What do you know about Enhydro Crystals?

shelikes2read

Reviving a seriously old thread, since it's got some extensive discussion of enhydros on it. I just got my first enhydro, courtesy of eBay. It's double terminated, combines clear quartz, a smoky phantom and amethyst, and I was able to confirm the presence of a moving bubble within the stone by using a loupe. The chambers within the stone are themselves shaped like Quartz points, another detail that the loupe made more obvious.

It also has the combo of clear innards/slightly cloudy and strongly striated surface, and the tapering shape, that I have seen attributed to Lemurian points. So I suspect I am going to enjoy working with this stone quite a lot. :)

7E49193C-56AA-4DBC-827E-1D9AA659383D-297-00000022B93C8831_zps50584ac7.jpg

59E127A9-C88A-4A7D-87A4-1BDE40E47376-297-00000022CCE42B46_zps15d69d2e.jpg

stonesatiety

What a beauty! Congrats. How lovely the way the amethyst and smoky floats within the clear. Well, you "love your clear quartz," so I'm not surprised. :)

One thing I found with enhydro crystals was to avoid leaving them in the sun or exposing them to other heat sources. I forgot a smoky enhydro in the sun and when I returned one enhydro section had boiled and blown a chip out of the face! I was mortified, which the crystal found amusing. It has at least one other enhydro pocket intact.

Enjoy shelikes!

omshanti72

Hey Shelikes

I think your new crystal "baby" is a Brandberg Quartz - it certainly looks like one. These special types of quartz come from the Brandberg mountain range in South Africa and they often are smoky and/or amethyst phantoms.

Judy Hall has written some really interesting information about the specific healing qualities of Brandbergs - apparently the perfect "one" finds you. Combine this info with the fact it's an Enhydro makes this a very special stone.

Many Blessings :)

shelikes2read

Hey Shelikes

I think your new crystal "baby" is a Brandberg Quartz - it certainly looks like one. These special types of quartz come from the Brandberg mountain range in South Africa and they often are smoky and/or amethyst phantoms.

Judy Hall has written some really interesting information about the specific healing qualities of Brandbergs - apparently the perfect "one" finds you. Combine this info with the fact it's an Enhydro makes this a very special stone.

Many Blessings :)

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely read up on that. I do think you're right. I googled "enhydro" and one of the sites that had images mentioned Brandberg Quartz. The point shape was similar, long and narrow as opposed to shorter and wide.