List of Thoth-inspired decks and clones

la-luna

There is also the "Akron Tarot" i think

Annabelle

Interesting that you mention the Akron tarot, la-luna, as I'm expecting a copy to arrive in the mail either today or tomorrow from Tarot Garden! :D

I hadn't thought about it being Thoth-like, but now that I take a look at some online scans again I can see the resemblance. Adding it to the list . . .

TallTarotGuy

How 'bout the Cosmic Tarot by Norbert Loesche? I've always thought of it as more of a Thoth-based deck.

HUGS,
TTG

Annabelle

I'm of two minds about the Cosmic . . . some of the cards show a very clear RWS influence, while others show a Thoth influence. I guess my verdict is a clearcut "maybe" :).

I'll add it to the list with a caveat for now.

la-luna

Well looking throe my collection I also found this one:
The Intuitive Tarot by Cilla Conway (major arcana Thoth-like– minor RWS)

Annabelle

la-luna said:
Well looking throe my collection I also found this one:
The Intuitive Tarot by Cilla Conway (major arcana Thoth-like– minor RWS)
Thanks, la-luna! I'll add it to the list.

(Say, isn't this the deck that shows a large flying penis on the Emperor card? I'm trying to remember why I haven't ever bought this deck - and I think that's the reason!)

la-luna

Annabelle4 said:
Thanks, la-luna! I'll add it to the list.

(Say, isn't this the deck that shows a large flying penis on the Emperor card? I'm trying to remember why I haven't ever bought this deck - and I think that's the reason!)

Yes that’s the one (I attached a scan of him/it) and if you look closely to many cards you can also find other males with exposed bits but none so obvious like this one – by the way don’t you find it looks a bit like a Babylonian sphinx ? )

Attachments

• Intuitieve Tarot - Emperor.jpg
    Intuitieve Tarot - Emperor.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 436

Annabelle

Thanks for posting the picture, la-luna! It sent me into fits of giggles, I'm afraid. I'm used to some nudity in tarot, and I'm not normally bothered by it. But wow, that's one huge sphinx-like penis there. I'm afraid if I had the Intuitive tarot and tried to read with it, that card would turn up and I'd fall out of my chair laughing. :D

TallTarotGuy

OK, I thought of another one:

Love is in the Earth Crystal Tarot, by Melody.

I think of this one as a Thoth clone. Can I get an amen?? :)

HUGS,
TTG

firefrost

I asked about Thoth clones. Thank you all very much for your input - I'm going to enjoy looking through these.

ff :)