Virgos

Minderwiz

I agree with you about Stereotypes. That's why we shouldn't jump to conclusions about people before we've seen the whole chart and integrated all the information in it.

Your Dad clearly had some Virgo in him but there was a lot more than that to the whole man. And with respect you do have some Virgo in you - we all do. Part of your natal chart lies in Virgo (as does everyone elses) and in that area of life you will exhibit some Virgo characteristics. This might well be a minor part of your character but it is still there.

In my case Virgo is on the cusp of my second House. I used to be extremely meticulous about possessions and money. Now I tend to worry about money, the meticulous side having subsided somewhat :) I do tend to bring Virgo characteristics to the way in which I learn skills or apply talents. Its not something that is upfront but it is there.

isthmus nekoi

^_^ I don't have any Virgo planets, and I'm quite the opposite: keeping things neat but *never* knowing where anything is :p

I think all the signs get the bad stereotyping every now and then.... Capricorns are evil capitalists, Cancers are moody crybabies, Aries are self centered egoists, Scorps are just... plain psycho...... of course, there are the positive stereotypes too.... Capricorns are ambitious enterpreneurs, Cancers are nurturing and protective, Aries are brave leaders, and Scorps are drop dead sexy! etc etc

paradoxx

Im a solar Gemini, but im a rising virgo with my ruling planet Mercury in retro (mercury rules me both in solar and accendign energies). Im a walking chaos factory, i work with words like clay and mold giant castles i later destroy. I am contantly talking to myself like a gemini but i only do so in certain ways like a virgo. I appear boring and simple like a virgo, but i cover a wide expance of topice like a Gemini. My mind is so attuned to detail thanks to this wonderful combindation (and lots of stamina with Mars in Gemini) and fine asthetic sense (so ive been told as reaffirmed by Venus in Cancer). With Leo as my 12th house, my undoing is my abilities to lead, as well as the details of leading since the first 2 degrees of virgo are also in my 12th house. Depending on which house system you go by there are numerous points of interest in my chart, but it boils down the fact that both Gemins and Virgos have a tendancly to be high strung and when out of control of their environments, those environments look like they've been hit wiht a tornado/twister/hurricane (it varies) just so that they can (painstakingly) organize it even better.

Me, i'm a firm beliver that order and disorder are opposites and chaos lies between.

tanis

THANKS

Thank you for replying I was born in The john racliff hospital in oxford(City of dreaming spires) and 1:23 on september the 20th. i don't know the co-ordinates though. =:?}

Minderwiz

No problem I have the coordinates for Oxford in the Atlas in my Astrology prog. Howerver I do have a query -

1:23 am or 1:23 pm?

firemaiden

Minderwiz said:
I agree with you about Stereotypes. That's why we shouldn't jump to conclusions about people before we've seen the whole chart and integrated all the information in it.

...or ever.

isthmus nekoi

good point firemaiden! The worst thing you could do w/a natal chart is set your interpretation in stone. The problem w/stereotypes I find is not the typing itself, but the rigidity that can come w/it.

Minderwiz

Firemaiden,

Sorry I posted that slightly tongue in cheek and it obviously didn't come across as such.

The natal chart shows the potential of the person - whether they achieve that potential or not is not in the chart. The chart therefore is not the full story. However it does help in understanding and can serve as the basis of a dialogue. A good consideration of the features of the chart will help in understanding a person (but I stress help)

What's more people develop, their development is set out Astrologically in transits and progressions - therefore the unfolding of the potential may to an extent be charted and predicted (again I stress 'to an extent').

However the most important thing point is that charts are complexes, reflecting (but probably simplifying) the complexity of life - to stereotype someone on one component of a highly complex structure is plain wrong.

tanis

times

it's pm sorry i didn't relize i had forgotten the time of day. im sorry. but thanks for all of the replys. =:?)

firemaiden

I vote that the Virgos of the world unite, and change our job description. I vote from now on all the pop astro guide-books of the world rename us sensitive, artistic, soulful people with a love of beauty.