study group introduction

isthmus nekoi

nope! We've only done Scorpio and Sagittarius and will be moving to Capricorn shortly. So it will be awhile before we do Cancer!

isthmus nekoi

reposted from aqu thread

I've been noticing a drop in ppl posting - if this group is moving too fast again, please speak out! I think we can all empathize when astrological language quickly becomes too dense or cumbersome. Don't be afraid to ask for translations into normal English :) Also, pls don't feel pressured to post long winded essays like me!! (Of course, if you're all busy, I hope you'll join us again later on ^_^)

Jenny-Li

How do I best jump in? Can I? Where do I start?

I know absolutely NOTHING about astrology - but I want to learn, seriously, not from the bestselling crap-litterature in the subject...

(I'm also in a Swedish group for astrology, just joined, but already I'm seeing them focus on verbose-but-shallow litterature that I want to keep as far away from as I possibly can... :rolleyes: )

Can I start here, or do I need a basic platform to get started...?

Jenny - confused but curious :)

isthmus nekoi

Hi Jenny, welcome to the group! Since the group has been on for 1/2 a year now, you will need some basic astrology knowledge under your belt to understand some of the posts. ie. be able to define aspects, know the correspondences b/w signs, planets and houses. However, the group is always open to beginner's questions :) There are also a lot of great resources out there that are definetely not superficial to get you started, some of which I believe are mentioned on this thread. If you have any more questions, just shoot!

Jenny-Li

Thank you! I'm expecting my first book for astrology study next week, am eagerly waiting for it to start my learning journey...! :)

Jenny :)