The De-Enabling Thread

Lee

Emily said:
Its not a feelgood deck at all, makes the Thoth look angelic in comparison. :)
It's the Thoth's evil twin!

-- Lee

Lee

WolfSpirit said:
Kittaine, DON'T buy the Gay Tarot when you just have 6 new decks. Those men may be cute but demand your attention all the time. They will get so jealous of your other decks and cause havoc in your peaceful environment.
LOL!!! :D

-- Lee

WolfSpirit

Emily said:
makes the Thoth look angelic in comparison. :)

What would Crowley have thought of his deck being called angelic })

Myriantha

WolfSpirit said:
What would Crowley have thought of his deck being called angelic })
I sense a well-Lucifer-was-an-angel-too-you-know comment coming on.

Anyone care to de-enable me on the Whimsical and/or the Inner Child?

Eco74

Myriantha said:

Well, does it really make any sense whatsoever to pay money for someone elses interpretation of their inner child when you have your own inner child to play with for free?

And besides. Getting a second inner child into the house could cause some of that horrible "sibling rivallery" only one of them would be adopted making those verbal abuses very very hard on both of them...

Take care of your own inner child first. ;)

Rusty Neon

Myriantha said:

Warning - De-Enabling Follows: (Apologies to Lovers of Such Decks)

Granted that each of those decks are gosh-darn pretty and cute. Unfortunately, in the case of each card, the deck relates one (and only one) generally-accepted meaning of a card to a fairy tale or story. Unfortunately, a tarot card has more than one single meaning or aspect. With such a deck, you will find yourself limited in your tarot horizons. The deck might be fun to look through a time or two, but will you using it after that for anything, be it reading or study?

Anna

Oh this thread is marvellous!

World Spirit- de-enable- check :D

Well, does it really make any sense whatsoever to pay money for someone elses interpretation of their inner child when you have your own inner child to play with for free?

Way to de-enable eco! that was brilliant, LOL.

Ok, I have another one, and its a challenge.....a deck that could cause me to part with hundreds of pounds that I don't have should I ever come across it.......the greenwood!

Let the De-enablement begin!

Myriantha

Ooops, I forgot to mention my rabid interest in folk- & fairytales, especially their origins & mutations across time & culture. It seems like taking these sorts of changes into consideration might add complexity & depth (although how Tarot-ish it might be is another question).

Plus, both decks are on sale at Amazon. Please tell me that the Whimsical is even more sickeningly sweet-n-foofoo than the Hanson-Roberts! And that the Inner Child is just monstrously huge, far too big to be portable! Or something!

Ruby7

Myriantha,

I like cute decks, the Hanson Roberts is/was one of my main decks. Rusty is right about the Whimsical though. The picures are pretty but the meanings are very limited and I could not read with these cards at all. I bought the Whimsical last year and sold it on e-bay without giving it a second thought. Believe me you do not need this deck.

Does that help :)?

Ruby7

fyreflye

I must have The Goose is Out Tarot.
Why: Because it will complete my collection of all the Osho/Rajneesh related tarots ever published.
Why not: I can't afford it and besides I can't find it anywhere anyway.
Looks like I've cured myself :D