Anyone following the Laci Peterson case?

dadsnook2000

Interested but a lack of dates/times ??

Hello. I have been following this situation -- it has flooded our national news broadcasts, making it unadvoidable. My astrological interest is in the area of predictions. I use precessed Solar Return methodologies. The lack of a specific "time" for any of the event sequences has been frustrating, although this is due to the events themselves. How do you know the time Laci met her demise? There was no single moment of discovery of the remains -- first sonar locating, then a loss, then the remains of the baby, then of Laci. Even the arrest moment has not been reported that I know of.
I had success in predicting the identificatio and then capture of the DC snipers using the time of the first recognized shooting and the start of the latest Gulf war using the Use of Force Authorization by Congress. We're lost without a given time. Thats where Tarot comes in, for me. A little more vague in terms of time but more adaptable. Timing of events is where Astrology shines best -- we may differ on interpretation but timing is often very specific. I hope we get some more data in the coming days. I look forward to working with all of you on this and other events. Dave.

Minderwiz

Yes, I agree with you. Without some reasonably accurate timings it becomes very difficult to come up with an event chart. I think this is one of the times when Tarot comes into its own.

Failing that we are back to hazarding readings from return charts, Personal New Moon and Full Moon charts or similar (assuming we can find the latest occurance prior to her death) and these may indicate possibilities but I doubt that they would give any really firm basis for conclusions.

I find this case really interesting (though rather horrific) - it sort of tantalises the Astrologer into making an attempt at a reading.

Astraea

Dates and times

Hopefully, firmer data will emerge at Scott Peterson's trial; until then, we are limited by very speculative dates and times. I have been able to locate a few timed events associated with this case.

Laci was last heard from at 8:30 PM PST on December 23, 2002, when she telephoned her mother, Sharon Rocha. Laci phoned her mother from her home in Modesto, California (37N38, 120W59); Sharon Rocha lives minutes away in Escalon, California (37N48, 121W00). Modesto Police Chief Roy Wasden states that there was "no credible sighting" of Laci after that time. The source for this time and date is Sharon Rocha.

Sharon Rocha reported that she received a telephone call from Scott Peterson "shortly after 5:15 PM" PST on December 24, 2002, in which he told her that Laci was missing. The call was placed from Peterson's home in Modesto.

The Modesto police received a call from Scott Peterson at 5:45 PM PST on December 24, 2002, in which Peterson told police that he had not seen his wife since 9:30 AM of that day. The source for this information is Modesto Police Chief Roy Wasden.

Police Chief Wasden announced at a press conference on April 18, 2003 that Scott Peterson had been arrested that day "between 11 AM and noon" PDT in San Diego, CA (32N43, 117W09).

dadsnook2000

Birth data for Laci Peterson

Lois Rodden's Astrodatabank has posted birth data for Laci Peterson. This supports some astrology detective work. The given data: Born May 4, 1975 at 04:44 PDT, Modesto, CA (37N38, 120W59) I will be on vacation for almost two weeks, but will follow up on this thread at that time. Dave.

dadsnook2000

Natal Chart data for Laci

Lois Roden's Astrodatabank has published Laci Peterson's birth data.
*** NATAL: MC 6 Cap, ASC 11 Aries, Sun 13 Taurus, Moon 27 Aq., Mercury 0 Gemini, Venus 23 Gemini, Mars 17 Pisces, Jupiter 11 Aries, Saturn 14 Cancer, Uranus 29 Libra, Neptune 11 Sag., Pluto 6 Libra, Node 2 Sag.
*** TRANSITS FOR 23/24 DEC. 2002: Sun 2 Cap., Moon around 9 Leo, Mercury 21 Cap., Venus 16 Scorpio, Mars 14 Scorpio, Jupiter 17 Leo, Saturn 25 Gemini, Uranus 25 Aq., Neptune 9 Aq., Pluto 17 Sag., Node 8 Gemini.
*** QUICK COMMENTS: Venus & Mars transits opposite natal Sun, Saturn transits over natal Venus, Transiting Sun crosses natal MC, Uranus approaches a conjunction with natal Moon.
Dave.

dadsnook2000

Solar Return Chart for Laci Peterson

I have run Solar Return charts for 2002 and 2003, spanning the apparent murder date of Dec. 23/24, 2002 for Laci Peterson.
*** NOTE that I use precession corrected Solar Returns instead of typical tropical Solar Returns. The LST for all Solar Returns (precessed and tropical both) advance some six hours each year which (in effect) advances the Sun's house position accordingly. When the angles are precessed from the prior LST to the following LST for the intermediate event date (murder) you get a precessed cyclic chart based on the ever-moving Solar Return cycle. In this case the following data is given: MC at 28 Virgo, ASC at 11 Sag., Sun at 2 Cap., Moon at 9 to 23 Leo, Mercury at 21 Capricorn, Venus at 16 Scorpio, Mars at 14 Scorpio, Jupiter at 17 Leo, Saturn at 25 Gemini, Uranus at 25 Aq., Neptune at 9 Aq., Pluto at 17 Sag., Node at 8 Gemini.
*** COMMENTS: The precessed ASC conjuncts natal Neptune, Pluto is 6 degrees away at 17 Sag. and squares natal Mars at 17 Pisces. The ASC-to-MC arc, mirrored towards the DSC angle, is called (by me) the Co-Descendant and is at 15 Cancer. THIS IS WHERE OTHERS WALK INTO YOUR LIFE UNINVITED. Natal Saturn is here at 14 Cancer, and squaring natal Jupiter at 11 Aries. Natal Pluto is in the power zone at 6 Libra, just 8 degrees ahead of the MC angle. Neptune on the ASC angle is what Cyril Fagan called "French Leave" -- disappearing, a sudden trip or vacation, a loss of expectations. (James Hoffa, the Teamser union leader, disappeared with this configuration). Saturn at the defined CD angle equates to a new place of residence ir death in many of the charts I have on file -- in any case a situation of constraints or structure comes into play. Pluto square Mars with ASC and IC involved -- have several charts on file where serious fights, death and suicide have ocurred. WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE IN USING SOLAR RETURNS is that the angles are very active and that the planetary energies take on brief but intense roles. Since the angles of precessed Solar Returns advance 1.25 degrees per day (or 5/4 of a full rotation each year) they occupy power zones (angles) only briefly. While they typically express their "book" meanings, they also express all of the natal and life-experience complexs related to the natal chart. Although I don't use signs in terms of inititial Solar Return interpretation, the full sign-house meaning for each natal planet can be used to augment the basic planetary expression.
*** If anyone has an interest in this form of astrology they can contact me within the thread or privately as they feel is appropriate. If I had had the birth data when Laci disappeared and before anything substantive was known, the presence of Neptune at the ASC angle would have clearly suggested water and drowning, loss, disappearance, while Pluto-Mars would have indicated violence, and Saturn severe constriction or change of place. This is interesting to say the least. This was no accident. Dave.

dadsnook2000

Scott's birth data

Astrodatabank has now posted Scott Peterson's birth data: October 27, 1972 at 9:36 AM PDT in San Diego, CA (32N42, 117W09). I'll run a natal chart, then a solar return precessed for Dec. 24th, 2003 when Laci dropped out of sight.
*** OK, those that posted to this thread and complained about not having birth data -- we have it and this case has a lot of time and events yet to develop. So, lets see what we can come up with. Dave.

Minderwiz

Dave,

Thanks for the information - As you say this case gives us the opportunity to try out our skills.

dadsnook2000

Scott Peterson's chart

Scott was born Oct. 27, 1972 at 9:36 am PDT in San Diego, CA (117W09, 32N42). This yields a chart with the ASC at 5 Sag, the MC at 16 (call it 17) Virgo, Sun at 4:21 Scorpio, Moon 15 Cancer, Mercury 26 Scorpio, Venus 26 Virgo, Mars 17 Libra, Jupiter 4 Cap, Saturn 20 Gemini, Uranus 19 Libra, Neptune 3 Sag, Pluto 3 Libra, NNode 20 Cap.
Neptune at the ASC is semi-square Mars; Mars is in opposition to Chiron at 14 Aries and square Moon & Nodal axis. Jupiter and Pluto are square. Sun is at 30 degrees from Pluto, Neptune and 60 degrees from Jupiter with no basic hard aspects. Leaving out the Nodal axis and Chiron, this chart is basically a "bowl" type with a focus on the public experience emptying into the private life.
Using "planetary containment" for interpretation we can note a few interesting factors: UR-SUN-MER a strong drive to express and experience his world according to his rules and perceptions, but may have difficulty communicating with others. MER-NEP-JUP What he learns and sees is idealistically processed to build a grand set of expectations and goals. Can procrastinate if goals are not or may not be achieved. PLUTO-MARS-UR is troubling -- compulsiveness, intensity, sudden actions carried out to bring control into ones life.
*** I'll offer my thoughts on Scott's precessed Solar Return in another post. Dave.

dadsnook2000

Scotts precessed Solar Return

I have used precessed Solar Returns for almost 30 years as they provide an acute picture due to their effective timing and focus on angular planet influence. On the surface these charts appear simplistic but they can be compared to a two-card or three-card spread where the interaction of just a few factors can provide a deep and sophisticated interpretive framework.
The 2002 solar return (precession corrected) has an ASC at 0 Virgo and MC at 28 Tarus. Angularity is weak: Uranus approaching the DSC at 24 Aquarius, Jupiter above the ASC at 16 Leo. Precessing the angles forward for 57 days to Laci's "last seen" date, the ASC moves to 3 Scorpio, the MC to 8 Leo (the angles move about 1.25 degrees per day on average). Now, we see a more acute picture.
*** Neptune/t is exactly on the IC, Sun/n is on the ASC angle, Moon is at/passing the MC angle. Natal Sun at ASC signifys strong self action, an expression of will (while transiting Sun would speak of legal/authoritative action against the individual). Moon at MC brings a strong emotional mood to how one deals with life or with women in ones life. Response brings scrutiny from others. Neptune at the IC suggests hysteria, scrambled views and actions, aloneness in a crowd. We can look at the natal chart to see how SUN, MOON, NEPTUNE might tend to be most obviously expressed based on habits and basic personality. Moon is in the 8th in Cancer; emotionally tied/driven by the values of others and need to share/understand the values of others. SUN in the 11/12th in Scorpio suggests deeply felt values and personal issues tied to acceptance by peers. NEPTUNE at the Asc angle points to a high sensitivity and selectivity about ones environment and experiences. I leave it to each of you to fill this out in detail. MY CONCLUSION: On Dec. 24th (more or less) Scott took strong self-determined action to address inner convictions (and illusions) that were driven by emotional conflicts about his goals and wishes. There probably were holiday tensions, confusion over what a new family would entail, changes in how Laci was interacting with him, an inability to communicate his own thoughts and convice Laci to adapt to his feelings. Dave.