WHICH CARD = INFORMATION

kika_meow

I would go with the Page of Sword and from the Major as you said: Hierophant or High Priestess. Even the lovers since its astrological correspondent is Geminis and its planet is Mercury (the planets of ideas and intellect), but in this case could be two or more sources of information that are confusing to the querent.

EvaSegovia

Yes, I can see the Lovers as two conflicting sources of info for sure. The Page of Swords, for me, appears to be someone who is determined to GET AT the truth/information. I'm having a hard time with anything beyond that... Strength, Arcange, if you're still watching, can you help me with the "info found online/gossip" interpretations? I'm using the RWS

Carojulie

Hello Eva,
I would go with tthe Ace of swords.
All other cards are more related to what you do with the info, or how the info arrives. The ace is the primary notion of information for me.

Esk

I'd say the ace of swords too, I can't think of a better card for an information. Plus this ace clarifies your mind. Learning an information can bring you a better understanding of something.

arcange

Yes, I can see the Lovers as two conflicting sources of info for sure. The Page of Swords, for me, appears to be someone who is determined to GET AT the truth/information. I'm having a hard time with anything beyond that... Strength, Arcange, if you're still watching, can you help me with the "info found online/gossip" interpretations? I'm using the RWS

The page of Swords came as gossip in readings I've done. It has become a personal meaning for this card. Not always has it been gossip but often, yes. The first time I didn't read it that way but in hindsight the gossip element was blatant. It was clear the information was shared with hurtful intent.

I've also seen the Page of Swords as sharing information on social media. Specifically tweets. If you look at the RW page of Swords there are little birds in the sky.

"A little bird told me so." Is one of those lines gossipy people use.

IndigoWaves

Another vote for the Ace of Swords, here. It's the most frequent "pay attention: new data" card for me.

Carojulie

Hello Eva,
I would go with tthe Ace of swords.
All other cards are more related to what you do with the info, or how the info arrives. The ace is the primary notion of information for me.

Hi,

I am having second thoughts : I think that all four Aces could mean information. The three other Aces would pertain to information of a particular nature (Ace of pents : info relating to health, or to real estate, or to work ; Ace of cups : info relating to art or to love ; Ace of wands : info relating to career, to promotion - those are just examples of course !)
Only the Ace of Swords would mean any information, all information whatever the kind and media. But any other Ace could also mean information, depending on the context.

Barleywine

Hi,

I am having second thoughts : I think that all four Aces could mean information. The three other Aces would pertain to information of a particular nature (Ace of pents : info relating to health, or to real estate, or to work ; Ace of cups : info relating to art or to love ; Ace of wands : info relating to career, to promotion - those are just examples of course !)
Only the Ace of Swords would mean any information, all information whatever the kind and media. But any other Ace could also mean information, depending on the context.

I certainly agree here, but the Ace of Swords seems like "unconditional information," which is why I used the term "raw data." The other suits apply conditions to the core idea.

Carojulie

I certainly agree here, but the Ace of Swords seems like "unconditional information," which is why I used the term "raw data." The other suits apply conditions to the core idea.
Yes exactly ! that is exactly what I meant. "Raw data" for Ace of swords is excellent description !

EvaSegovia

First off, after sleeping on it, I totaly see the Page of Swords as gossip! A VERY sharp tongue! And yes - the birds make total sense in terms of social media (Tweet!) Thanks for adding insight Arcange It ALL rings true for me now. Also, after sleeping on it, I totally see Strength's interpretation of the Page of Swords as info online as well. Can't you just see the Page flipping through the PAGES!?! :) Oh this is FUN!
On another note, I'm really glad there's so much support for the Ace of Spades... As I mentioned earlier, it was just the card I was looking for in this particular context. Thanks everyone. You're all awesome!