The Barnyard Friends' Tarot idea

Curtis Penfold

WingspreadPhoenix said:
By "original" cards do you mean RWS?

Yes, but that's just my opinion.

Tell you the truth, though, I don't much like cartoony cards. Makes Tarot seem like Pokemon or something.

WingspreadPhoenix

I can give it a try with regular animals, but I don't think I'd want to make a RWS clone with animals. As much as I see a rooster as an "emperor" I just can't see him sitting on a throne. He'd look very out-of-place.

Curtis Penfold

WingspreadPhoenix said:
I can give it a try with regular animals, but I don't think I'd want to make a RWS clone with animals. As much as I see a rooster as an "emperor" I just can't see him sitting on a throne. He'd look very out-of-place.

Agreed...yeah...

A few of the cards work, though. Maybe just having a slight...similar posture, you know what I mean? Like if the rooster was looking straight at you...

No, you know what, you're right. It wouldn't work. Maybe it's cooler just to have an image that looks candid. Here's why I think that:

See, as I start to study Tarot, I see images everywhere I go. It's almost like a spiritual experience. You're capturing that visionary mode that Tarot puts you in by making these images looking natural. It's almost like, "Yeah, I seriously see an emporer when I look at a rooster." You get what I'm saying?

Curtis Penfold

WingspreadPhoenix said:
Uh, I think so... @_@ Natural beauty always shines through...? Or that because it looks more natural it's easy to relate with?

I was thinking more along the lines of, if you make a picture look natural and candid, people will be able to see how Tarot is a way of looking at things. How things that at first seem unrelated, are actually very related. I don't know if I'm making sense. I'm trying to present a poetic idea.

But I like your High Priestess! Very fun.

WingspreadPhoenix

Curtis Penfold said:
I was thinking more along the lines of, if you make a picture look natural and candid, people will be able to see how Tarot is a way of looking at things. How things that at first seem unrelated, are actually very related. I don't know if I'm making sense. I'm trying to present a poetic idea.

But I like your High Priestess! Very fun.
Oh, okay. That makes sense! I hope the deck will be able to convey meanings in that way.

Although, I'm only making this deck for myself! I guess as long as I understand it it's alright? xDD

And thank you! I'm glad you like her :>

rabid

WingspreadPhoenix said:
Although, I'm only making this deck for myself! I guess as long as I understand it it's alright? xDD>

As long as you understand it, it is alright. However, I have ot correct you on one point. You are going to publish this deck, so I can buy it. :)

Make the high preistess black and white... cause like... the coloumns are black and white... and more importnatly because my kitties are black and white, hahahaha. The columns thing was just an excuse, I will admit it.

Also, I prefer the more "realistic" animals. Never been a fan of the mixing of human qualities.

Yellow ducklings for the sun, anyone? Maybe sitting a top the back of an old plow horsy, a la RWS. Hehe.

Edited to add: Love the idea of a ribbion for judgment; please put it on a fancy looking show horse? hehe

Curtis Penfold

rabid said:
As long as you understand it, it is alright. However, I have ot correct you on one point. You are going to publish this deck, so I can buy it. :)

Make the high preistess black and white... cause like... the coloumns are black and white... and more importnatly because my kitties are black and white, hahahaha. The columns thing was just an excuse, I will admit it.

Also, I prefer the more "realistic" animals. Never been a fan of the mixing of human qualities.

Yellow ducklings for the sun, anyone? Maybe sitting a top the back of an old plow horsy, a la RWS. Hehe.

Edited to add: Love the idea of a ribbion for judgment; please put it on a fancy looking show horse? hehe

High Priestess black and white? Yes, that would add to the symbolism. Chicks replacing the kids in the Sun card? I like that a lot.

I just want to second everything rabid said :D

WingspreadPhoenix

Thanks rabid xD I'm in the process of coloring the High Priestess right now, and she's white with a black moon and black tail tip :3 I also like the idea of the yellow duckling for The Sun. Maybe it can be the child of the Lovers? >:]

I'm still wondering what to put a goat in :M I really love goats but I'm still unsure of what they could be symbolic of! D:

rabid

Goat = Tower. Enough said.