Where do you store your tarot cards?

celticnoodle

I keep mine in a variety of places. :laugh:

on the side table beside my chair in the livingroom
in a basket in the livingroom
under my bed in a plastic container
in plastic containers in other rooms.
a few in a huge rubbermade plastic container with a snap tight lid--that I end up putting all my tarot cards and books and other divination tools in before those unbelievers and unaccepting family members and friends arrive for visits. this is kept in my bedroom too.

All my cards are either stored in tarot bags, cardboard boxes that come with the deck--wooden boxes, and plastic boxes. Then I have 'special' purses to carry them with me when I travel. One that will hold not only the deck, but the book as well and a notebook and pen, for when I am reading for a client. Sometimes when I travel, I have larger canvas type bags that can hold anywhere from 3 to 10 decks and a few books as well. It depends on where I am going, and how long I plan to be away.

Crescent

I have been sewing my own Tarot bags, buying small pieces of fabric. I have a large box covered in a satiny brocade that I store all my decks in. Ones that I use, I have in the bags I made, others are in the small cardboard boxes that came with the decks.
I also have made bags large enough to store 2 decks, if I decide to take more than one deck with me to anywhere.
I leave the box in my dining room.
I am not the best of seamstresses, but like what I have created thus far.

Nae Mirier

Most of my decks are in the original flap-top box but they're all stored with my Nag Champa incense in a biggish jewelry box, it's kind of a sea-foam green color with ivory feathers crossing, painted on the top. I recently moved my readings from my small dresser to my desk, even though it's a little too small for the big cards. I'm thinking about making or buying a bag for my Shapeshifter deck because it's being held together with a hair scrunchie since I lost the cardboard box it came in.

Bronwyn1

I'm really bad! My cards are all over the place. Dining room table, coffee table, in my night stand drawer, in my carry bag! They seem to like being out in the open!

Bronwyn

Bronwyn1

Bronwyn1 said:
I'm really bad! My cards are all over the place. Dining room table, coffee table, in my night stand drawer, in my carry bag! They seem to like being out in the open!
Oh, and I also have a small suitcase under my bed full of them, mostly held together with an elastic.

Bronwyn
:love:

Forensic

My cards are in two boxes in my room... And one follows me around (my universal fantasy).

Whitney

I make my own tarot bags, which gets old fast (so tired of doing this!) I have half of my decks stored in a big tin box that used to hold butter cookies. The other half are on the dining table in a plastic blue container that looks like it's for magazines. It's perfect because it's got holes on each side for my hands when I want to pick it up. I keep these decks and books with me on the main floor because they're the ones I'm using at the moment.

aranarose

Most of them I keep in the original box. A few, the boxes got so tattered they became useless, so I crocheted some bags for them. But lately, I've been crocheting special spread cloths with specific meaning and purpose, and have a couple of decks wrapped in those.

Le Fanu

Great find at the flea market today; an exquisite gold laquered Russian box, the perfect size for storing my Russian Tarot of St Petersburg! It has gold vines and pomegranetes painted on the lid. Perfect!

MysticalMoose

Le Fanu said:
Great find at the flea market today; an exquisite gold laquered Russian box, the perfect size for storing my Russian Tarot of St Petersburg! It has gold vines and pomegranetes painted on the lid. Perfect!

ooooooh! :D sounds fab!....any pics ??????? :D