Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Babalon Jones

introducing the Magus

I am sort of kidding around here, but thought I'd post him anyway. Since the Magician/Juggler as a variant of Hermes is known as a trickster I figured he would approve.

so without further ado, *throat clearing*

Give a shout out for the man with a plan, bringin' it from Above to Below, Mr. Mercury himself....

the MAGUS...OF...POWER!!!

:joke:

http://blog.rosettatarot.com/2012/01/08/introducing-the-magus.aspx

Cassandra022

i really, really like how you did that Magus :0

Bluefeet

The Magus looks so powerful! Love it :love:

Strange2

Groovy! Kind of has a Doctor Who / TARDIS vibe!

Eyebright

Wow. Just wow!

Wee_Gypsy

Love it! :D
Never seen Hermes, or any Magus card portrayed this way, but I still love it! Very creative :)

Babalon Jones

Thanks! I really wasn't sure what people would think of him, he is a different portrayal thats for sure. But it seemed to fit; he has the four elemental objects at his disposal on his magic table, and is uniting the macro with the micro. Sounds weird but I totally had a vision of him at the last full moon one month ago. Was trying to sleep and ideas for The Fool, The Magus, The Empress and The Lovers just sort of downloaded.

I have the pencil sketch for The Priestess done now. Just have to make time to ink and color her.

Chronata

I think the Fool is cool...but now with the Magus...you have totally sucked me in!

I think I am in love.

And yeah...many images for my tarots have come into my head...as you say downloaded...just as I am trying to get to sleep. That totally rocks.

I am really looking forward to seeing more!

Babalon Jones

Thanks Chronata! I'm a fan of your work too - and I LOVE your tagline "A state of Grace...and Cheese!) Brilliant! :)

Wee_Gypsy

Thanks! I really wasn't sure what people would think of him, he is a different portrayal thats for sure. But it seemed to fit; he has the four elemental objects at his disposal on his magic table, and is uniting the macro with the micro. Sounds weird but I totally had a vision of him at the last full moon one month ago. Was trying to sleep and ideas for The Fool, The Magus, The Empress and The Lovers just sort of downloaded.

I have the pencil sketch for The Priestess done now. Just have to make time to ink and color her.

He is a Hermes of this day in age-The Hermes of 2012.

I mean tons of people have done rennisance tarot decks, marsellies and rws clones--or ones from the victorian era in style of or with the esoteric symbolism that came back ''in'' at that time in history hence decks like Crowley-Thoth, Magical Golden Dawn, and your last one Rosetta...(all the decks I listed there I adore and own)-much love to Thoth decks!

But I like this deck not only cool because it is different but also because it works!---usually when people do take a totally different appoach (to a RWS or Thoth system it dosen't usually work as well, and your deck does! I can tell you put your heart into your artwork.

-will keep checking this thread-you got me hooked to! When it comes out I most likely will get a copy, Rosetta started it all though :D