The Prophets - Majors Only work-in-progress

shadowdancer

OMG... that is absolutely beautiful!! How wonderful to see a feminine Hermit. It brings about such a different energy and one many women could resonate with.

She has such dignity and grace about her. I really, really like :D

Davina

PS will be back some stage to leave thoughts re the Tower. That did throw me to start with but it has started to weedle its way into my thoughts. I can now look at it and not feel unsettled which was my first thought. Oh I love being encouraged to confront my own inner fears in such a safe way

Davina

sacredashes

shadowdancer said:
OMG... that is absolutely beautiful!! How wonderful to see a feminine Hermit. It brings about such a different energy and one many women could resonate with.

She has such dignity and grace about her. I really, really like :D

Davina

PS will be back some stage to leave thoughts re the Tower. That did throw me to start with but it has started to weedle its way into my thoughts. I can now look at it and not feel unsettled which was my first thought. Oh I love being encouraged to confront my own inner fears in such a safe way

Davina

}) ppppsssttttt..... Did you notice the shadow of a face lurking just behind her (to her left; on the right side of the pic)?

LOL... Don't you just love little peek-a-boo surprises?

:heart:
ash

shadowdancer

I did indeed..... you have mastered the art of subtle imagery for sure. Makes looking at your decks/images time and time again so illuminating. Something else seems to pop into your eyeline which had previously been missed.

Davina

moderndayruth

I love your artwork, Ash! What a powerful and moving images! Adding The Prophets to my wishlist! :thumbsup:

truelighth

sacredashes said:
I believe "The Gentlemen" is who you are refering to :D (I remember them! Also remember thinking :bugeyed:!! what a cool concept for evil-doers!! :laugh:) FREAKY SH*T!! .

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking about. I forgot that they were actually fairytale characters and not demons. But still scary.

sacredashes said:
The Prophets Rikell (and Kirell) were inspired by this couple.

"Borrowed" the flamboayant energy of the music video where "I spied" the torero and his homicidal twin-soul trying to kill each other. I spent so many hours replaying this video, it bordered on obsession!!! Plus the lyrics made it so much fun to watch.

Sexy, twisted, funny... I couldn't resist stealing their energy the way The Gentleman stole voices :p

Ah, I can see the resemblence there as well. I see where Rikell got his looks from... and there is even a frame in the video that looks very much like the one on the card. You sure got their energy in that card!

truelighth

I love the Hermit. Such a tranquil feeling about that card. I know what it is like to seek solitude (ok, so I have redrawn from the world for a while some years ago, because of too much input and stuff). And this image just conveys that.

But omg.. shadow in the background.. I hadn't even seen that yet. You are always so full of suprises, Ash!

sacredashes

hhhmmmmm

So a girlfriend of mine introduced me to digital enhancement.. :bugeyed:

What a huge difference and so much fun too. I experimented on the Prophet of Arts... :D how apt!!

Am thinking of going into reprints of the pictures, not as tarot cards but as art prints... I am thinking this might just work!

Ash

Excerpts taken from a conversation about The Prophet of Arts in another forum:

Said the Lady Sea to the one named Shadow:

Apr 21, 2010, 10:47 AM

Post #69 of 70 (812 views)
Copy Shortcut
Re: Lady Sea [shadow] [In reply to] Private Reply | Can't Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even tho, no trace of of you, as you say, was left behind,
the words you say, the images, speak about you,
small givings, yes, but they say a lot,
and so I can not simply forget....

Someone who speaks to me,
as none before has, before,
someone who may just 'get' who I am,
good AND evil, and who understands,

I am me, my faults and foibles,
Just me, who hurts, who loves,
and a deity so imperfect,
in her own beauty, she rises above.

Can't you see it?
Can't you imagine,
who should be half my soul?

And the Shadow replied through the Prophet of Arts:

Apr 23, 2010, 1:39 PM

Post #70 of 70 (174 views)
Copy Shortcut
Form from No Form [In reply to] Private Reply | Can't Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is an old story that spoke about creation; how the gods of ancient times spun music the way a spider spins its web.

Weaving golden threads of light and sound, they formed the universe; sprinkling star dust across a vast canvas that was once pitch black.

Then they took a tiny part of their essence and breathed life into it; and their essence grew in multitudes.

The songs sung by the ancient gods soared across the Universe for they took delight in their creation. They did not cover the blackness entirely; for they saw how darkness brought out the brilliance of their light, like jewels sparkling against black velvet.

But that was in the beginning; and much has happened since.

We will not speak of all that has come to pass; nothing stays the same... not even the songs that now hold this world together. Tears shed yesterday are like tranquilizers to an agitated heart pleading to be cut; and once crystalized, they hang upon the walls of our memory to remind us we are alive.

There is light in you and I; in equal measure there is darkness that seem to overwelm at times... yet it does not. Good and evil are for dogs and children, a friend told me once and I delighted in that phase for it made me laugh.

On nights when I cease to hear the beating of my heart; I listen to the Prophet who is perched atop a black rose as she weaves golden notes from her violin. Melodies that make up melancholic tales about children like you and I who were long abandoned by the gods.

I wish only to show you the invisible made visible for I can see what is hidden from the naked eye; I imagine all the things that are written in the stars for that is where the songs are kept.

In the darkness of the darkest night, I'll see a jewel burning bright.. a deity so imperfect in her own beauty, she rises above all else.

the beast was here all along...

(This post was edited by shadow on Apr 23, 2010, 6:07 PM)

Attachments

• Prophet of ArtsDE1.jpg
    Prophet of ArtsDE1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 99

shadowdancer

blimey... that does look effective.

Good card choice as well

Davina

truelighth

Wow! I am speechless... :bugeyed:

sacredashes

:D I was experimenting on how the print might look like if it was framed up. Just got the Prophet of Solitude printed to be framed up on my wall.

I love that glow on her face; like she is sitting in front of a fire and the glow is reflected off her face as she turns inwards.

:p
Ash