What's happening to Scorpio?

Belladonna

No, no. You are not rambling at all. I have a basic understanding of the astrological signs and planets, but when it comes to aspects I am reduced to looking them up in my LLewellyn's Planetary Guide!

I just wanted to take this opportunity to express how much it touches my heart to know people like you, Minderwiz, in this small way. Who else would I talk to about "electric" impulses driving me crazy for days on end?! I am very grateful for your kindness and expertise.

Minderwiz

Belladonna

Thank you - but I think I was rambling a bit - because I sort of replied in parts rather than in a considered way.

Trying to be as considered as I can, this is what happened.

Saturday the 5th - Venus apporaches and perfects a square to its natal position. Natally you have Venus square Mars, so the square from transiting Venus also sets off your Venus / Mars square and wakes up Mars. You begin to be aware of it in the three to four hours up to perfection of the aspect.

Normally things should die down over a similar sort of time - or at least by the following day. However in this case You have transiting Venus going on to conjunct Natal Mars - so Mars is aware that something else is coming. Moreover you also have Transiting Uranus coming up to a trine with Natal Mars.

The following day, the sixth, Venus conjuncts Mars, giving and extra twist to the already awake Mars /Venus natal square. Mars to gets the tweek.

Later on that day - around 9 pm the already aroused Mars is trined by Uranus - the trine is an easy aspect and energy quickly flows. Uranus' is the ruler of electricity, so in a way Mars gets a lot of electrical energy 'dumped' on him, with little or no resistance. The already awake Mars is now really 'throbbing' with energy and passing this on through your natal Mars / Venus square.

The transit of Uranus is the major one of these three being by the heavier planet and the longer lasting but Mars had already been sensitised by the Venus aspects and so was more receptive to the effects of Uranus. Also you recently had a Mars return - around 23rd June - so Mars was conjoined by itself at that point.

What's more you natally have Mars trine to Uranus - since you were born Uranus has moved from Scorpio to Pisces. So as well as awakening the Mars / Venus square the whole experience awakens your natal Mars / Trine square, so even more 'electricity' is flowing. Both the Mars / Venus square and the Mars / Uranus trine are fairly tight - just over a degree separation on each.

Venus rules your sixth House of ill health - or imbalances in your health. Thus there's a good chance some of the effect will be found in a change in your overall balance of health. Indeed with Libra on the cusp of the sixth, health problems tend to be due literally to imbalances - in this case an imbalance in your electrical energy. What is more the ruler of Mars in your natal chart, The Moon is also transiting your sixth House. Mars is in Cancer a sign associated with female sexuality, Mars is also associated with the sex drive so some of the symptoms that you experienced are a heightened awareness of other people, especially men. You also need to realise that Mars is actually quite strong in Cancer - it has traditional dignity as the ruler of Water signs for night births, and it also has dignity in the first six degrees of the sign. Indeed your Mars is as strong in Cancer as the Moon would be. Your Venus is in its own sign of Libra so the square is quite a powerful one.

Transiting Uranus is actually retrograde - so it will station Direct and then retrace its steps over Mars, though it will be March next year by the time it makes it!

Belladonna

Minderwiz, wow, you really know your stuff. And you explained it in a way that I understood it. That's quite fascinating. It felt just how you described, especially the part about Mars getting all this electricity dumped on it. I felt like I was overloading and needed to polarize onto someone else!

Thankfully, I didn't really notice any other symptoms of ill health, but I know what you are talking about. For me, ill health always manifests as an imbalance, usually too much stress triggers something. Sometimes it comes out as insomnia.

I'm still pretty taut, electrically, psychically, sexually, but thankfully nothing nearly as bad as that one night (although my dreams continue to borderline the x-rated. Am I allowed to say that here?)

Could you make one thing more clear to me before I stop bothering you? The last thing you mentioned, about Uranus being in retrograde, and stationing Direct and it being March of next year before it makes it. How is that going to affect me? Is this going to continue for a year? Or is it that I may go through this again, next March?

Thank you for your time, Minderwiz! Much love to you!

Minderwiz

I'll have a look for you and get back

With Libra ruling your sixth Cusp health issues will be due to imbalances - don't forget that Libra is the sign of balance. Imbalances are likely to show up as issues relating to the kidneys, small of the back, groin and bladder.

Moongold

Minderwiz and Belladonna,

This has been quite a thrilling thread as the story unfolded. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Minderwiz there was a similar dialogue some months ago between you and Astraea in relation to an event inwhich your wife and your grandmother, I think, were involved and which so generously shared with us.

Why thrilling? A strange occurrence traced back through the events in the heavens in the finest detail. The story unfolds and the process provides concrete evidence of the mysterious truth of astrology.

Minderwiz

Thank you Moongold,

I think there's a little mileage left in this one - I really need to work out what will happen when Uranus returns next year!

In doing so, I'm likely to look at a minimum of two branches of Astrology - the first being the transits and progressions for that period. The second -- which I only though of this morning - Belladonna asked me a question, so I could try to answer it using Horary Astrology. This might well be a more certain approach.

As you say it can be a thrilling experience to see the links between those celestial movements and events here on Earth.

Minderwiz

I forgot to ask Belladonna a question

Did you experience anything remotely similar around May 9th / 10th ?

This is the time when the Uranus / Mars trine was first perfected with Uranus in direct motion. Uranus went retrograde in June and the trine that caused the trouble was with Uranus retrograde.

The final trine which will actually occur on February 16th next year will again be direct. It is not unusual to 'miss' the first time of the aspect, become aware at the second and then learn the lesson at the third in such circumstances where a planet changes motion.

This suggests that the lesson is fairly important!

Another question occurs to me as well - this isn't so important for the transits so I haven't mentioned it before. Your Ascendant comes out as Taurus - which would obviously strengthen the Venus link. However it is in the very last minute of Taurus, so if your birth was even a minute after 5:00 then you would be Gemini rising. Could you have been born just after 5:00?

This will not affect the transits or even Venus' rulership of the sixth but it perhaps makes a difference to the significance of Venus (and Mercury) in any reading.

Belladonna

It's possible I did experience something similar in May, but I don't remember the date and it wouldn't have been as strong as it was this time. It seems to me that two to three times a year this happens, usually to a much lesser degree.

And yes, it certainly is possible that I was born slightly after 5:00. Would that make my rising sign Gemini? That would feel more right to me as well.

In fact, I have a friend who is much more adept at astrology than I am. On one of our first meetings she asked me if I was a Gemini. She said I LOOKED like one!

Belladonna

Minderwiz, I've been thinking...What do you mean by lesson? Do you mean like a karmic lesson? Is there something, a pattern, I'm repeating unaware of how I'm stuck in it? Is this particular astrological formation trying to wake me up? Jolt me into awareness?

Or am I supposed to learn to recognize how the planets affect me, and perhaps use that energy in a positive, helpful way?

Minderwiz

There is a school of thought that says we are more likely to physically have the characteristics of our rising signs, rather than our Sun signs - so if you look like a Gemini then that could be evidence that you are a Gemini rising.

If you experience this, even to a lesser degree, two or three times a year then Uranus is not the prime cause but is a major intensifier this time round. The prime cause is in one of the faster moving planets and that could well be Mercury or Venus, which take just under a year to complete their circuits of the Zodiac.

Mars and outwards take longer so they shouldn't create a regular pattern within a year (though it is possible that the cycle just happens to be around a year at the moment. Without detailed records of dates and times its difficult to pinpoint).

On lessons - yes it could be Karmic its definitely a life lesson, something that is important. With Uranus that tends to revolve around change and individuation, perhaps being more your own person.