4 of Pentacles - feelings/thoughts

Padma

Now. Given this guy's actions towards you, don't you think that might be what he's thinking/feeling about you? :) People think this way all the time about those they like, even at first meetings. Haven't you ever heard stories where a guy says "The first time I laid eyes on her, I thought, 'That's my future wife...'" Remember also that Pentacles can mean luck. He's probably feeling like he's never in his life been so lucky. And so he calls, texts, and comes on strong to make sure you know, without any question, that he wants you, and you shouldn't walk away from him. He is laying a claim on you like a miner who just stuck gold and is terrified others will steal it away from him.

Is this really so hard to believe? And doesn't this completely clear up the connection between his actions and the card?

I totally have to go with Thirteen's explanation. Well said! :) (bold effect is mine)

TinaV

Ouch Thirteen! You are right. I am over thinking this. Guess it has to do with my recent past and general experience with (serious) relationships.

As for the interpretations, that does make sense. I am just messy with doing readings for myself. Like I can never seem to get a good interpretation out of it. When reading for others, I don't have that feeling/bias.

As for the situation, he does come on strong but on the other hand he is still active on dating apps. Like he is always online whenever I log on which makes me wonder what his intentions are. Just meet lots of girls and get sex out of it? A relationship? Dating multiple people at the same time?

Anyway, I have to stop thinking. He wants to meet me again next weekend. We'll see if that will happen or not.

Puffette

I recently started dating a new guy. There is intense chemistry between us, and we seem to complement each other.

So, I asked what his thoughts and his feelings were about me - pulling 2 or 3 cards. Apart from a lot of (reversed) wands, the 4 of Pentacles appeared twice.

4 of Pentacles is the jealousy/possessive card in my opinion so I'm not sure how this card would fit into a new relationship. Is he becoming possessive? Does he want to keep me to himself? Or does he want to close himself off from me?

The 4 of pentacles guy is very greedy,because he likes to have it all and offer nothing in return. See how he collects those coins and has this desperate look on his face fearful that they may fall? But fall where? Next to him,not in a hole or something. But still he keeps them glued to himself. What does that say to you? Personally I would say he feels pretty much miserable and willing to do anything to have "that thing or person" that makes him complete.
In terms of feelings its a neutral card because at times it represents fear of offering attention or show the true intentions and emotions but at times it shows posessivity and being clingy almost paranoid. Its very important how one feels this card using the intuition.The surrounding cards have also their role in the interpretation.
Why fear? This is a card i get especially for men and how they feel towards women.. Because this card talks about one's integrity. Its difficult for a man to express his love but in return have deteriorated his image of tough guy. A man would say " If i tell her how i feel,she will take it for granted and she might not apreciate me after that or she might laugh actually. I get to offer her everything and meantime i lose everything".
Why possesivity and feeling clingy over someone? Because lets say the guy has had many disapointments during his life and deceptions in love... Once he finds u he will say "If i lose this one too,im doomed".. sort of..
People that are described by 4 of pentacles are very narcisistic,they wanna be called everytime,they wanna have the whole attention and know bluntly that u want them in your life. They need proof that they represent something for you but at the same time they wanna make sure that u are somehow their property and it will never happen to lose you in someone's detriment.
They have their eyes on you..

Thirteen

As for the situation, he does come on strong but on the other hand he is still active on dating apps. Like he is always online whenever I log on which makes me wonder what his intentions are. Just meet lots of girls and get sex out of it? A relationship? Dating multiple people at the same time?
Well, now I"m confused. You two just met, right? So...why should he stop? Imagine you send out your resume for a job, and one company calls back and you have a killer interview with them. They seem to really like you and want a second interview. Do you say to all those other companies, "Not looking any more"? I wouldn't. Because the second interview might fall flat and then I'd have to start over from scratch. Putting it another way, until you have the job of "girlfriend" why shouldn't this guy remain active on the dating apps? :confused:

I mean, yes, you could be absolutely right. He might be a player. And the 4/Coins can indicate that. As Puffette says, he could be feeling greedy. Or, as the card ALSO indicates, he could just be playing it safe. Not putting all his eggs in one basket, however promising that basket is. But if this is the big question, then take out the 4/Pents, put it down on the table, and said, "I want to know if he's a player or playing it safe. Please clarify." Lay down one card and see if it indicates greed or caution.

*NOTE: BUT DO NOT POST THE ANSWER IN THIS THREAD. That's a new reading, and if it's one card, then it's full reading and needs to be in the Your Readings forum. You can post a link to it in this thread.

Whatever answer you get, I assume you're going to be wise and play it safe as well? By which I mean, don't give him everything he wants until you do have the job of girlfriend and he's off the dating sites. Either he wants it all now, and you'll know he's not genuine, or he wants only you, and will do it all to have you, meaning he's genuine. The cards have limits, and there's only so much research you can do. Sometimes you have to take the car out for a few test drives to be sure that it's as good as advertised.

TinaV

UPDATE

I have spent more time with this guy so I got to know him a little bit better. Turns out that he has a mild form of autism that he was trying to keep from me.

4 of Pentacles does make sense to me now; he was keeping his cards close to his chest because he was afraid I would find out about it - and perhaps dump him?

The man in the card (RW) is also living for/by himself. Self-sufficient in a way. He keeps his possessions close to him. This may be a stretch, but I somehow also see how this could represent an autistic personality.

elena_jaymz

I have spent more time with this guy so I got to know him a little bit better. Turns out that he has a mild form of autism that he was trying to keep from me.

4 of Pentacles does make sense to me now; he was keeping his cards close to his chest because he was afraid I would find out about it - and perhaps dump him?

The man in the card (RW) is also living for/by himself. Self-sufficient in a way. He keeps his possessions close to him. This may be a stretch, but I somehow also see how this could represent an autistic personality.

Yes, it makes sense now, he didn't want to let you in because he was afraid of rejection.
The pentacles he was keeping so tight refer to his mild form of autism that he wanted to keep secret to you.

pandap

That is really interesting. The 4 of Pentacles describes someone with autism quite well. They are quite rigid, inflexible and don't cope well with changes, lack spontaneity and find it difficult to compromise (due to their condition, generally speaking and depending on the severity). It also reflects very well him withholding something from you.