Filling in your own Tree of Life

hoomer

In addition, while I respect your arrangement as you see fit, I don't understand your logic at times, at least when it comes to procedure. The card meanings in the GD Tree derive from the Tree itself.

except where the cards are placed by numerical value and all the rest is made to fit it....

for example, how does the Sun fit between Mercury and the Moon, Hod and Yesod. What qualities of those make the Sun? Forget about the hebrew junk, the astrology junk.... think about the qualities of Hod
Scinitilation, intellect, the messenger, Raphael(though Michael for some), Glory/Honor

Yesod: the moon, tides, sex, Gabriel, foundation

Yep remove the hebrew, the astrology, the Gods, the pink fluffy bunnys....
how does the SUN go between as a joining energy derived from a mix of two relate to HOD and YESOD? ANswer, it fits because of an arbitrary number....

Or am I barking mad?

Aeon418

for example, how does the Sun fit between Mercury and the Moon, Hod and Yesod.
It expresses the link between the conscious rational intellect (Hod) and the subconscious instinctual nature (Yesod). It's a symbol of the balanced and integrated self and the task of establishing 'right relationship' between those two aspects of the self.

ANswer, it fits because of an arbitrary number....
The placement of the cards only looks arbitrary when approached superficially. At first glance many of the cards seem odd. But dig a little deeper and things start to make a lot of sense.

hoomer

It expresses the link between the conscious rational intellect (Hod) and the subconscious instinctual nature (Yesod). It's a symbol of the balanced and integrated self and the task of establishing 'right relationship' between those two aspects of the self.

The placement of the cards only looks arbitrary when approached superficially. At first glance many of the cards seem odd. But dig a little deeper and things start to make a lot of sense.

Gray places the magician between hod and yesod (the sun between the sun and the moon)

this makes far more sense... mercury for Hermes, magick, intllect

moon for that unconcious, the water temple.....etc

I just dont buy the Sun as marriage of mercurial energy and lunar