Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 307 : June 17 - June 23

Amberjune

Medicine Woman Tarot with Earthbound Oracle for me this week.

Blessings to everyone [emoji177]

Luxa

Thanks AJ, my hug fits perfectly! :)

The Victorian Fairy tarot has came into my life like a breath of fresh air! Its so light and airy, at least, that's my first impression after looking through the deck. The poems in the book are adorable too. I'm going to enjoy digging into it.

I feel like I have water in my mermaid tarot, earth in the Chrysalis and now air in the Victorian Fairy.

Scarlet, I love it when tarot does things like that too!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! :)

DaughterOfDanu

I'm going to focus on the Herbal Tarot and the Herbal Healing Deck for my DotW. I'm feeling called to work more with plant familiars and plant archetypes this week.

Morwenna

Oh what the heck. In for a penny, in for a dollar. I have 2 decks that I haven't even opened yet, the Fairy and the Gnomes, both by the same artist, and a book for the Fairy, and I'm going to jump in with all feet! :D

Rose Lalonde

Tabula Mundi's creator posted an in depth look at the 4 Princesses recently. Good timing, since the Princess of Wands was my most recent draw. Still enjoying this deck every day. Never had another like it, and I'm thankful she published it.

--

Rose Lalonde, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

I am very sorry Rose. I hope this new week ans summer time will bring you soothing. Hugs to you.

Thank you, Luxa. Thanks Carojulie. ♥

Thanks too for general hugs and blessings on this thread. Such a friendly group. As AJ said, everybody could use a hug. Best wishes to all for this week.

Trogon

Hermetic Tarot; first impressions

So, I used the Hermetic Tarot for my usual, daily self-reading on my eating issues. It is a beautiful deck. I love the contrast of the complex images (lots of details) with the simplicity of it being a black and white deck.

I had some difficulty shuffling it, the edges didn't want to slide across each other very well, but I suspect that will go away with some use.

I had done a "new deck" reading with it earlier when I first bought it. That can be seen here if you're interested. The upshot is that I think this deck will be a very good one for exploring the deep areas of one's life which are difficult, and painful to explore.

Excellent deck so far!

EmpyreanKnight

I shall also be using the Golden Universal Tarot and the Kabbalah Cards (oracle) for a load of readings this week. Wish me luck!

lantana

Too late to change my mind? I keep finding myself drawn to the Slow Holler tarot instead, I'm just not in the right headspace for the Idiosyncradeck right now.

lantana - Slow Holler Tarot & Prisma Visions Tarot

Luxa

Well the Victorian Fairy is a cheeky little deck! Just for fun i asked it how my bath would go, 4 of summer jumped (a fairy relaxing by a lake) and I pulled the goblin market (devil) - pure indulgence!

Exactly the kind of answer I'd expect from the Victorian Fairies :-D And they were right :p

The book is just lovely too, my mum was having a read of it! She knows nothing about tarot but she liked it! It's very cute, talks about leaving treats out for the fairies on certain nights, if i remember right. I'm still working my way through it.

It's probably the prettiest deck I own. The card backs are just gorgeous. All in all, i love it! Thanks Green Faerie!!

I hope everyone else is getting on well with their decks?

Trogon, your new deck reading with the Hermetic Tarot was interesting - looks like a good challenge!

Trogon

Well the Victorian Fairy is a cheeky little deck! Just for fun i asked it how my bath would go, 4 of summer jumped (a fairy relaxing by a lake) and I pulled the goblin market (devil) - pure indulgence!

Exactly the kind of answer I'd expect from the Victorian Fairies :-D And they were right :p

The book is just lovely too, my mum was having a read of it! She knows nothing about tarot but she liked it! It's very cute, talks about leaving treats out for the fairies on certain nights, if i remember right. I'm still working my way through it.

It's probably the prettiest deck I own. The card backs are just gorgeous. All in all, i love it! Thanks Green Faerie!!

This sounds like a fun deck. The images I've looked at (so far, just the ones on the AT list of decks), are light and rather cheery. I am wondering what some of the "darker" cards might look like; such as the tower, 9 and 10 of Swords and so forth. I do like The Chariot in this deck.

I hope everyone else is getting on well with their decks?

Trogon, your new deck reading with the Hermetic Tarot was interesting - looks like a good challenge!

It is a very interesting deck to work with. The fact that the images have no color has me thinking more about the progression of issues through the suits and working with the elements more than I might otherwise. The lack of color has me filling it in, to an extent, with my intuition and this seems to open things in a different way than when the colors are already there. I remember this from working the with Light and Shadow Tarot as well. It changes things a bit for you.