Moon in...

Baby Owl

Minderwiz said:
Also traditionally the Moon is the natural ruler of the twelfth.

Minderwiz, help! I thought Jupiter and/or Neptune were the natural rulers of the 12th house.

isthmus nekoi

Baby Owl said:
Did we do good?

Baby Owl

For sure! The natural rulers... I haven't read up on this 1st hand, but from Minderwiz's posts I think traditionally, planets were associated differently. I remember him saying Saturn was given to the 1st, Venus to the 5th - regardless of the ASC (ie. this is not by sign).

Anyways, good to see you back, Minderwiz!

Minderwiz

Baby Owl,

Sorry tiredness struck on that post LOL

It depends which way you order the planets. The modern ordering is by sign, equating Aries with the first and thus Mars as the ruler of Aires is the 'natural' ruler. This would take you round to Pisces as the natural twelfth sign and Jupiter (or Neptune for modernists) as the natural ruler of the house.

However Classically House rulerships went in the traditional planetary order, starting with Saturn in the first and working through Jupiter second, Mars third, Sun fourth through to Moon ruling the Seventh. It then returned to Saturn eighth, Jupiter ninth, etc.

Being tired when I replied, I forgot that 2 x 7 = 14 and therefore the Moon would not actually rule two houses! The Classical ruler is Venus. Mostly the twelfth in traditional use is the House of self undoing - the area of life where we make cock-ups or get things wrong and the usual form of cock up is because we went for what seems easy or attractive - Venus symbolises what Shakespeare called the 'primrose path of daliance'.

I obviously had a twelfth house problem here because I was deceived by my own desire to answer quickly, without really thinking and thus the result was self deception :(

Artemis Sans

Wow! Who knew I'd generate so much interest? I guess I'll have to begin the cycle of accepting I'm an Aries-Moon. (anger, denial, ect. hehe) You guys really shed some light on the situation, (to use an over-used cliché) and I can't thank you enough.

Smiles!
-Artemis

isthmus nekoi

Artemis, when you get over the denial ;) I'm sure you'll find your Aries moon is lots fun!

Minderwiz, Venus & 12th make a comfortable pair, but sometimes too comfortable!!

Minderwiz

That's the point Isthmus!!!!!!!!

Most of our self undoing flows from our desire to take the easy option (seduced by the Dark Side, Luke!)

Venus also rules the fifth, which amongst other things is our house of fun - so we need to bear in mind 'all things in moderation.'

Baby Owl

Minderwiz said:
It depends which way you order the planets...Classically House rulerships went in the traditional planetary order, starting with Saturn in the first and working through Jupiter second, Mars third, Sun fourth through to Moon ruling the Seventh. It then returned to Saturn eighth, Jupiter ninth, etc.

I did not realize this! Guess I haven't delved into the past enough!

Baby Owl