definitions of readings....

214red

Apollonia said:
I just want to point out that, just as with Tarot, there are competent, ethical people around who do the woo woo stuff and remove curses for people. Just as with Tarot, they are not all scammers. I would hate to think that if you practiced where I do, you would call me a scammer and warn people about me!

good point, i mean there are lots of people that do spirit rescue etc so we should becareful not to taint people with a brush they dont deserve.

214red

Marina said:
Hum...and what do you do when your intuition is kinda shy and doesn't like talking? You coerce it?

Because saying "let your intuition speak" is one thing, but actually doing it is completely different. And not so natural for everyone i'm afraid.

you still have to learn, you still have to coax it out for a bit and often fine tune it (although i hate the word intuition) , skills have to be mastered

i do think intuition is when people havent learned to trust they are psychic (i think everyone is) and dont trust enough too label themselves psychic.

214red

SunChariot said:
Ok, for me if I had to define them:

-a psychic reading would be one where the reader is clearly psychic and has psychic ablities with our without the cards. The reader might be able to look at the image and have a clear vision or what will happen in her mind's eye (almost like watching a movie play out), or hear a conversation inside you word for word that will take place in future.
i think the information will come to you in any method that is good for you, i dont think it will always be clear, and it wont always be in the methods you describe as thats how your get the information but thats not the same for everyone, and if they get info through didnt 'clairs' i still think its valid. saying that i understand your definition, your obviously very clairvoyant and Clairaudient.

SunChariot said:
-intuitive reading would be when you get a feeling from looking at the card of what the answer is, an intuition about the direction the answer should take, but you don't experience it directly. You just have an inner sense of what the answer should focus on. You feel "drawn" to a certain answer. I'm in this category personally, I don't fit into either of the other two.

Barbara
i think intuitive as you describe it here, is when someone hasnt honed their psychic skills yet, they have a hunch as they call it but its really one of the hard to pin down 'clairs' that they are using which seems like its harder to define until you still start working on the buggers:) all of this is IMO btw

Thanks Barbara, interesting answers!

214red

Rev_Vesta said:
There are many different methods and styles when working with tarot cards as readers.......

Vesta
Rev_Vesta i agree with you, thanks for putting up info on all the clairs, i think sometimes people expect your only psychic when you get information clairvoyantly, but i think the other clairs and stuff like your chakras are also very important. cognizances for example is a hard one to originally pin down, you simply know something, when your explaining that to someone you often in the beginning think your making it up...you often try and explain it away, but you cant.

thanks as normal RV!

nisaba

214red said:
i do think intuition is when people havent learned to trust they are psychic (i think everyone is) and dont trust enough too label themselves psychic.
that's not the only reason people don't label themselves psychic.

I definitely don't label myself as psychic or as doing psychic readings, even though cards offer me only a starting-point. My reason is that the people in the region around here who *do* call themselves "psychic" or offer "psychic readings" are breathtakingly arrogant and think they're just so superior to everyone else. I think that is a disgusting attitude, and I don't want to be associated with it in any way, no matter how indirectly.

Amongst a small but vocal proportion of would-be customers, too, there is an assumption that "psychic Tarot" is somehow different and superior to "Tarot", and I have to explain over and over again why I don't call myself psychic (because the clients are as psychic as I am) and why I work with cards (because they are a phenomenally useful tool).

Sigh.

Gypsyspell

Also, saying you do- psychic reading, fortune telling etc is dependant on your abilities, i remember venues reluctant to use these terms clairvoyant also.
Reason being--- legal --you can escape any disagreeable ,thoughts, ideas ,advice that may be given by the cards...Eg the 'cards' say this or that and blame the cards,-- take 3 of swords to court.
I knew a brilliant reader who only read playing cards, mostly put out for the this reason, as they just served as triggers for her ,although she read them as converted to Tarot.
Oooops maybe this should be in prof Tarot

Grizabella

I don't say I'm psychic for a lot of reasons. One of them is that if you say you're psychic, then you get people who want you to give them lottery numbers and who think when you're psychic you can tell them things that you can't just grab out of thin air at will at all. I'm too old and crotchety for that. :p I'd rather just say I read Tarot and if someone asks me if I'm psychic, I say "sometimes" and move on to something else. :)

Also, if you say you're psychic, it does put people in mind of scam artists. They've given us all a bad name.

I "know" things and I'm given things when I'm the one who is supposed to relay the message to that particular person.

To anyone who says they're not psychic, though,----well, just wait awhile. Keep using the cards. ;)

Debra

The people where I work (I've read for them) believe I am psychic. I believe I'm perceptive.

214red

hmm curious, am i right to sum up the last few posts by saying that its perception that stops some people saying they are psychic?

that seems such a shame, that peoples perception, and the odd arrogant 'psychic' reader is causing people not to use the word.

Grizabella

Too many people, whether they're psychic and have misused their ability for profit through sheer greed, or they're not really psychic (in the respect they'd have people believe) at all, have grabbed the spotlight and made of it something it really isn't meant to be. I don't like being associated with that, for one thing. For another, I think it's a gift given to us all and nothing to be bragged about. Just because we're making use of it and/or honing our ability doesn't make us "all that", as the kids say, and isn't something to shout about any more than the ability to breathe makes us "all that" over anyone else.