libra man

nimbo

I'm confused as to whether a Scorpio woman or a
Pisces woman is more worthwhile for a Libra man. Are either compatible? Are both women too emotional for Libra. Is Libra too aloof for both? And why, why, why? I'm asking because most books I have read on the matter are too formal for my taste. I'm clear on how they match up, but I'd like to have some opinions from you guys in addition. I'm sure I'll like your answers a lot more anyway. Thanks...............NIMBO

dadsnook2000

Choices

A LIBRA man would fine a SCORPIO woman more "worthwhile" than a PISCES woman -- Scorpion being in the Libran's 2nd sun-sign house of value and posessions, Pisces being in the Libran's 6th house of service and skills applied. That being said, it is still too simplistic an evaluation to give or to make a decision upon. There has to be a lot more consideration given to a great many other factors, astrological and non-astrological. In essence, your question can't be truly answered well. Dave.

nimbo

Really?

Wow Dave! Are you sure? Is there any way to make this more simplistic? I mean would you need birth dates and years or is this just a lost cause for me?

Minderwiz

Dave is right

There are actually more Scorpios than there are Australians and more Libras than there are Americans - if someone said would an 'Australian woman be right for an American man?' what would your reaction be? :) :)

You cannot go from Sun sign alone - it is one factor amongst many. It is possible to assess character from a complete natal chart and it is possible to compare characters and talk about compatibility, it is even possible to advise on whether a relationship will work or not and under what conditions but as well as the Astrological factors there are other ones:

More 'worthwhile' for what? Are you looking for a long term marriage till your both old and grey but still revel in each others company- the factors that you are looking for there would be different from 'worthwhile' for a one night stand, where you might be concerned about passion levels.

However there is one point which whilst it seems a bit PC is still extremely important here. What about her feelings and needs? If you are considering a long term relationship, or indeed any meaningful relationship, you also need to realise that it takes two equal people because you are creating something more than just an extension of yourself, you are creating a new entity - the relationship of two people joined as one and what you bring to him is just as important as what he brings to you, both Astrologically and in human relationship terms.

Here endeth today's sermon - but think carefully on what you are looking for.

Sterlyn

I have to chuckle about about this post. My SO is a Libra man and I am a Leo woman, we get along extremely well. When we met it never occured to me to ask about his sign. However I later found out that he did look into it and according to someone Libra and Leo are extremely compatible. But then it could also be that he is surrounded by Leo women, his mother, aunt, daughter and my mother (a friend of his long before I knew him). I think he likes Leo women, but heaven knows we can be difficult to deal with at times.

So surely there must be more than 2 signs that are compatible with Libra men. Just a thought.

purplefishy

I think that certain signs have compatibility with others, up to a certain point. Sure, everyone is different, and you have to look at the entire chart, not just the sun sign, but it has largely worked for me in the past. Keep in mind, that just because Pisces and Scorpio (for example) are traditionally compatible signs, doesn't mean your relationship will last forever- you might just have a slightly easier time of it than say, with a Leo or something. (Do I speak from experience? why yes I do!) Overall, not a bad question to ask, but as a Pisces woman I don't know if I could really answer your question, as i'm not familiar with many Libras.
I hope it works out for you!

dadsnook2000

Compatibility

Sun sign compatibility (to the degree it can be applied) is typically seen as signs in sextile and trine relationship, while conjunctions and squares are considered as less desireable. Oppositions can go either way. HOWEVER in actual practice people don't seem to follow sun-sign advice. Virgos and Sag seem attracted to each other in some perverse way -- perhaps they like to fight. There are a lot of broken rules around. When you really look into the full natal chart then the reasons become clearer. Sun sign astrology just can't carry a load past the newspaper columns as a rule. Dave.
*** PS, I will start a thread about "What if you were born a day earlier or later."

Minderwiz

Dave,

I agree with you that Newspaper columns have a lot to answer for :)

Sagittarius and Virgo are mutables, so they may well be able to adapt to each other (and that might also include Pisces as well).

However its also likely to be true that just as we need the Squares and the Oppositions to act as drivers to action and keep us alive, so relationships also need some drivers to keep them alive. Total trines in everything might simply lead to everything having been experienced in a few days or months and there is no square or opposition to drive for the introduction and development of new experiences. So perhaps when we look for the promise of the relationship we need to look for a mix of aspects, 'easy' and 'hard'.

Look forward to your forthcoming thread

nimbo

Thanks everyone for all the helpful facts & stuff..........I guess this means I'll just have to live this one out, huh? It was worth a try. And Minderwiz you are right ( and funny), thanks for sharing your awareness......NIMBO

nimbo

Dave, why the P.S.?