Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Message from Solandia

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Resident

Annush 
Resident

That’s so pity…
My mind still refuses to believe that ATF will be permanently closed.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #131
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

It is a pity - but so much in reading exchanges is kind of personal that I wouldn't like to see it as part of a permanent encyclopaedia.

You can save them on your machine now. At least you don't have too many posts to save
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #132
Citizen

Stormdancer 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendywu View Post
I don't post these days, but I still call this place home. I will miss it very much, and am grateful for the years and years of pleasure I had here.

Good luck to Kate in all her future endeavours, and so many thanks for creating Aeclectic in the first place.

Thanks to the Train Gang, and everyone else
We LOVE you WU....in our heart forEVER...chattering...endlessly...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #133
Citizen

Rusty Neon 
Citizen

Wow, the end of an era!

Back in the day, when I was active in this Forum, I enjoyed the discussions and the assistance.

Best wishes to all! And thanks, Solandia!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #134
Senior Citizen

Astraea 
Senior Citizen

Rusty, hi! I remember you so well! Blessings to you.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #135
Citizen

csdude 
Citizen

Solandia, I just sent you an email, and I hope it makes its way through.

I own a company that manages a LOT of message board sites, please let me save TarotForum for you!! No training is necessary, I won't have ANY problem understanding the complexities... believe me, I've been doing this for 20+ years.

Please email me, it doesn't have to be lost!!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #136
Citizen

LadySquee 
Citizen

Definitely the end of an era. Even though I haven't posted much here, I have learned so much here. When practicing reading, I always come here to search posts about takes on meanings of the cards.

I haven't made any friendships here, but the forum as a whole has just been with me for so long.

I, too, closed a forum a couple years ago that was active. Solandia, I can completely relate. Selling isn't an option. Even if you have good moderators and good people...there is so much behind the scenes work to teach. I remember spending Christmas day working on my forum....it's hard to know if other people are truly willing to be that kind of dedicated. It's really no offense to anyone...just feels weird handing over the reins to someone else when something like this isn't just a project, but your baby.

I'm relieved this forum will at least be read-only so I can still search.

I'm sad to see it go, but I can totally relate to Solandia.

Thank you all for everything, and to everyone who has been a part of this community, be it one post or several thousand.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #137
Citizen

ivanna 
Citizen

I'm so sorry about that.
My magical path started here, here I learnt tons about tarot and made some friends. I didn't logged much in the past months due my few free time, but it will be a big loss if this forum closes.
I would be very happy to se a continuation on this site, for many of us it was the only place to learn about tarot and get some practise.
Really sorry about that. Solandia, thank you for all the work you made and the opportunity you gave all of us to enjoy and share tarot chats and practises. I will you all the best in the future and will be forever gratefull for giving me that oportunity to learn.

Xxx
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #138
Citizen

csdude 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySquee View Post
Even if you have good moderators and good people...there is so much behind the scenes work to teach. I remember spending Christmas day working on my forum....it's hard to know if other people are truly willing to be that kind of dedicated. It's really no offense to anyone...just feels weird handing over the reins to someone else when something like this isn't just a project, but your baby.
FWIW, it doesn't HAVE to be that way. I can save it without any help at all! I would just need the login info to the database, and I can move it all to my own server and database structure, quick and painless.

I promise, I manage over 50 message board sites and have done this same thing many, many times.

Please, Solandia, do a reading on this and you'll see... this forum has been such a huge asset, I hate the idea of losing it! Just yesterday I did a spread for a friend and needed help, but without the forum there's just... no help to be had.

If you still say no, I'll probably build a new one that I hope everyone will want to use. I went ahead and bought http://eTarot.net, but it would be so, so much better if we can save the site everyone already loves!!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #139
Citizen

TinySpark 
Citizen

Thanks Solandia for dedicating so much of your time and effort into AT.

Sad to see AT go, but you created something wonderful. <3
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #140

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.