make sure you don't make any irrational decisions on it until you are more certain and have more information.

And also...with house and anchor.. Anchor shows this decision will have deep affects and affect your long term situation.

Sounds like this claim would be significant for you and take your energy, so it's a significant decision vs "should I get 2% milk or while milk?"

Padma

But wouldn't mice have turned up, for "hamster thoughts"?

I want to get to the point where I can make a sentence of what's in front of me, but so far I always come up blank. It was this "grammar" aspect that attracted me to the Lenormand method.

Ring can be things going round and round and round. Circular thought patterns.

Eventually, going a pair at a time, you can build your phrase :)

BTW, House and Ring can also be a contract in regard to a house, so if there were workmen contracted to do a job, that would suit!

MandMaud

Dang it! So sorry! Yes I meant "understand". Ugh text predict!

Oh whoops! Now I see what Padma and dan put. Now I see what was asked! I get it now.
When I went back to make the question clear, I saw how UNclear it was... can't believe I'm making things so muddly when I write... :eek: Sorry everyone!

Ok so it's looking - with your added - input to be about a looping issue related to the home you need to make a decision on.

Yes, decision is one meaning for the scythe. It's usually a decisio that will have some finality. But with clouds and ring on either side, it's surrounded by looping issues and uncertainty.
Well, the decision is the next step, this task was sorting out the information first... but being *decisive* about that is also necessary and I did need the cards to remind me it's necessary!

Yes, I read clouds as passing situation of confusion. Clouds should clear up quickly, so make sure you don't make any irrational decisions on it until you are more certain and have more information.

And also...with house and anchor.. Anchor shows this decision will have deep affects and affect your long term situation.

Sounds like this claim would be significant for you and take your energy, so it's a significant decision vs "should I get 2% milk or while milk?"
Yes, absolutely. I originally decided not to go ahead but have found I'm left with more expenses than I thought, so to put it all right, I need to pursue the tradesman who did the job originally. I can't believe I'd lose, because they didn't fulfil their contract (and I paid them in full), so financially it's worth it, but it's a really big project to take on. I still may choose not to, and take the financial hit instead - keeping the moral high ground but not the money. ;)

Generally paperwork is a big deal for me because I have some issues - attention, something like that (A.D.D. ????) - so at the moment, I'll just be glad if I can get the papers in enough order that I know what I'm doing!

monisina

How would you read house + ring?

The other way round, ring + house, I'd say commitment to family or some kind of relationship or partnership at home, or the contract for a house purchase. But I was looking at reasons/causes for how a task would go, and it was house + ring.

My best guess is staying at home because of a commitment/agreement, but this doesn't feel right. Or going round in circles at home (this task has been hanging over me).

Hindsight on this reading hasn't helped at all!
The whole reading:
house ring scythe clouds anchor

For scythe, all that happened is that I made less progress than hoped because I got distracted by other necessary tasks. Nothing dangerous, nothing sudden or painful... didn't even use scissors. ;) In the past I have had scythe mean a quarrel, but we didn't argue. I'd expect mountain for the delay, the task being put off yet again.

and I took house + ring as cause/before, clouds + anchor as results/after.

An attempt at mirroring:
house/anchor, I will feel secure when the household stuff is sorted OR family is the only thing that feels safe;
ring/clouds, I'm committed to being confused? I'm confused about what to commit to?

I assumed the anchor is about the security I'll have once this task is done.

As for making a single sentence from the five cards in order, a narrative - I can't do that at all.

House+Ring = to feel secure or real estate contract

I have the question for all you writing in this thread: I know that the decision is connected with the card Crossroad. But with Scythe? I think it is more connected to
1. cutting something - a sharp side of Scythe or
2. something happens suddenly/unexpectedly - blade side of Scythe
What is a difference between Scythe and Crossroad?

Lee

I have the question for all you writing in this thread: I know that the decision is connected with the card Crossroad. But with Scythe? I think it is more connected to
1. cutting something - a sharp side of Scythe or
2. something happens suddenly/unexpectedly - blade side of Scythe
What is a difference between Scythe and Crossroad?
I think Scythe as decision would be a decision involving an action which swiftly cuts off other options, or a decisive action. A decision to leave a situation immediately and never return would be Scythe.

Crossroads is more that you're presented with a choice and there's a decision to be made (i.e. standing at a crossroads).

Most simply put, you could see the Crossroads as meaning there's a choice to be made, while the Scythe represents the making of the choice.

danieljuk

Sorry Maud, I fell asleep last night!
thanks for specifying the question and to Padma :heart:. I read through it many times and it was so hidden :)

this is my take on it....

reasons/causes for how a task would go?

Well I don't do the reading style with the one sentence and the different parts, my method is quite flexible and just interpreting the combos like a story!

In this spread you have Scythe in the centre and so that is the core of the reading for me. The first card which is the trigger for the reading is House. I would say that your ask is something to do with clearing your house or decluttering. That is your task, getting rid of something in the home. It's possible it could also be about selling your house or ending a lease and moving to a new place but I think it's about cutting away the old at home!

House + Ring - the combo that is tricky for you. I think things with the ring which are not about love are about a contract or a commitment. You need to make a commitment to get rid of something in the past. This is why I think it's decluttering.

Ring + Scythe - there is a real threat you will give up or end the commitment on the house. Perhaps you will get unmotivated or find it too boring, difficult.

Scythe + Clouds - the mindset could be the problem here. the smallest problem you face doing your tasks might make you give up.

Clouds + Anchor - this combo is about the way you work, the situation or the system. It might be a battle of stability or staying in one place working. The Anchor might feel like you are chained down to do this!

I think this is about clearing something or getting rid of things from your home in some way. I have real problems decluttering and getting rid of the old. I cannot do 3 hours sitting there doing it! I recommend little periods like 15 mins a day. Short periods and make a commitment! This is the problematic part of your task, committing and doing. You might also be battling the mind and issues of stability (been there!). Make a commitment for a short amount of time, if you just do 5 mins that is still successful. It looks like from this spread though it will be a bit of a personal battle! :heart: what are the benefits of doing this task? You need to work towards the positives and find the right mindset for this! xx

MandMaud

Most simply put, you could see the Crossroads as meaning there's a choice to be made, while the Scythe represents the making of the choice.

Good question from monisina - and I'm chuffed that having been made to think about this, my guess was the same as you say, Lee. :)

MandMaud

Sorry Maud, I fell asleep last night!
LOL, you're supposed to be asleep at night. :D
No worries!

thanks for specifying the question and to Padma :heart:. I read through it many times and it was so hidden :)

this is my take on it....

reasons/causes for how a task would go?

Well I don't do the reading style with the one sentence and the different parts, my method is quite flexible and just interpreting the combos like a story!

In this spread you have Scythe in the centre and so that is the core of the reading for me. The first card which is the trigger for the reading is House. I would say that your ask is something to do with clearing your house or decluttering. That is your task, getting rid of something in the home. It's possible it could also be about selling your house or ending a lease and moving to a new place but I think it's about cutting away the old at home!

Thinking of the first as the trigger is a good way, at least it makes sense to me. (I don't know yet whether i do the one sentence thing, I'm trying everything I hear of, still finding which is "my" way.)

Cutting away the old is indeed very relevant, very much at the front of my mind and these days.

House + Ring - the combo that is tricky for you. I think things with the ring which are not about love are about a contract or a commitment. You need to make a commitment to get rid of something in the past. This is why I think it's decluttering.
Is the past associated with house, generally? I know some cards have past or future, time or age, long or short time, etc...

Do you mean that this pair can be read as a commitment to do with the past?

Ring + Scythe - there is a real threat you will give up or end the commitment on the house. Perhaps you will get unmotivated or find it too boring, difficult.
I seem to be teetering on that. As if I almost have given up anyway, although my intention is NOT to give up - as if my inner self has given up... if I'm making sense! This part being in the middle of the row would go with finding this state of mind in the present, correct?

Scythe + Clouds - the mindset could be the problem here. the smallest problem you face doing your tasks might make you give up.
Hm. Or maybe being decisive does not have a "real" basis but a "cloudy" one? I keep thinking that I need to be utterly sure of why this needs doing, almost as if I daren't take action because it's the wrong thing to be doing. Which contradicts the facts, but it's a feeling underneath. Would that work for scythe + clouds?

Clouds + Anchor - this combo is about the way you work, the situation or the system. It might be a battle of stability or staying in one place working. The Anchor might feel like you are chained down to do this!
It does feel a bit like that, a bit of a ball n chain. I try to use that to spur me to get on with it faster. :)

And until there's more progress, I haven't got a proper place to do everyday things such as filing, computer work, etc. So the cloudiness is about the security feeling... ?? :)

I think this is about clearing something or getting rid of things from your home in some way. I have real problems decluttering and getting rid of the old. I cannot do 3 hours sitting there doing it! I recommend little periods like 15 mins a day. Short periods and make a commitment! This is the problematic part of your task, committing and doing. You might also be battling the mind and issues of stability (been there!). Make a commitment for a short amount of time, if you just do 5 mins that is still successful. It looks like from this spread though it will be a bit of a personal battle! :heart: what are the benefits of doing this task? You need to work towards the positives and find the right mindset for this! xx

You have drawn out things I didn't realise were a problem. I would say I made the commitment quite a long time ago, but responding to your thoughts has made me realise that my *emotions* are the opposite.

I heard somewhere that clutter is a defence. Like armour. Mine also keeps me from stepping into the next chapter, the "grown-up" world of making my various Grand Plans begin to come true. While I hate the house in this state, it has become familiar and therefore safe.

There are also lots of issues around the 15-minute "baby steps" thing... I'm pretty good at that way of working, but I don't trust that when I leave the job and come back to it later, it will be as I left it. For years that wasn't the case so I suppose I'm working on trust issues in a context of trust-the-stuff-to-stay-put! (my ex would pile my sorted-out papers, for example, back into a single pile, calling it "tidying" - but it was pointless to begin anything I couldn't finish and put out of sight in the one session. Think sorting a shuffled deck into its suits, but leaving them separated until you come back to put them in their box in the right order - they always got re-shuffled when I went away for a rest).

The other thing blocking my decisiveness is the usual, having to put aside another priority to deal with one. But I'm familiar with that block and not too bad at preventing it from being a problem! :D

Woo, really didn't think this would get deep.

But I'm still not sure why I didn't see mountain, for blockage - is that because the block is not something external to myself?

danieljuk

Is the past associated with house, generally? I know some cards have past or future, time or age, long or short time, etc...

Do you mean that this pair can be read as a commitment to do with the past?

This was about my house + ring combination. house does not mean the past generally but I think scythe for me has an association. If you are using a scythe you are cutting something from the past for the future. So that is why I associated house with the past in this reading. a commitment to cutting out something from the past in the house :)

Some Lenormand cards have time associations but authors differ on them. for example Scythe is a quick action or something happening fast, Tree is very slow!

You have drawn out things I didn't realise were a problem. I would say I made the commitment quite a long time ago, but responding to your thoughts has made me realise that my *emotions* are the opposite.

I heard somewhere that clutter is a defence. Like armour. Mine also keeps me from stepping into the next chapter, the "grown-up" world of making my various Grand Plans begin to come true. While I hate the house in this state, it has become familiar and therefore safe.

There are also lots of issues around the 15-minute "baby steps" thing... I'm pretty good at that way of working, but I don't trust that when I leave the job and come back to it later, it will be as I left it. For years that wasn't the case so I suppose I'm working on trust issues in a context of trust-the-stuff-to-stay-put! (my ex would pile my sorted-out papers, for example, back into a single pile, calling it "tidying" - but it was pointless to begin anything I couldn't finish and put out of sight in the one session. Think sorting a shuffled deck into its suits, but leaving them separated until you come back to put them in their box in the right order - they always got re-shuffled when I went away for a rest).

The other thing blocking my decisiveness is the usual, having to put aside another priority to deal with one. But I'm familiar with that block and not too bad at preventing it from being a problem! :D

Woo, really didn't think this would get deep.

But I'm still not sure why I didn't see mountain, for blockage - is that because the block is not something external to myself?
totally agree with you about the defence thing, that is probably why we hang on to loads of old clutter and stuff in our house. What if we needed it again? :)

the reason I suggested the regular small periods of time is that when we are procrastinating and have no motivation, we simply cannot handle in our brain that we will spend 2 days and do EVERYTHING. oh that is is too big a project. Instead if you do little and often, you are doing little lumps. There is also a risk of giving up because you don't do your time that day and they always say in psychology that just doing 5 mins is something. reward if you do anything at all! I had counselling ages ago and they expect you to fail when you make a plan to be more motivated. Instead of doing something for 7 days, if you do it once a week, that is amazing! We have to have a goal to aim for but just reward anything we do, otherwise we just give up!

So why didn't you get Mountain? I think there is no physical obstacles between you and the task, no mountains to climb over or get around, this is all you working out the best method to do it! or perhaps getting in the right mindset. Do search google, there is loads of websites and blogs that have advice about doing tasks! I love all those kind of tips :) :thumbsup: