Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

Tarot Galadriel

Oh Yaboot what are you doing, not again, your such a bad influence ! lol

Luckily I don't have the thoth, but I adore my Rohrig now its been cut. I must admit the scans look lovely of the clipped Thoth though.

It always amazes me how fab these cards look without borders, so much more vibrant.

Good luck................

hugs
Galadriel

Moonbow

OMG I do not believe it!

Someone take the scissors away from him quick........

This is what stopped me from cutting my Rohrig - I knew I would not stop at one deck. Yab please do not do any more decks - come to your senses!

Scissors are for hair (what am I saying) no.... I take that back - your hair is fine! :p

But do you realise you are cutting off the doorway?

(I admit the depth of colour is much better)

This is the one deck where I quite like 'some' of the keywords. Some of them I just don't get and it makes me look further into the meaning of the card.

STOP!...

No more please!

Little Baron

Hey Moonbow

I have locked my scissors away. Jack the manequin breathes a sigh of relief and stops holding on to his arms and legs!!

He knows me only too well; the person that if unhappy when getting ready in the morning, without thought, hacks the collar or arm off of a top, hehe.

It all reminds me of an episode of the smurfs I watched the other day - where a magic needle was summoned to do all of the sewing for the villiage. Obvioisly, it all went wrong and the needle went beserk, screaming 'neeedddlllee, needddllle, needddllee!!!' and sewed all of the smurfs to their beds and unpicked the roofs of their mushroom houses.

Seriously, I am more happy with the Thoth than my hair, which does need a blooming good cut. My Thoth has sat in the cupboard for close to a year without being pulled out once. I looked at it the other day and then put it back. The keywords and grey colouring stopped me from getting to it, but as I hacked away today, it felt like I was giving it a whole new life.

Moonbow, I will stop now, hehe. But I now have a bootiful little pocket deck that fits into my wallet.

Nightmare's over!

Yaboot (wink!!!)

Attachments

• finished.bmp
    191.7 KB · Views: 832

lark

Kind of like giving OL" Aleister a vasectomy.
Hummm I think I like that.

Moonbow

lark said:
Kind of like giving OL" Aleister a vasectomy.
Hummm I think I like that.

*giggles* I like that too Lark.... :D

Little Baron

Moonbow* said:
*giggles* I like that too Lark.... :D

Does that mean I am forgiven Moonbow??? Can I have my scissors back now??? I have just noticed a a couple of alterations that could be made to the Universal Wai.......snip! The mischievous little clown skips off into the nightime, accompanied by his shiny and trusty chainsaw .........

Moonbow

No....

No sharp scissors for you Yaboot.. you get those nice plastic ones with the round ends so that you cannot do any damage to any more decks.

But what concerns me about the Thoth IS the borders. That grey colouring you mention is supposed to be a doorway to each card (so I have been told). If you had any left you could see this....

(but they DO look much better - I have to admit. The colours are so much bolder)

Anna

oh wow, they look FANTASTIC!!!

Can I lend your scissors please? :D (sssh, don't tell moonbow*)

Flavio

Yaboot001 said:
Seriously, I am more happy with the Thoth than my hair, which does need a blooming good cut. My Thoth has sat in the cupboard for close to a year without being pulled out once. I looked at it the other day and then put it back. The keywords and grey colouring stopped me from getting to it, but as I hacked away today, it felt like I was giving it a whole new life.

The attached picture seemed pretty much like a crime scene :D all this "cut away the borders" trend doesn't seem to appeal to many AT members including me (by now :)) but I see it as one more ritual to personalize a deck, like selecting the perfect bag, put under moonlight or burying it.

Yaboot001, let us know later your experiences with your Thoth after its plastic surgery :)

catti

Yaboot-
what do the backs look like? one thing that has stopped me on some of my Lo Scaraveo decks is that the art on back will be messed up........but given how much i dislike the border it might be worth it...hmmmmmmm.

and bump this thread in a few months and let us know how the edges have fared...