The Prophets - Majors Only work-in-progress

sacredashes

lillie :heart::*

LotusSong, fret not, young jedi... I will show you in the language of pictures and it will make sense in time. The Diary was like this too when I first created it; jumbled cryptic messages even I could not comprehend. When the tapestry is completed, it will fit in like pieces of a puzzle ;) Patience, dear heart :heart:

It may help to see the Prophets as living entities representing the energy of the card, rather than the energy of the card per se.

Prophet of Reconstruction would be the traditional Tower but instead of being hurled from the top of the man-made structure, she IS the tower crumbling to dust. To seek reconstruction, she must first destroy what is in her that she wishes to change.

Victore Frankl once said, "Man has the ability to be a saint or a swine. Which is actualized depends on decisions, not conditions."

My perspective of the world changes like a kaleidescope... Some times I am the mad jester laughing at a joke noone else finds funny :confused:.. This deck is a tribute to those like me; semi-sane and kissed by the gods, semi-insane and touched by the devil.

**Now, a prelude to Kirell's sacred twin for I saw him in a video; he will be a Prophet of the Thorn... the masculine apect of the Tower to match Kirell in her bid to reconstruct herself. The story will give a clue of what to expect, but the prophets are mad to me as I am mad to them... Anyone who has watched Alice in Wonderland ala Tim Burton and appreciate the Tea Party scene would sort of get that this lot is rather "off"... :)

Would it suffice to say that I am on a rampage, a little off the center but way more sober than you give me credit for?

Riding on the waves of a churning black sea, I caught a glimpse of another one like unto me })

He stood on the edge of a cliff and spoke most lovingly into the ears of his beloved; singing her songs to serenade her beauty... except his beloved was a skull shinning white, grinning from ear to ear.

What a wicked, wicked sight it was; I froze the sea just to stay and watch. There I stood till the sun sank into the ocean floor and finally, as if waking from a trance, he hurled her into the abyss below.

"Oh my!!", I thought and tried to unfreeze the onyx waves but too late! :eek: The skull landed at my feet and shattered like crystal glass. Smiling up at him, I took a bow and carefully swept his beloved aside with my toes... :smoker:

Onwards and upwards I went, leaving her to sink to the bottom of the ocean floor where she would be safe from his explosive, erratic rage.

Rikell, like Kirell.. are killers of the soul. Shattering what little remains of you and I, till there is nothing left to mourn. The beast was here all along...

:heart:
Ash

sacredashes

Rikell.. Prophet of Destruction XVI

Rikell

Rikell

There will come a time when all promises will be broken;

When truth blurs into the lie that has been our prison;

And fallen angels with silver-coated tongues beckon;

With their invitation to sit by the edge of the sword and listen;

To all the songs of the Devil before he was falsely accused of being the villian.

Ash

Attachments

• The Prophet Rikell1.jpg
    The Prophet Rikell1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 98

Elven

Very evocative!
Awesome.

LotusSong

I really love this image. I can't explain why, but I do. It's so... expressive. I feel like there are many different feelings and thoughts swirling around in it, and it really makes you stop and look. I wish I could blow it up larger to look at the details without making it become pixelated (which would destroy the detail I would be trying to see). It makes me think of Film Noir for some reason...

sacredashes

elven... :heart:.. thank you :)

LotusSong.. ;) as you wish...

Attachments

• The Prophet Rikell3-Sig.jpg
    The Prophet Rikell3-Sig.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 91

LotusSong

Ooooh.... *leans in closer to the monitor*

There's fabric tied to the sword hilt! Truthfully, I didn't really notice it the first time I poured over the image. The object in the background looks a tad less like a wire-frame now and more like a building with giant glass windows. I love the intentional blur. <3

I wish I could explain why I love this picture. But, I really can't. It makes me think of so many things at once. Shakespeare, Milton, Poe... Old crime dramas... Forensics...

truelighth

Eek.. yikes! That one strikes me in the heart... wonderful image, Ash! But also a bit creepy to me. Which kinda belongs with the Tower experience I guess :).

It reminds me a bit of this one episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, called Hush, where there were these gentlemen demons taking the hearts of young people, while they can't scream because their voices have been stolen (by those same demons).. those gentlemen looked very much like the face in this picture.. bald with hollow eyes...
(ok, maybe that is why it creeps me out a bit.. )

OctoberGwen

truelighth said:
Eek.. yikes! That one strikes me in the heart... wonderful image, Ash! But also a bit creepy to me. Which kinda belongs with the Tower experience I guess :).

It reminds me a bit of this one episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, called Hush ... those gentlemen looked very much like the face in this picture.. bold with hollow eyes...
Ah, that's it! I couldn't figure out why I found this image so unsettling. It's definitely because of 'Hush' (one of the most frightening eps of BtVS ever, eh? The way those beings sort of glided along...)

As always with Ash's work, I love the look of this card: the details, the figure in the background, the sombre coloring, even the skull. But the Prophet himself would give me nightmares if I looked at him for any length of time. Normally I LIKE things a bit spooky, but he's just not right. *shudder*

sacredashes

LOL.. I just love it when there is feedback.. Okie, maties... since we have a merry band of bandits (who aren't scared of getting wicked mad) taking this ride with me ;) , let's get this ball rolling

I believe "The Gentlemen" is who you are refering to :D (I remember them! Also remember thinking :bugeyed:!! what a cool concept for evil-doers!! :laugh:) FREAKY SH*T!!

The Prophets Rikell (and Kirell) were inspired by this couple.

"Borrowed" the flamboayant energy of the music video where "I spied" the torero and his homicidal twin-soul trying to kill each other. I spent so many hours replaying this video, it bordered on obsession!!! Plus the lyrics made it so much fun to watch.

Sexy, twisted, funny... I couldn't resist stealing their energy the way The Gentleman stole voices :p

Ash

sacredashes

The Prophet Solitude IX (Feminine)

In need of solitude, I am drifting away from all that is skewed;
Watching the naked flame dance to a rhythm that is erotically lewd;
I really don't care what your opinions include;
As long as you ensure they do not intrude ;)

Ash

Attachments

• The Prophet Solitude 4.jpg
    The Prophet Solitude 4.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 89