7 of Swords and 3 of Swords as a place?

crystalrose

Hi, I did a spread on making friends & I pulled the 7 of Swords for the position "the best place to find new friends." Being that the 7 of swords is a card of lies, deceit and general dishonesty, I'm not sure what to make of it as a place, unless it's somewhere where people lie on a regular basis...? I pulled the 3 of swords as a clarifier, and that only reinforces the idea of pain and betrayal. Are the cards saying I shouldn't even bother trying to make new friends?

If it matters, deck used was Wild Unknown.

rwcarter

7S could also represent a place where people think differently or outside of the box, some place where they use their skills in unexpected ways. 3S clarifier could be pointing to someplace outdoors or open to the weather, probably at night (relying on the RWS image). Now that I can get to my WU, that 3S has a more 8S vibe to it, so some place where individual thoughts (or even actions - each sword) are joined together to form something new (the interlaced bindings).

Rodney

crystalrose

7S could also represent a place where people think differently or outside of the box, some place where they use their skills in unexpected ways. 3S clarifier could be pointing to someplace outdoors or open to the weather, probably at night (relying on the RWS image). Now that I can get to my WU, that 3S has a more 8S vibe to it, so some place where individual thoughts (or even actions - each sword) are joined together to form something new (the interlaced bindings).

Rodney

Thank you Rodney! This does fit perfectly with my personality. I like to have intellectual stimulation and prefer people who are out of the box thinkers. I agree the three of swords does point towards creative collaboration, and maybe even something close knit.

Those two cards have a track record of being very negative for me, so that's where I got stuck.

pandap

Hi, I did a spread on making friends & I pulled the 7 of Swords for the position "the best place to find new friends." Being that the 7 of swords is a card of lies, deceit and general dishonesty, I'm not sure what to make of it as a place, unless it's somewhere where people lie on a regular basis...? I pulled the 3 of swords as a clarifier, and that only reinforces the idea of pain and betrayal. Are the cards saying I shouldn't even bother trying to make new friends?

If it matters, deck used was Wild Unknown.

The 7 of Swords could be any type of outdoor activity that you enjoy where other people meet. My immediate thought was a get together, such an an Expo, where people with the same interests come together. It could even be camping though, or military re-enactment days. 3 of Swords definitely shows outdoors too, it doesn't rain indoors.

So think of the sort of things you enjoy doing outdoors where you have the opportunity to meet others. :)

violetdaisy

Ok...immediately after reading the title I thought "rehab." Like AA or NA. Even if that doesn't apply specifically I would think of some place/time not known to everyone where healing of some kind takes place. 7s - sneaking off - not always bad if you don't have goods support, 3s open wounds, draining poison, to heal you have to admit you're hurt.

crystalrose

The 7 of Swords could be any type of outdoor activity that you enjoy where other people meet. My immediate thought was a get together, such an an Expo, where people with the same interests come together. It could even be camping though, or military re-enactment days. 3 of Swords definitely shows outdoors too, it doesn't rain indoors.

So think of the sort of things you enjoy doing outdoors where you have the opportunity to meet others. :)

Interesting both you and Rodney picked up on the outdoors. I have been thinking of attending a couple of gatherings related to certain hobbies I have. Not sure about camping b/c I've never tried it. Maybe I do need to get into some more outdoorsy activities. Thanks!

crystalrose

Ok...immediately after reading the title I thought "rehab." Like AA or NA. Even if that doesn't apply specifically I would think of some place/time not known to everyone where healing of some kind takes place. 7s - sneaking off - not always bad if you don't have goods support, 3s open wounds, draining poison, to heal you have to admit you're hurt.

I actually don't have a good support system in my life, which is the exact reason why I was asking about making new friends. I don't have serious problems that would require any sort of rehab, but I can see what you are saying as far as a place where likeminded people get together and support each other.... Thus helping me heal from some of the things I've been through. :)

pandap

Interesting both you and Rodney picked up on the outdoors. I have been thinking of attending a couple of gatherings related to certain hobbies I have. Not sure about camping b/c I've never tried it. Maybe I do need to get into some more outdoorsy activities. Thanks!

I only threw in the "camping" aspect to get your mind working. I'm not suggesting you should actually go camping (unless it's something that you fancy doing), it was just meant as an example of thinking outside the box. There are quite a few activities that are enjoyed outside, camping being just one of them. You could even join a circus, lol! But seriously, if you think of what sort of things you have an interest in, you could join a club - gardening, hiking, walking, offering to walk dogs for people, even meeting up with people in a park to learn Tarot, for a few more examples. The possibilities are endless. :)

dailytarot

To me the 7 and 3 of Swords as a place tell you to get back.

In the same space you had made some shit friends, you will find some new ones.

crystalrose

I only threw in the "camping" aspect to get your mind working. I'm not suggesting you should actually go camping (unless it's something that you fancy doing), it was just meant as an example of thinking outside the box. There are quite a few activities that are enjoyed outside, camping being just one of them. You could even join a circus, lol! But seriously, if you think of what sort of things you have an interest in, you could join a club - gardening, hiking, walking, offering to walk dogs for people, even meeting up with people in a park to learn Tarot, for a few more examples. The possibilities are endless. :)

Gotcha! I agree I could need to get outside more as most of my hobbies are indoor solitary activities. Would be nice to get some fresh air and sunshine. :)