After Tarot by Lo Scarabeo

Sigrdrifa

The search option isn't very helpful here, if there's already a topic on this deck please let me know :)

I never gave much thought to the After Tarot, I feared it would be a huge disappointment as the tarot of the New Vision was to me as well. But today on facebook the Tarot Museum in Belgium posted a few pictures from the deck and I actually really liked them! Does anyone here have the deck and what's your opinion on it? How does it read? Which cards are most and least favourite? Any thoughts?

ETA: The deck isn't in the aeclectic database.

Sigrdrifa

Also, is the queen of swords named queen of swords? In the 2016 LoS catalogue it was mistakenly called High Priestess.

rwcarter

I pre-ordered the After Tarot Kit, which isn't supposed to ship until Feb 2017 here in the US, so I don't know if the deck is actually out in Europe yet or not.

Sigrdrifa

Thank you, it seems to be available on Book Depository.

gregory

AFAIK the deck is and the kit isn't quite. I am aching for it. What did Guido say about it - anything?

Sigrdrifa

Nothing, only that it was gifted to him by the tarot museum from Spain.

easyboy82

The deck is out here in Europe since I see it available on Italian online shops.

I discovered it only a few days ago and there was not much info online about it...I found it interesting, an evolution and a variation on the theme of the New Vision Tarot and it is now on my wishlist.
I think they both are very interesting for insight/ visualization/meditation/ study more than as an actual standalone reading deck...

Why do you say New Vision disappointed you?

Sigrdrifa

In New Vision at first I really liked the idea, it was something different, it gives a new view on the cards, shows more of the world these people live in. The idea is cool, but in reality in many cards I found it forced, as if they didn't really know what they should come up with. Also there's a lot of looking at backs of people and backs of seats, which feels as if I'm not inside the energy of the card, but looking in (almost peeping) as an outsider.

For the After Tarot I somewhat have the same fear: will they come up with a clever picture for each of the 78 cards? Or will just as many feel forced?

Nemia

I have the same question marks about the New Vision - and I don't like the art either. It's so smooth, without personality. I bought it because I was curious what would they come up with.

And this deck reads like a dream for me. Strange as it is, these cards speak to me in a clear, sober voice. They're wonderful for love readings.

This leaves me very curious concerning the After Tarot... although I keep thinking that next year, there'll be a "from 2 meters above" tarot and then a "as seen from Mars" or "as seen with a microscope" tarot... all out to milk every last drop from Colman Smith's art.

easyboy82

In New Vision at first I really liked the idea, it was something different, it gives a new view on the cards, shows more of the world these people live in. The idea is cool, but in reality in many cards I found it forced, as if they didn't really know what they should come up with.

For the After Tarot I somewhat have the same fear: will they come up with a clever picture for each of the 78 cards? Or will just as many feel forced?

I perfectly understand your point.
So long I have seen only a few cards of the After deck in a short video on youtube and I have to say that though I find the idea really brilliant or at least very interesting the execution in those few cards I saw didn't impress me as so enlightening as I'd hoped...

I'm however very curious to see more cards