The Ring - Your experiences please ....

samantha

I drew the ring a few months ago as the *outcome* of a relationship (though I recognise that dynamics are rarely static. )

I tend to see this card in a positive light - a bond or connection to someone or something which is beneficial or otherwise *good* in some way. I've had it come up for my relationship to my landlord as well as romantic interests, so it seems that there is always some type of glue which bonds the two parties together, be it monetary or feeling based.

I'm interested to know if anyone has experienced the card as a bond which has more negative connotations ? Has it indicated a marriage, for example, where the legal aspect acts as the glue rather than love or any other kind of partnership which is less than happy but where the individuals are somehow manacled together anyhow !

I realise that Lenormand is more often read in combinations, but this particular spread I did only had the one card as outcome. (Will try and find a link to such later)

In hind site I cannot really find a positive ending to the situation I was asking about which is why I am looking at this card anew. I've tried to think of alternative meanings (something coming full circle, something eternal etc) but they really dont fit .

scorpiogirl

Hello, okay I will tell you my experience. As you stated above Lenormand is best read with combinations. In my experience I had Ring come up along with the Road and the couple broke up and went their separate ways. I had Ring and Scythe come up for me once and I was late for school; the bus I always take took a different path because a road was closed...so Ring was my usual routine, Scythe cut that routine. But if I had Ring as the outcome I would pull a clarifier for the Ring card.

samantha

Thanks Scorpiogirl :)

Ring as routine is not something I had thought of ....I can see how this could be so (same old, same old, same old - round and round ) and actually would be a better fit in my own reading !

Im hoping I might get some more ideas, but you might have provided me with a good answer already !

1Eleven

The Ring is really a neutral card that takes on it's surrounding cards so it's tough to say. If this were in relation to health it could be something 'chronic'

The ties that bind can really bind anything, good or bad.

samantha

The more I think about this the more I think it could have been suggesting a kind of *loop* of behaviour, a repeated situation. So, thanks to SG again for making me brainstorm around *routine* !
However, if true it seems that the outcome card is addressing me only - not, that I am aware, the other person. When I drew the card I was expecting a shared outcome, but maybe the cards thought that was moot !

1Eleven

The more I think about this the more I think it could have been suggesting a kind of *loop* of behaviour, a repeated situation. So, thanks to SG again for making me brainstorm around *routine* !
However, if true it seems that the outcome card is addressing me only - not, that I am aware, the other person. When I drew the card I was expecting a shared outcome, but maybe the cards thought that was moot !

Yes, the Ring can be endless repetition. I think 'routine' would depend on the question and context. It's something that endures.

I'm curious, why do you feel pertains to you only?

Cacia

Hello Samantha

I moved the thread that you posted In the Lenormand readings that is only for that readings, and moved it to the Lenormand where specific cards can be discusss more in detail.

Thank you

CACIA

LENORMAND MODERATOR