What makes us choose the cards we choose in readings ?

SunChariot

I've been meaning to ask this Q for a while now....

I have my own theory on this, but before i give mine... im interested to know what other people think is the reason as to what enables us to choose the cards we choose....more so on reading for others, especially on a site like this, where readers will be reading for other people who are situated at different ends of the earth to them.

Maybe this is why i've got the signature i have ;)

My personal believe is God, the angels, the Divine.

That is basically how I believe Tarot works, at least for me. You close of your thoughts, open up inside and these impulses come to you (intuition) that let you FEEL which cards to pick and what they are MEANT to mean. It comes when you close down thought, open up and LISTEN for them and follow them. These, it is my believe, are sent from the Divine. And that the world we live in WANTS us to know the answers we seek. They are not hidden from us. We just have to ask and listen.

For me anyway it's not so much something that we ourselves tap into or connect to. We have to close down our thoughts so that it can contact us and tell us what we need to know. We just have to open up inside so that it can reach us.

Babs

Rosewater

I've read the above comments and they all seem possible. For me, I'm content that Tarot works enough of the time for it to be valuable to me and those I read for. I'm not sure that knowing exactly how and why would make me a better reader. So I'll let the mystery be. Destiny put the cards in my hands, and it's up to me to trust that and proceed from there.

Still, it's fascinating to read people's ideas.