BORDERS -- The 5th AT Deck

AmethystEyes

From those few cards I've seen this deck looks very nice!
I also agree, number 3 would be my pick as well. I'd love to see the others cards.

dancing_moon

My immediate preference was #3 too, so I'm glad it's been chosen. :D

Thanks for your generosity and hard work, reall, Flames, seven stars, and everyone else who contributed! :thumbsup:

gregory

Hi seven stars,
Yes, all the images are in dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sz0c5nupj...uBJf_vrua?dl=0
I thought some were in a secret place ? :)

Great stuff, sevenstars - I hope you see what I mean about plainness for collaboratives being the only way to go ? I LIKE a couple of the othes - but the cards would have to have been created with them in mind - especially the ones where the border gets into the art. That b/w one (#2) is lovely - but some images could lose their feet, for instance :D

Flames

Yes, greggs, most are in dropbox...and some are in a secret place. I forget that just because Reall and I have seen each and every card, that you all have, too. ;) I'm glad that most of us like number 3 and I look forward to seeing what the deck looks like with this border. Thank you, Seven Stars! :)

Just a reminder...here's a note from Solandia which you can find on page 29 of the Discussion thread (Post #287, Oct. 6, 2014). I wanted to post this here now given where we're at and how close we are to completing this deck. I don't want there to be any confusion. The deck will NOT be printed.

It's wonderful to see another community deck going ahead, it's been a while!

I do have to be a naysayer about printing the deck for all the participants, unfortunately. Having organised a few community decks before, it'll cause less headaches for everyone involved if it is either:

1) Digital only, or;
2) Digital plus print quality images provided only to card creators so they can print their own personal physical copy.

Either way, the completed deck will end up on display in the Projects section of Aeclectic, and will become a new deck in the Free Readings section too.

Thanks and I am looking forward to seeing everyone's cards as they're made. :)

~ Solandia

Thank you again to all of YOU for your amazing work. (dancing_moon, I appreciate your kind words :))!!

Padma

It really is an awesome deck...Thanks again, Flames and Reall! :love: And of course everyone who contributed! :D I think border 3 will look just awesome on *all* the cards! Thanks Seven_Stars!

gregory

Yes indeed - a HUGE thanks to Flames and reall and also seven stars - who at least hasn't been stuck with the GET ON WITH IT PEOPLE business ! I've had to do that elsewhere in my time - my heart goes out to you both !

You are :royal: and even :livelong: is impressed })

Laura Borealis

I like #3, as well. My favourite!

Yes, they're not numbered but they do have names/titles...so, #3 of the 10 listed options, is called "borders by seven5". We'll see what we can do about numbering the options to make it easier for people. In any case, I think #3 of the 10 listed, will unify the deck, wonderfully! That's my pick. :)

I'm confused, the one called 5 appears to be the red velvet? Is that the one you picked? I wish I'd had a chance to vote and that the numbering was clear.

gregory

I'm confused, the one called 5 appears to be the red velvet? Is that the one you picked? I wish I'd had a chance to vote and that the numbering was clear.

NO - that is indeed number 5 - where did you see that we had picked no 5 ? reall was hopeful of our picking no 7, based on it - but if you go to the dropbox, scrolling through them all gets you the "number" - 1 of 13, 2 of 13 etc. We are (apparently) running with 3 (this one). Which I bet you would have voted for - that or no 6 :D

Laura Borealis

NO - that is indeed number 5 - where did you see that we had picked no 5 ?

I saw that you picked 3, but in what I quoted, Flames said "#3 is called 5". And the one called 5 is red velvet. I wasn't sure if they had been reordered at some point.

But yes, the one you linked is the one I'd pick of the choices given. I agree the borders should be as neutral as possible so they don't clash with the wide variety of styles and colors.