Reading knights as a change?

laurence

Hi everyone!

I did a 9 cards spread asking how my love life will evolve in January 2016.
I am single and I was pretty busy over the past year, moving out in a new city and familiarizing with a new job.
Now i am rather satisfied with how I dealt with difficulties and I feel comfortable in my "new life" so I think I am ready to go out there in order to meet a potential partner.

I read the cards as a story so the 3 last cards at the bottom were:
Knight of wands - Knight of Swords - Wheel.

To me It surely indicates a change. We can see the Knights as movement here rather than specific people. The first brings rapid actions and unexpected development. And the knight of Swords shows exchange of ideas, great mental stimulation. Also both Knights here talk about rapidity and quick developments.

The Wheel is the last card of the spread and It's another one indicating things will turn up differently. My take is that I have good chances to meet someone interesting, someone different from what I usually know.

So have you ever read knights as situation or change instead of reading them as only people?
And does the Wheel as a final card almost always show that the situation will be different?

Thank you.

dailytarot

I didn't see the spread to think more precisely but... to me the cards tells you will have an significant change in your love life from nothing to a turbulent period with more then one man wanting your company (two as the cards showed).

welcome to the single party...

laurence

I didn't see the spread to think more precisely but... to me the cards tells you will have an significant change in your love life from nothing to a turbulent period with more then one man wanting your company (two as the cards showed).

welcome to the single party...

Hi dailytarot!

So basically, you interpret the knights here as people and this is the Wheel that make you think that change is on its way, right?
I can't wait for the end of the month to see whether those Knights appear as real people or not.

Thanks for your take!

Laurelle

I feel like I need to see the rest of this spread in order to give you an insightful answer. I say this because the spread doesn't have an positions.

In general, the Knights can be the breath that pushes us in the right fated (wheel) direction.

Perhaps you will have a lot of activity and things will be "larger than life". All the attention will be on you and you will draw different options to you? (I'm hesitant though without the rest of the spread)....

I like the Wheel in romance. It's someone who likes the ride of it all, someone spontaneous (so are the knights) and someone who loves the fluctuations of it all. The Wheel does speak of someone who has options, round and round they go.

I think this wheel maybe telling you that you will meet a few options, but it won't be anything permanent. Those knights are on horses and the wheel doesn't stop...So rush into it all and face it with a friendly smile!

dailytarot

And a Knight of Wands is always useful... :D

rwcarter

Moderator Note

I feel like I need to see the rest of this spread in order to give you an insightful answer. I say this because the spread doesn't have an positions.
lauence, if you wish to post the rest of the cards from the reading, please do so in the Your Readings forum and then provide a link to that thread here in UTC.

Laurelle

I think your right about change. Since it's a story, you might want to readd the Knights as people and as change. I don't see anything long-term this month.

Saskia

I think I am ready to go out there in order to meet a potential partner.

I read the cards as a story so the 3 last cards at the bottom were:
Knight of wands - Knight of Swords - Wheel.

So have you ever read knights as situation or change instead of reading them as only people? And does the Wheel as a final card almost always show that the situation will be different?

Hi Laurence, to me it looks like you'll feel quite active and fast-paced this month: you'll be keen to go out and meet people, maybe in a straightforward manner (online dating, Tinder, speed dating...) but no one particular will yet catch your interest. Or, you meet someone who's equally fast-paced in their passion and/or words (either Knight of Swords or Wands). There can be a one night romance coming up (Knight of Wands).

It's possible to read court cards as situations or energy, but for me they 99% of times mean people or aspects of someone's (my own or other person's) personality or behaviour.

The Wheel at the end tells that this period of fast paced action is "destined", it will bring change in your life and this change can have long term impact. Note that the change is not necessarily outward. It can mean that you change as a person, based on how you interact and who you meet. But change it is all the same and it's something that "meant" to happen for your future's path.

laurence

In general, the Knights can be the breath that pushes us in the right fated (wheel) direction.

Perhaps you will have a lot of activity and things will be "larger than life". All the attention will be on you and you will draw different options to you? (I'm hesitant though without the rest of the spread)....

I like the Wheel in romance. It's someone who likes the ride of it all, someone spontaneous (so are the knights) and someone who loves the fluctuations of it all. The Wheel does speak of someone who has options, round and round they go.

I think this wheel maybe telling you that you will meet a few options, but it won't be anything permanent. Those knights are on horses and the wheel doesn't stop...So rush into it all and face it with a friendly smile!

Hi Laurelle!

I will be more active than usual this month: I've planned meeting up with like-minded people, I've accepted invitations that I would normally pass and so on.
So yes, the Knights are like the push towards the outcome and they do live in the moment, being spontaneous will activate the Wheel of the life.
I don't think this spread can say if a potential encounter will be permanent as I just asked for January 2016.
I am not sure yet to post the whole reading but maybe It's a good idea as there are a few majors in It.

Thanks for your input!