Tk2dsky

I'd love to be part of this!
B*B
Ericka

DraagonStorm

I'll volunteer to be coordinator.......

But first let's get the facts down.

My suggestions:

A Majors Only Deck (22 cards as follows)
0 - The Fool
I - The Magician
II - The High Priestess
III - The Empress
IV - The Emperor
V - The Hierophant
VI - The Lovers
VII - The Chariot
VIII - Strength
IX - The Hermit
X - Wheel of Fortune
XI - Justice
XII - The Hanged Man
XIII - Death
XIV - Temperance
XV - The Devil
XVI - The Tower
XVII - The Star
XVIII - The Moon
XIX - The Sun
XX - Judgement
XXI - The World

One card to a person, 22 copies of that card

Time Limit to sign-up. (How long do you think we should give to sign-up?)

Time Limit to create card. (Again How long .......)

Card Size: 2.5in x 3.5in

Card Stock: I think we should decide on a specific weight and type of stock for consistency in the whole deck.(I print my cards out on Wausau Paper Exact Index Heavy Card Stock Smooth Finish 110lb. and that seems to work real well.)

Not Liminated (Again, consistency for the deck)

No Corner Cut

This may be to much, but I think we should leave the backs blank so that we can sign and date (mm/yyyy) each of our copies (yes, sign and date all 22 copies!)

When you finish your card and print and cut the 22 copies include a self-addressed/postage paid envelope for your copy of the entire deck to be mailed back to you. (Not sure how to do the postage paid for outside of US)

Well, what am I missing? Any suggestions? Please give suggestions/answers on my questions above.

I'm looking forward to this..... sounds like fun! When we have decided on the rules, then I'll start a new thread in Tarot Deck Creation and call it ACEO Deck Project.

BB
DraagonStorm

chrisam-crystals

i'm having the moon.....if i may? lol

i'm off to bed in a minute as i am totally knackered, but i need to ask just one question about actually making up the copies.

is it best to print them off onto some sort of card and leave them as is, or does everyone think it may be better to print them and then attach them to heavy weight card with glue or something or other......?

and i reckon that perhaps a week or so to sigh up?

righto.....off for a smoke and then bed. ;)

jue xx

blackroseivy

I thought I wanted The Devil, but now I'm not sure...

Well, I'll think about it & get back! :D

OnePotato

Hello everyone.

Sign me up for:
XVII - The Star

otherwise...
Consider doing a random drawing for card assignments, so nobody gets shut out for being slow to respond.

Take about a week for signups, and see where it stands.

Ideally, I would like four weeks to work, but will adapt to whatever everyone else decides.

I suggest using whatever kind of 2-ply bristol one has available as cardstock. This will be an international project....I doubt if everyone will be able to find a uniform brand, and as long as they're reasonably close, it should be fine. Slight variation will add to the charm.

This should be most entertaining....!

MrsOnePotato

Count me in!

DraagonStorm said:
I'm looking forward to this..... sounds like fun! When we have decided on the rules, then I'll start a new thread in Tarot Deck Creation and call it ACEO Deck Project.DraagonStorm

What a great idea....I'd love to be part of this too!

I would like to create XVI - The Tower if that is possible. Or else I'd agree with (Mr) OnePotato that assignments could be made by random drawing.

Looking forward to getting started and sharing cards!
MrsOnePotato

Sheri

This sounds fun, I'd like to join in, too.

Regarding cardstock, there are companies that sell card stock (so you can make photo playing cards) that is blank on one or both sides. Just thought I would mention them. Is 2.5 by 3.5 close to a playing card size?

I am OK with random assignments for cards, too.

I have heard of the ATCs but never seen any in person. I know a few people that are fanatical about collecting them. This was a great idea!

valeria :D

rebecca-smiles

I am relieved, draagon storm, that you suggested only majors!
I'm fine on random assignments, but, if not then may i have the hierophant?

Crisam-crystals: A lot of people stick paper to card, but you might want to trim the edge with something that overlaps like decorative tape or something. I've seen some decks where stuff isn't stuck down well enough and frays a bit.

chrisam-crystals

i only suggested gluing onto cardstock as i have never used printer to print onto heavyweight paper/card before?

will a printer take it ok?

and i'm not averse to a random card assignment or to doing more than one if not enough people sign up. :)

and 4 weeks is more than enough time for me.......i can make over a dozen in a little over 2 hours.....lol!

jue xx

DraagonStorm

I have an hp inkjet and laserjet, both handle 110lb card stock with no problem. The 110lb without the 1.5 laminate will be just a tad on the flimsy side, but I think it will be OK.

2.5 x 3.5 is poker size cards.

I'm going to post the new thread, ACEO Deck Project. I'll assign the requested cards so far. Check it out over there.

BB
DraagonStorm