The card(s) that COMPLETELY ruined the deck for you ...

Wendywu

Oh my! Sort of Frankie's alter ego .... what a thought......

Stormdancer

Wendywu said:
Oh my! Sort of Frankie's alter ego .... what a thought......
I thought the same when I read it this morning....

Vala

illustrations

Hi everybody,
Has been a while. Glad to be back. I was dissapointed about 3 cards in the Druid craft tarot: The High Priestress is a bit over the top if you ask me. About the World: the naked figure seems unnatural. Same thing for all the female nudes in the deck.
I love to look at illustrations and drawings... but some of these cards seem like they have been done under time pressure or - living with an illustrator myself - drawing 78 cards is a lot of work and it seems to me he put more care in to some of them than he did with others. That's the impression I got from the first time I put my eyes on this deck.
Beautiful cards are the Lovers, Swords 2 and Swords 7.

Londubh

Rasa said:
AHA!

Mystery solved...

It is the Witches Tarot by Ellen Cannon Reed (distinctive backs!).

but it's not the Star, it's the 8 of pentacles. I can definitely see what you found funny about it, Chrissy! ;)

I don't know why you are picking on the poor guy, I always go to the library in my undies and use books as free weights.

I think they should rename the deck the Beefcake Tarot.

Carla

Vala said:
Hi everybody,
About the World: the naked figure seems unnatural. Same thing for all the female nudes in the deck.

The naked figure in the World is unnatural--it's supposed to be a hermaphodrite isn't it? Check out the mismatched boobies.

On the other hand, the Druidcraft Star card looks like a surgically enhanced 20 year old glamour model, right down to the bikini waxing.

But I still love the Druidcraft!

chrissydogz

Londubh said:
I don't know why you are picking on the poor guy, I always go to the library in my undies and use books as free weights.

I think they should rename the deck the Beefcake Tarot.
that deck scarred me and my cousin for life...lol not really we just thought it was the most hillarious thing ever. definetly keep this deck away from little children though.