Picture of our reading space/table version 2009 (#2)

HearthCricket

firefrost said:
Were they your new fairy figurines, HearthCricket? How many do you have now?

Those are some of them! I have over 30 now! :D They breed like rabbits!

minrice

What?! Edited to say why haven't I been watching this thread?

I love your amethyst geode Nightgarden! It must be so pretty in candlelight.
What do you keep in your Fairy box in that photo HC? Wait!...let me guess...incense? matches? more crystals?

minrice

Here's mine! Featuring the Shadowscapes cards Taamar gave to me in the 5oP exchange. The flash makes the colors seem a little off, they are actually quite rich!

Mind you this is my tarot table when it is CLEAN, and all set up pretty. It doesn't look like that all the time, it's usually piled high with tarot decks or books.

Attachments

• tarottable.jpg
    tarottable.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 350

HearthCricket

minrice said:
What?! Edited to say why haven't I been watching this thread?

I love your amethyst geode Nightgarden! It must be so pretty in candlelight.
What do you keep in your Fairy box in that photo HC? Wait!...let me guess...incense? matches? more crystals?

I have three fairy boxes. One has runes in it, another has pewter tokens with messages on them, and one on my altar has my soul in it...special stones, amulets, etc. :D

HearthCricket

minrice said:
Here's mine! Featuring the Shadowscapes cards Taamar gave to me in the 5oP exchange. The flash makes the colors seem a little off, they are actually quite rich!

Mind you this is my tarot table when it is CLEAN, and all set up pretty. It doesn't look like that all the time, it's usually piled high with tarot decks or books.

This is lovely, absolutely lovely! I love the prayerful and mystical atmosphere that you have created. Your new goodies are lovely. When the Shadowscapes Tarot comes out, I think I might have to Hermit for a very long time!

Where did you ever get that beautiful Ivory Buddha? I so want one..he is breathtaking!

Morwenna

Nightgarden, that cloth behind your desk is gorgeous! I love the Celtic bedspreads (I assume that is one), but I've never seen that particular pattern, and the color is wonderful!

I too just use the bed; one of these days I'd love to follow some of the examples I've seen here and on the previous thread!

Nightgarden

Briar Rose said:
It would be so worth it to re-finish it. For the scroll work/petals on the front sides you could use 2 different color stains. I wish you lived closer because I am in the mood to do that right now, and I would do it for free for you.

This sounds good to me.
Where do you live? ;)

@Morwenna

Yes, you can use this one as a bedspread or for an altar table.
It is made in India with batik dyeing.

Emylicious

What beautiful reading spaces!

I don't have room for a specific 'space' so I just use whatever is handy - my lap, the bed, the floor!

I'd love to get a pretty tarot mat, but I have no idea where to look - especially a UK based site!

minrice

Pretty Calliope! I ought to have a shrine too, it's very peaceful looking with all that light.