Magical Forest - The Hanged Man

karen0205

from lwb:

XII - The Hanged Man
Brother Bat likes hanging upside down. This seems very strange to the other animals,
but for him it is natural. “I rest like this," he says, "and 1 see things from another point of view.”

Bats hang upside down all the time so this shows me that it's ok for things
to be hung up now and then while we learn from the situation and then we
move on. He's holding a book, maybe he's reading the book of knowledge.
I like the big moon behind him, he's got light all around him so he must
be in a good place in life. It's night but it's not dark and scary.

The trees crossed at the top indicate a crossroad in life? maybe a period
of learning is necessary before moving forward.

Attachments

• 12 Hanged Man.jpg
    12 Hanged Man.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 801

r0sered1ster

Magical Forest- the Hanged Man

The Hanged Man seems to always come across as looking at things from another point of view. I know that for myself, I sometimes get stuck in my perspective and often need to catch myself and realize my view might need a little adjustment. I was looking at the Hanged Man's book and I'm not sure but I think it has a bunny on the cover (I associated this with the bunnies on the Cups/Chalices suit). This kinda stuck in my mind that in matters of the heart, it's never good to think your way is the only way.

(I noticed the original deck uses Cups but in the new version they use Chalices, hence my Cups/Chalices remark)

mando

The bat is resting a bit and looks like quite a calm night. The trees seem to be supporting each other, reaching out and touching - or are they bending under the wait - this card has so many contradictions! The bat does look quite happy there, although why is his foot tied to the tree - is it for extra support? Could he leave if he wanted. I think it shows a way to make the best of a situation that you find yourself in - there always another way of looking at things. The book he is holding does stand out - its the mostcolourful thing on the card...

elinne

I was looking at the Hanged Man's book and I'm not sure but I think it has a bunny on the cover (I associated this with the bunnies on the Cups/Chalices suit). This kinda stuck in my mind that in matters of the heart, it's never good to think your way is the only way.

I loved this insight! I had been trying to figure out what the tie in was with the bunny on the book - and of course they are the animal used on the cups/chalices cards that deal with emotions and concerns of the heart!

It occurs to me now that the bunny/cups tie in elementally as well, since the Hanged Man is a very watery card in tarot. This is reenforced by the image of the moon in the background.