Celtic Cross Future and Outcome positions

elena_jaymz

Hi guys, I always struggle to understand the cards in Celtic Cross future and outcome positions.
I read the outcome card should be the "summary" of the previous cards, that is the true answer to the question, while the future card should be what expects you/what you're headed to in the near future... but doesn't also the outcome card point to the future? So are they the same thing in a way?
Any idea?
Thanks.

rwcarter

The future card could be a few days or weeks from the reading. If it's a few days then the outcome could be a week or more out. And if it's a few weeks, then the outcome can be a few months out. The outcome points to some period after the future.

Sunbrook

I read the top of the cross as the goal postion, either conscious, or subconscious. Sometimes it is quite revealing because it may not be what the querant thinks they are trying to achieve (like when someone is putting up walls, or is in the middle of a self fullfilling prophesy). It helps me to see the relationship between it and the foundation postion, which I see as what the querant is doing to contribute to it, again it could be conscious or subconscious. I see the outcome as the overall outcome, and compare it to the goal.

Sunbrook

Oh oops. I thought you were referring to the top of the cross lol. I agree with the poster above about the future postion. It's the near future, or a future influence, or phase.

elena_jaymz

The future card could be a few days or weeks from the reading. If it's a few days then the outcome could be a week or more out. And if it's a few weeks, then the outcome can be a few months out. The outcome points to some period after the future.

Thanks Rodney :)
So the future position is about the near future, while the outcome is what will occur, so to speak, in the distant future.

elena_jaymz

Oh oops. I thought you were referring to the top of the cross lol. I agree with the poster above about the future postion. It's the near future, or a future influence, or phase.

Thanks Sunbrook :)
Yes, the future position is more about a phase, the next step in our journey, while the outcome is what will happen after this phase.

Thirteen

Thanks Sunbrook :)
Yes, the future position is more about a phase, the next step in our journey, while the outcome is what will happen after this phase.
Exactly. If you were baking a cake, the future position would be "you put the cake in the oven," the outcome position would be the finished cake. Putting it another way, the Outcome is where you'll end up you keep following this road. The future is just the next step that being on this road will require you to take. So while the next place on the road (the future) might be nice, the outcome might not be where you want to end up. The outcome card allows you to say, "I want to get off this road; that's not where I want to end up." The future simply prepares you for the next part of the road.

elena_jaymz

Exactly. If you were baking a cake, the future position would be "you put the cake in the oven," the outcome position would be the finished cake. Putting it another way, the Outcome is where you'll end up you keep following this road. The future is just the next step that being on this road will require you to take. So while the next place on the road (the future) might be nice, the outcome might not be where you want to end up. The outcome card allows you to say, "I want to get off this road; that's not where I want to end up." The future simply prepares you for the next part of the road.

Hi Thirteen, thanks for your explanation :)
I agree, the outcome shows what will happen, if you continue following your road and the future is just your next step on this road.

Barleywine

I see the "near-future" position as more open-ended and fluid (or perhaps dynamic) than the "outcome" position. It's more like a sign-post than a destination. It points to where you may be heading, but there's still time for a mid-course correction to adjust your actions according to what the eventual outcome portends (for "good or ill" as the saying goes). It is more advisory than conclusive. I always read the two as a pair, one as the warm-up act and the other as the main event. If they are complementary, all well and good, if they are greatly at odds, something has to change between now and then.

elena_jaymz

I see the "near-future" position as more open-ended and fluid (or perhaps dynamic) than the "outcome" position. It's more like a sign-post than a destination. It points to where you may be heading, but there's still time for a mid-course correction to adjust your actions according to what the eventual outcome portends (for "good or ill" as the saying goes). It is more advisory than conclusive. I always read the two as a pair, one as the warm-up act and the other as the main event. If they are complementary, all well and good, if they are greatly at odds, something has to change between now and then.

Hi Barleywine, thank you :)
I agree, you're more likely to change what's in the near future, rather than what's in the distant future.
I've never thought to look at the future position also as a possible advice, but it makes sense though.