Suit and season associations

pandap

I've read a few books, which have differing views on the corresponding seasons associated with the suits. The problem is, none of them explain why they choose the method they do. Hence, I find I read one book, agree with their method, read another book, which is also very good, and think they must know what they're talking about, and end up getting confused and not being able to solidify in my mind which season should be for what suit.

For example, I'm trying to decide what associations should be for Cups and Wands - some say summer, others spring.

What's your preference and why do you choose the method you use?

cSpaceDiva

Here's how I think of it:

Spring-Snow melts filling rivers and streams, April showers=Water, Cups
Summer-Sun, hot weather=Fire, Wands
Fall-Falling leaves, harvest, earth's bounty=Earth, Pentacles
Winter-Chilly winds, bitter cold, seeing your breath=Air, Swords

pandap

Here's how I think of it:

Spring-Snow melts filling rivers and streams, April showers=Water, Cups
Summer-Sun, hot weather=Fire, Wands
Fall-Falling leaves, harvest, earth's bounty=Earth, Pentacles
Winter-Chilly winds, bitter cold, seeing your breath=Air, Swords

That's great, thanks.

I now can understand spring/Cups and summer/Wands (which was the way I originally thought, before reading someone else's take). Makes perfect sense.

Likewise for autumn and winter. That was another one that had two differing views. I can now gel with falling leaves for Pentacles/Autumn and icy cold winds and seeing your breath for Swords/Winter. :)

NatKat

I've read a few books, which have differing views on the corresponding seasons associated with the suits. The problem is, none of them explain why they choose the method they do. Hence, I find I read one book, agree with their method, read another book, which is also very good, and think they must know what they're talking about, and end up getting confused and not being able to solidify in my mind which season should be for what suit.

For example, I'm trying to decide what associations should be for Cups and Wands - some say summer, others spring.

What's your preference and why do you choose the method you use?

You just missed a whole thread on this very topic:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=251771&highlight=aces+seasonal+timing

this thread discusses the different systems used for suits & season.