Imum Coeli anyone?

caridwen

I did a free Forecast and it says Ascendant - Imum Coeli - Cancer then Medium Coeli - Capricorn.

Has anyone got any idea what Imum Coeli or Medium Coeli means please?:)

missycab

I think that Coeli means "sky", I related it to the Spanish word "cielo". So, if I'm not mistaken coeli is the latin word for sky.

Yes, now I'm sure. The O must be next to the E, like glued together. So I think it is spoken "celi"

Now.... Imum.... I have no idea. :p

Edited: Imum coeli: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imum_Coeli

squeakmo9

The MC is located at the top of your astro map, around the 10th house. 10th house stuff like profession, authority figures, could indicate the father, or both parents. IC is found on the bottom of the chart(opposite IC) around the 4th house, your early life and such just as MissC indicated:)

caridwen

The Imum Coeli is said to refer to our roots and also to the least conscious part of ourselves. It symbolizes foundations, beginnings in life, what may have been experienced through parental inheritance and homeland influences, need for security and relationships with the home and family life. It also may describe the circumstances that we will encounter at the end of our lives.

Thanks for the info guys. I copied this from Wikipedia and it's so freaky! Is our death and the place of our death 'in the stars'? I'm referring to the last part of the quote: It also may describe the circumstances that we will encounter at the end of our lives.

So it is our DNA or the map of our lives and a preordained pattern within us. What we inherit from our parents, where we begin and where we end up. It is within the depths of our subconscious. That's a lot to take in:bugeyed:

Edited to say:

this is getting really interesting! I've just looked up Midheaven or Medium Coeli and it says:

The Midheaven is one of the most important angles in the birth chart. It traditionally indicates career, status, aim in life, aspirations, public reputation, and our life goal....Whilst the Midheaven is traditionally thought of as indicating a goal in terms of career or working life, it is not confined to this type of goal, and can indicate very personal or spiritual goals as well.

The individual will identify with and admire the qualities of the astrological sign on the Midheaven. The sign on the cusp of the Midheaven quite often indicates what kind of career, vocation, or reputation in life the native will pursue. It also reflects how an individual reacts to stressful situations.

Since my midheaven is Capricorn, does that mean I am attracted to 'typical' Capricorn traits in others and that it's my main influence? I'm really interested in how this works:)

In my house positions it says this:

House positions (Placidus)
Ascendant Taurus 0°59'33
2nd House Gemini 4°56'35
3rd House Gemini 24°59'42
Imum Coeli Cancer 12°27'55
5th House Leo 2°21'25
6th House Virgo 2°28'26
Descendant Scorpio 0°59'33
8th House Sagittarius 4°56'35
9th House Sagittarius 24°59'42
Medium Coeli Capricorn 12°27'55
11th House Aquarius 2°21'25
12th House Pisces 2°28'26

GoddessArtemis

Here's some good information I found on I.C.: (from astrology.com)

Situated on the cusp of the Fourth House (6 o'clock position), the House of Home and Family, the Imum Coeli (or I.C. for short) is the point of the Zodiac at which issues of security and foundation converge. The Sign that rests at the Imum Coeli in your astrological chart, then, reflects your approach to attaining security. If planets come near this angle in an astrological chart, efforts of those planets are concentrated on sustenance and comfort. A very private point in a chart, the efforts made on behalf of the planets near the I.C. may be unfairly ignored. For example, if the Moon falls near the I.C. in someone's chart, they seek emotional connections through their family relationships.

Further (from http://astrodynamics.blogspot.com/2006/12/look-at-imum-coeli.html):

From a transformational perspective, the I.C. is the midnight of the soul. It shows the psychological legacy from our parents and ancestors that submerges in the unconscious until activated, usually by transit of a planet to that point. This is the point at which we enter the underworld of our own internal psyche, turning inward to meet the essence of who we are in this lifetime.

My I.C. is in Aquarius. I have no idea what would trigger Aquarius in my chart, esp. in relation to my parents. Hmmm...

And here's some info on M.C.:

At the cusp of the Tenth House sits the Medium Coeli (M.C.), which is sometimes called the Midheaven. This point represents your public persona, different from your Ascendant in that it's not exactly about the way you are initially perceived, but more about how your career and social standing reflect upon your place in the world. The Sign that rests at the Medium Coeli in your astrological chart, then, reflects your perceived public persona. Just the opposite of the I.C., efforts of the planets situated near the M.C. may receive a great deal of attention -- sometimes undue and negative attention. For example, Venus falls very near the Midheaven in the chart of actress Meg Ryan, Hollywood's most popular romantic actress. The actress is also admired as something like America's sweetheart, and the press can't help themselves when it comes to her love life: They cover its ups and downs very closely.

Also, further: There is a certain amount of karma and destiny inherent in the cardinal points or "angles" (ascendant/descendant, Midheaven/Nadir) and transits to angles are usually life-changing events. The nadir is where we turn inward for self-examination, where we settle with ourselves and become aware of what lies within us. Our hidden fears, desires, dreams, parts of ourselves that have become lost - all lie at the IC waiting to be discovered. Until we are able to embrace and reclaim these parts of ourselves we cannot manifest our highest aspirations as shown by the Midheaven. Therefore, the IC is really the foundation of the personality and of the chart and the key to unlocking our personal evolution.

My M.C. is in Leo, and if that affects my public persona...well, that's all that needs to be said! :p

What's weird is that my I.C. and M.C. have the same exact degrees: 4°09'07. I see the same exact degree thing in caridwen's chart. Hmm.

Mu Jupiter in Capricorn falls very close to my M.C. at 4°53'19, so maybe that means that I will lead a career in the public eye? Yea, move over J. K. Rowling!! Hehe. :D

GA

squeakmo9

GoddessArtemis said:
What's weird is that my I.C. and M.C. have the same exact degrees: 4°09'07. I see the same exact degree thing in caridwen's chart. Hmm.
I believe everyone's mc and ic will have the same degree starting point as well as the asc & dcs(the 1st & 7th house) in one's chart. My mc cusp is in Tau, I'm the daughter of a hairdresser and am one myself. I also look like the traditional Tau with a little Leo (asc) thrown in for good measure;)

willowfox

The M.C. is the direct opposite of the I.C., in other words the beginning of the 10th house and the beginning of the 4th house.

The Ascendant and Descendant are directly opposite one another as well, the beginning of the 1st house and the beginning of the 7th house.

feticeira

squeakmo9 said:
I believe everyone's mc and ic will have the same degree starting point as well as the asc & dcs(the 1st & 7th house) in one's chart. My mc cusp is in Tau, I'm the daughter of a hairdresser and am one myself. I also look like the traditional Tau with a little Leo (asc) thrown in for good measure;)

:O I also have Leo asc. and Taurus MC... but I look more like a Leo than Taurus. However it makes sense that the MC would be less about first impression like the ascendant, and more related to how you project yourself in practice. I think I can easily be perceived as having Taurean traits...even though my sun sign is cancer.

On the other hand, if the IC relates to deepest areas within our psyche, I can only imagine that mine being in Scorpio makes it quite intense. Not only that, but I have Mars and Saturn thrown in there as well.

Nice topic :) It´s usually hard to find info on these two, as well as the descendant.

squeakmo9

feticeira said:
On the other hand, if the IC relates to deepest areas within our psyche, I can only imagine that mine being in Scorpio makes it quite intense. Not only that, but I have Mars and Saturn thrown in there as well.

Yes, we have that Taurus-Scorpio axis going on with our mc/ic...I have Neptune in my IC-4th house...my early childhood home was very chaotic, to put it nicely:angel:
Neptune makes an opposition with my sun, moon, mercury in Tau, the one thing that comes to mind is growing up without a dad and having a step-father who was emotionally unavailable...so yes Feticeira, makes for an intense upbringing, lol.

caridwen

I haven't got a clue what any of you are talking about:bugeyed: I just found it frightening that our destiny seems to be imprinted in these IM and IC things. The circumstance of our birth, our traits, predispositions and the circumstances of our deaths? Isn't that spooky?