C'est La Vie Lenormand

MissNine

I've posted a few times before about how I'm rather fond of the Alternate Realities Lenormand by Jeri Totten.

My good friend greatdane just alerted me to a new deck by Jeri, the C'est La Vie Lenormand. I took one look and ordered it immediately. The dark gray backgrounds (greatdane's sharp eyes noticed that it's actually a chalkboard) and the strong, easily-discernible images make this one a winner in my book.

For those who didn't like the card titles on the Alternate Realities, they're still there on the C'est La Vie, but smaller and less obtrusive. And unlike the Alternate Realities, it looks like the C'est La Vie has no astrological symbols and has no option for keywords. (I prefer decks without those things anyway.)

She has some other decks you can see on her site as well, but these are the two that I really like.

Thanks to greatdane for enabling me today! :)
Lee...your and greatdane's posts sold the alternate realities deck for me! I'm a beginner and the words are great for me doing a GT. Just jogs my memory a bit. The C'est la Vie is next on my list!

garmonbozia

But if you look up edging tarot decks online under videos, you'll find Ladybird's :). It's about 18 minutes long.

Thank you! So glad I watched that. I love how the edges of the Antiquarian Lenormand look and have thought about trying to do my own edges with markers.

I probably would have tried to color a whole deck at once and had disasterous results, and now I know not to try that :)

Here's the link to the vid in case anyone else is curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubFyoO9q0Yk

MoonGypsy

Every single deck i have with black borders, i have blackened with
"Sir Marks a Lot"...:D i will be forever grateful to Maree/ladybird for this
video, which i viewed when she originally made it. [last year, i think?]
My decks look ten times better, and no longer suffer from the
dreaded white spot disease. :p i have also sold/traded a few black edged decks
to happy peeps.

ETA: i just read greatdane's post mentioning that the C'est la Vie borders are more
of a dark gray? i am surprised...i will have to go look at the pics again.

ETA 2: Hmmmm...i just viewed the pics on Jeri's website again, and they do look black to me...
They aren't as black as they look in the photo? i was hoping for black borders.

Lee

ETA 2: Hmmmm...i just viewed the pics on Jeri's website again, and they do look black to me...
They aren't as black as they look in the photo? i was hoping for black borders.
I believe the backgrounds are a photograph of a black chalkboard (tip of the hat to greatdane who first noticed it). So it's kind of a dusty black, or black with faint white areas or streaks.

MoonGypsy

I believe the backgrounds are a photograph of a black chalkboard (tip of the hat to greatdane who first noticed it). So it's kind of a dusty black, or black with faint white areas or streaks.

Thanks, Lee. :) Chalk streaks, then? :p i do want to order this deck...i missed
the Spring Sale, though...Hopefully another one will turn up....
Really counting my pennies...;)

MissNine

Got my deck. Only issue is the Lily is marked 8 of Hearts. This is part of a faulty batch from the printer, I'm told.